Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

I've heard cases of surgery making the situation worse, especially if it seems to be recovering on its own. Sounds like good advice from the American doc...

Haven't had surgery (yet) but I've had a lot of problems with my knees - arthritis.


alison brundage

Taylor...and  OdoHerr
Well I cancelled the arthroscopic surgery this morning.  I have to laugh,  it's hard to converse in a language that's not your first on the telephone, and I have to get across to this Spanish speaking doc that my knee has full range of motion and I have no pain with activities of daily living.  Ok so I did my best on that...told him I'd like and evaluation in a couple of weeks.  He sez...."Well, keep that knee in the straight leg brace, iced and elevated for another week, then start activity slowly after one week"   (guess it looks worse to him on MRI than it is to me live !)
Had to laugh ( but didn't) .......I chucked the brace in the closet 3 days ago and have been doing house and yardwork for the last two.....LOL!!!
Soooo...surgery cancelled , done !   Case closed.  I'm over it.

alison brundage

   69 yr old.....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Semi soft mode in my Hawaii backyard waaaaay back when
Alison


alison brundage

I found this in an old album. 
'80 Miss Hawaii Physique......1st place
'81 Miss Aloha State...........1st place
'81 America-Nationals..........7th mdwt
'83 Physiques BB Classic......1st place
'83 Hawaiian BB Classic........1st place
'83 Gold's Classic................1st Mdwt.
"83 America-Nationals, ........7th Mdwt
'85 Ms. Hawaiian BB Classic...1st place

Karharot

Alison, can you tell us some of your best lifts and measurements in these years ?
I ♥ Saradas

alison brundage

Well....I remember I benched 180 on my 40th birthday.   I'd have to look into my journals for measurements....   

alison brundage

Change your password on your email

alison brundage


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2014


Not the best quality photo...oh well
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"You think that's water in the fountain?"  ( sorry Image Shack seems to do the Godzilla thing sometimes...this is one of those times.......size increase in every regard !!)
........Alison ;-)

alison brundage

It was a photo shoot with the WSP guys ... in Californina.   I do encourage you check out those old WSP Mags still online full of great stories and auto bios of the first FBB stars...their lives etc.  You can see pics online everywhere...but these men were excellent at recounting the lives of these women.  Some real jewels in their stash.
Check out WSP magazine. 
        ( this ad was supported by  a FBB who herself was greatly encouraged by WSP ....I will be forever thankful to the Jentz Wnnerstrom , Nafpliotis team.)

Alison

OdoHerr

To Alison

You sent me a personal message on Feb. 21st,
But I cannot answer to you as you have blocked the reception of personal messages.

OdoHerr

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

oops...I'll fix that OdoHerr...sorry
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was talking to Bill Jentz of WSP just this week and he mentioned taking this photo and that they got so carried away with their photography that they were unaware I was about to pass out.   I didn't remember.  I do know I was starving...literally.  I went back to look at the pics...and yes, this right here is the picture of starvation.  Jentz is still very apologetic in that they weren't out ot kill me....LOL.   I look back and I feel fortunate to have survived my career for the body extremes I was putting myself through.   I was no spring chicken.

Alison

OdoHerr

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
oops...I'll fix that OdoHerr...sorry
Alison

Still blocked, unfortunately.
If you trust and give me your personal email address, I'll answer directly.
If yes, sent it to me via a personal message here.

OdoHerr

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login