Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucrezia Borgia

The powerful and beautyful Alison Brundage!!!

Alison was one of the unforgettable, lovely 'Maidens' of the early '80....very peaked in those huge arms!


Luc





You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
     

Lucrezia Borgia

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Lucrezia Borgia

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very Nice pics!  I've never seen her before. :)

K++


yeah, she was one of best women of early '80 with other goddesses like Kay Baxter, Pillow, etc.

Personally, she is one of my favourite bacause of her mom-next-door supersexy look AND her arms that seems they could tear steel (see pic 13  :o :o)

Ro Ba

I remember seeing a photo of her in an issue of Flex in a brief article on the 1983 Gold's Classic. She won the middleweight division and nearly beat the heavyweight winner, Pillow, in the overall posedown.

jimmyd1

wow, what treat to see these in color ... anyone remember seeing these for the first time in the black/white glossys ?

thanks to the poster and karma !

alison brundage

Now retired and living in Central America.  Still an active surfer with weights in the backyard.  Age now 67 yr old
Alison Brundage
BTW...thanx for the nice comments

alison brundage

Reply from Alison Brundage:
1. Thoughts a/o memories from my bodybuilding years.  I trained in a backyard gym made out of found objects.  I was a night nurse in a small hospital on the North Shore of Hawaii.  When I had won several contests there, I got a lot of support from the cops.   Policemen would tell me where busted stop-sign posts were.  Lots of the gym contruction was made out of these posts...

2. When I went to the Gold's Classic in Venice Beach I really had my eyes opened when I saw so many bodyboilders there in their off-season condition and most likely taking steroids.  I felt like I didn't belong...nor did I feel like I had a career  going forward.  That was pretty much my swan song...those last years. 

3. I t was exciting being on the cutting edge of the popularity of muscularity for women.  To be quite honest I was naturally muscular and an avid surfer.  What I achieved was more due to diet than anything.  I had a heck of a great trainner...Steve Dussia.

4.  I was not a person of interest when it came to the muscle mags.  It was only WSP that supported me in their mag and printed articles.  They were great encouragers and I am thankful to them to this day.

5. Diet:   To get in contest shape I used the old tried and true 3&1.  Three cans of tuna a day.....period .  Tuna for 3 days then one day of carbs.   That not only dehydrates you but is a real fat burner.  I would not recommend it.  Nutrition for bodybuilders has come a long way since then.   My last National I never weighed in.  I competed in the middleweight division.  BUT I had lost so much weight, i actually qualified for the lightweights.

6. Last I want to say thank you for all your interest and as well your kind comments

alison brundage

I'm sort of getting a handle on how to submit a photo here..    I just clicked on ImageBam up there where Luca78 had posted those first shots...and used that.    I am about to submit some pics I have  but I don't want to waste my time goofing it up.  So far all I am able to do is copy a link via a subscription I have now with ImageBam.
Jot me a personal message if you can give me a photo-duplication for idiots lesson.  How do you get the actual image to appear here?...or is that something the moderator does.     Thanx

Alison

alison brundage

Some answers Moveeguy
1. Initially my husband and I were gym members.   Very quickly I moved to my own backyard gym in the backyard of our friend and trainer.  I never again returned to a formal gym.  All the equipment was made by my husband and my trainer...pullies, strange contraptions to effect tension where I needed it.  I did have a complete Olympic set and power frame with a full set of dumb bells.   My trainer Steve Dussia was old school and well respected in Hawaii as a trainer.  He was known to have won BB contests doing nothing but Chas Atlas dynamic tension.   It was quite an adventure actually.

2. The diet pre-dated what we know now in BB nutrition.  I was consuming 1 gm protein for every kg bodyweight.   I have no doubt I lost a considerable amount of muscle...   My kidneys survived it.  My energy level was actually pretty high.  I was working nights, surfing big Hawaiian surf every day... and training as well...running uphill for cardio.   My husband sez I was a tad edgey...LOL.

3. My trainer  competed with me in doubles at the National Amateur level. 

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a couple more Hawaii pics I found.  Me surfing...and one of my last contests

alison brundage

OOPS.....sorry , that was my husband surfing up there.  Here's me

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

I never kept up with who might have come up after Lori and I.  No doubt Lori would know.  We were for sure the first who made names.  Keep in mind we were way early (as you know).  My first BB contest in Hawaii we all came out in high heels ...LOL  Lori was one heck of a lifter. She was a competative lifter before her entry into bodybulding. 
.....................
Flash forward many decades.  Here's a pic of myself here in the mountains of Central America where my husband and I are doing missionary work with Ngobe Bugle indians.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

All those trophies were from one contest....a Maui Classic.  In Hawaii they gave a trophy for each body part as well as over-all.  It was waaaay cool !

Lowest body fat measured was 6%.....

alison brundage

Remember Larry Scott ?   Was he the very first Mr America...I forget.  Anyway he was guest poser at this contest here where I won all these trophies.  Somewhere I have a pic of myself and Larry Scott doing a side chest together.  Boy did that make my day or what.  If memory serves me well, I believe Julie McNew was there posing as well.    We had great times walking the beach and I guess boggling the minds of those bathers that had never seen a woman bodybuilder before.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

More surf pics .  Some are when we were living in Hawaii ..others taken in Indonesia.   The WaveSki pictures are recent taken where we're living now in Central America

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

1. We don't do Facebook....   We're law-adiding American citizens gone well under the radar and enjoying retirement peace in a foreign country....   Wanna keep the peace ya know.  There's enormous value in that freedom.

2. Re Pillow:  Please do say hello for me.  She was an important part of my life back then.  Great gal.

3.  I'll try to hook up with Lori Okami...another one that I've respected as an athlete.

4. Would like to find out where Steve Dussia went to.  He's from Pennsylvania originally.  Well respected as an Olympic lifter and trainer.  My hunch is he's still active.  Can't locate  him...   Like us, gone off the radar.

5.  Need to start a "then and now" forum here.   Approaching 70 now, I would assume there's others in my age-group that were active in bodybuilding now trying to maintain their youthful vigor.   All of us need encouragement...then and now !