⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison brundage

Thanks for your support....both of you.  I think you can use moderation and find that there's healthy improvement in a body with attention to nutrition and a regular lifting program....done well.  Now, you may never be seen on the cover of Muscle and Fitness....few do.    A lifetime habit of healthy exercise serves you so much better than a candle quickly burned at both ends.   This is just my own personal opinion....but I would not recommend competition bodybuilding  to anyone. 

Alison

alison brundage


alison brundage

No problem.    Competition bodybuiding for the woman involves extremes.  The body fat level required to demonstrate a cut physique is below that which is physiologically healthy for a woman.  Another problem is eating disorders and as well the body image adjustment issues of going from off season- to contest ready shape.   You hear this tiime and time again that relationship difficulties also come into play with extremes of training and dieting.  You get just plain irritable.   It's starvation.  Gym injuries are as well a possible.   The woman has to weigh the costs ...is it really worth it ? 

For me....I reversed years and years of being made fun of (teased) as a muscular pre-teen and teen girl.   It hurt real deep and stuck with me....until I did what I did...and this in my 30's.   The benefits for me were huge psychologically....plus I learned the benefit of lifting as healthy way of life.   I did not set out to do this;it just sort of happened as a result of hard training with excellent coaching and entering the field of competition early before the competition became fierce.   Today I'd be an "also-ran".

Alison

alison brundage

..You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2014

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


alison brundage

The back....years and years of surfing some big waves.  You see the monsters on the horizon...and you know they're HUGE...you paddle fast.  Sorta like a "sprint" for  back/shoulder  muscles.   As well, when it's a real big wave and you are scratching to catch it...you paddle REAL hard.  You miss it, you may be in for a trip over the falls.




You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


A couple of shots with some Hawaii fans after a contest...mid 80'3

alison brundage



I know you've seen others like this one...    Hawaii was extremely good to the contestants and especially the winners of BB contests.  They gave huge trophies and a trophy for each best body part....and flowers...how sweet.   Hawaii was VERY good to me....fond memories !

Alison   

afigreg

I've just had a look through this post and I wanted to say thank you Alison for being so generous and sharing so much with us all. It's wonderful that a woman who has been through all these years of bodybuilding, especially the early years of the sport, is willing to give so much back to the fans.

:thanks:

Greg
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

Believe me Greg the pleasure is mostly mine...and if you enjoy it too...great.  Imagine being a kiss from 70 yr old ...running across pictures of yourself you long forgot and find out there's folks still interested.  That's a HUGE shot in the arm for anyone ya know?   I never knew I had fans outside of my immediate hometown.  I now have wonderful friends from other parts of the world that I truly enjoy talking with who tell me they were fans way back then.   How sweet that is!  I appreciate your kind words...
Alison
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bill ( my husband) and I enjoying putting together my last set of trophies I ever won...a Maui contest.   BB was something we enjoyed together....an adventure we shared.  I think all to often I am reading that couples break up and lives shatter because of a bodybuilder's journey that is their own apart from their spouse. 

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Surfing was and still is our primary fun sport together.   We're still pretty regular in the water
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is a photo taken as I was preparing for a contest with my trainer Steve Dussia.  He was very good at helping me maximize what I had not only in training with weights but as well visually in posing.

Alison

alison brundage


A contest....but which one I have no idea.  I'm sure Mooveeguy'll know.  ;-)
Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Good pose (+-)...bad pose, with watch

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Uploaded with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison

alison brundage

How sweet....and ya know I was just kidding.  This was some Hawaii contest in the early 80's.  Thanks on the mag offer...I'm sure I have it....somewhere.
Alison

alison brundage

Well of course we first met at the Golds.  She was my serious competition and we did not have a chance to talk then then.  I believe ...yes possibly it was the 81 Nationals in Vegas that I had a chance to talk with her.      Alison