Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afigreg

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Believe me Greg the pleasure is mostly mine...and if you enjoy it too...great.  Imagine being a kiss from 70 yr old ...running across pictures of yourself you long forgot and find out there's folks still interested.  That's a HUGE shot in the arm for anyone ya know?   I never knew I had fans outside of my immediate hometown.  I now have wonderful friends from other parts of the world that I truly enjoy talking with who tell me they were fans way back then.   How sweet that is!  I appreciate your kind words...
Alison
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bill ( my husband) and I enjoying putting together my last set of trophies I ever won...a Maui contest.   BB was something we enjoyed together....an adventure we shared.  I think all to often I am reading that couples break up and lives shatter because of a bodybuilder's journey that is their own apart from their spouse.

Thank you Alison. I can't honestly say that I was a fan of yours in those early days. I didn't know about you until fairly recently but I was a fan of muscular women in those early days even if I was only in my early teens at the time. I have your Women's Physique World set of photos and you look absolutely beautiful. I know a lot of people don't like it but I do still really like that early 80's styling, the clothes, the hair, the bikinis and one piece outfits etc.

As I said, or something similar, it's so nice that someone like yourself who has been through all of this, especially in the early days of the sport, is so willing and even very happy to share her experiences and photos with fans of hers and fans of female bodybuilding in general.

I do like the female bodybuilders of today but there is something about yourself and women like you from the early days of bodybuilding that I like very much too. Anyway, I could go on for a long time and I'm known for my epic emails and messages but I'll leave it there. Thank you again Alison and I hope you keep posting here because you obviously have some old friends and fans here and some new fans too(like myself).
(Oh, and no I'm not trying to push anything here but my email address is on my profile if you'd like to contact me).

Greg
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

afigreg

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

phy911

I was not quite sure if you meant this was a bad pose because of the watch but I went ahead and removed the watch in the photo.

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was not quite sure if you meant this was a bad pose because of the watch but I went ahead and removed the watch in the photo.

You could get arrested for that! Is it a gold one?  :clap:
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So before you competed, you thought you should avoid competitors to avoid feeling intimidated? I gather you wereimpressedby her training discipline?yytyt

Not at all.   Mind you the only time I would have opportunity to even talk with a competitor was at a contest.  (I was 100% isolated from other bodybuilders training in my backyard.)   At a contest, each contestant has a lot on their mind...it's not exactly a time when your tendency is to get chatty ya know?
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was not quite sure if you meant this was a bad pose because of the watch but I went ahead and removed the watch in the photo.

You could get arrested for that! Is it a gold one?  :clap:
Streetfighter...you're killin me !  But thanks I appreciate all the help I can get !!!!!  ( I'm still laughing)...now I need to tan up the wrist.
Alison
K+ for the help BTW

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a shot with Steve Dussia my trainer and our best friend back in those days....

Greg,
Well thank you for your kind words.   I'll keep posting here and share thoughts of my experience ...with pleasure.  I've been out of the loop here at Saradas.  Bill my husband had a bad belly ache last Thurs that ended up in emergency gallbladder surgery.  I never knew a gallbladder could hold that many rocks, and 3 the size of my thumbnail !   All's well...he's home and I'm ever so grateful we got it in time.  Apparently it was close to rupture.
Alison
...I'll look up that addy Greg and email  you

Taylor

All your pictures are great, but I especially like the one of you at the ocean...

Hope your husband is recovering well from his surgery.

zig563

Looking good Alison! Glad to see the sport had a lifelong impact on you being nice and healthy.

afigreg

Thank you for the message this morning Alison. That was so nice of you and such a nice surprise. It made my day. I've sent you a reply. Sorry again about the size.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
With regard to what you were saying about training, I figured you meant that when one might have the chance to see a fellow competitor in the gym that they would avoid even saying hello to onewhomthey were going to be up against Ina few months.
Tyt
Nah....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login





zig563

Very scenic. Will pray for your husband, Alison.

alison brundage

Thanks ! ZIG ....we can always use all we can get.  He's doing pretty good.   Mooveeguy...up in the mountains we get this cloudy drift after rains..and yes in the early morning.  It's ever changing and captivating...love it !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

afigreg

That last photo is one of my favourites from all of your photos of your bodybuilding days. Just so beautiful and I love that happy smile on your face. I think the smile says it all.

Thank you yet again for sharing everything with all of us Alison.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks !...sometimes you get lucky.
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Same suit...same shoot....different poses.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login