⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulff

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Ground zero.....maybe my first month or two of lifting? You should be able to see some of the other early shots there as well. In fact I think this will link to all I loaded into PhotBucket.
Alison

You clearly have awesome genetics.


afigreg

Thank you so much for sharing everything that you share with us Alison. That is so nice of you but I know you also get something out of sharing these with us too. I know you really enjoy sharing with us and connecting with genuine fans of yours and genuine fans of female bodybuilding.

Grego

Oh, and as far as the pictures go, I don't know about the picture sharing sites but as far as browsers go I use Google Chrome and it seems to work fine with everything.
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please do warn me Alison! You have done it again, I need a lie down to calm down! Great pic, thanks!
Where are my blood pressure tablets....?
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

alison brundage

Timmon/Grego/Beowulff
Thanks guys.  Yup...I always said I did not add much to what wasn't  already there.  Keep in mind I was a surfer in big Hawaiian surf...lots of paddling...back shoulder work.  That helped.
One thing I did not learn in time before I quit FBB was how to get to contest fully peaked and not depleted and dehydrated.  I lost a lot of size in overtraining at the end phase...
My trainer was top of the line in the lifting art but his claim to fame was Olympic Lifting.....not necessarily bodybuilding per se.  He WAS an excellent photographer and had an eye for body angles...loved Frank Zane.  He gave me excellent posing advice in the traditional poses.  In my era ladies bodybuilding posing was breaking new frontiers with artistic elements not seen in the men's division.  Cory and Carla as well as Debbra Dianna carved a new path.  I did not have that skill.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Steve Dussia my trainer and  I.  He set up the shot, jumped in and posed with me.  Shot with auto -exposure.  He had a darkroom and developed them all.  Man I was one lucky gal !  What an exciting adventure we had.
Steve was a very interesting dude.  He trainned guys along with Bill Starr.  Bill Starr respected him.  Steve at one time won a bodybuilding contest by using soley dynamic tension...just to prove he could.  He'd squeeze his muscles using the muscle force against solid objects at different angles.  He was a genious ....and was well know in the Hawaiian Islands for his ability.  He always kept my routines fun, exciting and challenging.  There was always something new.   I was in the Alice in Wonderland of bodyubuilding with Steve...I'd never know what he's come up with next !

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
These are some of the little indiginous children I work with up at the mission here in Panama.   Today we had about 300 of them up there .  Parents are picking coffee now, and their school is out.  This gives them a place to be and  have a little fun.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(Image Shack)
I had the physical ed group..    That's me in the black dress looking exhausted.  man they wore me out !

Alison
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(Photo Bucket)

Hey guys...Image Shack is giving me some trouble...photos are being deleted.   This up here is a test...see what happens.  With Image Shack I can select image size...PhotoBucket does not seem to have the option.   Anyone having ImageShack problems?.......I need help

afigreg

That's so nice that you're doing that for your local community. As always, thank you for sharing everything you share with us Alison.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kryten

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey guys...Image Shack is giving me some trouble...photos are being deleted.   This up here is a test...see what happens.  With Image Shack I can select image size...PhotoBucket does not seem to have the option.   Anyone having ImageShack problems?.......I need help

It's highly unlikely that your photos are being deleted without good reason, that may be a browser problem - refresh it with <Ctrl>F5 and see if that helps. Oh, and imo dump Internet Explorer.

Photo hosting sites fall into two rough groups - the ones that want to give you an 'Album' type experience and the ones that just host a file (your photo).
The Album types, and I'd include PhotoBucket and to a lesser extent ImageShack in that list, are geared mainly for you to look at pics on their website rather than to be linked to from a forum. For that reason they may not offer you the BBCode to link to the image, or a thumbnail, or a choice of thumbnail size which is what you need to post here. Album sites are, usually, good if you want to share photos with the relos - by sending them the webpage address, and if you expect your photos to be there in, say, five years time.
The 'host a file' sites are made for the forum or ebay kind of use and automatically generate thumbnails in a choice of formats and give you the BBCode to post. They are almost literally a dump site for photos, throw them in, post the links and then forget about them. The site will delete them as and when it feels like it (but usually never less than a month after you upload them). The downside to those kind of sites is they are funded by advertising, usually porn, and depending on the site, your photos may be seen surrounded by some truely gross ads. (Select the 'family safe' option if available).
If I want to post an image here I upload to ImageBam with 250x250 thumbnail size, Family Safe selected and ignore the other options. After the images upload, ImageBam makes the BBCode which I copy and paste into my reply. End of story.
I'm not saying you should use ImageBam - they may have unpleasant advertising too, but since I use a customised Adblocker program I don't see anything but the photos - you'd need to check how the site appears for yourself.
Hope that helps.

Sar-Net

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
....snip....
Hey guys...Image Shack is giving me some trouble...photos are being deleted.   This up here is a test...see what happens.  With Image Shack I can select image size...PhotoBucket does not seem to have the option.   Anyone having ImageShack problems?.......I need help

Imageshack, imagevenue, randomly delete images from any sets if I post there anymore(This effects a lot of people, some whom I even have told that half their stupid image posts are not in the thread the same day they post them.  Its seems some times to be just about impossible to get some people to stop using some crappy image host.).   I no longer use these two unless all other options fail, And I try to tell people they are not working right.    I think these image hosts have far too many photos for the size of CRC they are using to detect dupes and copyright dupes, so files are deleted that don't really match but have the same CRC.    And then there is the other problem, that of image hosts not deleting thumbs for deleted images, I have no fricken clue why they do this, as it makes no sense at all.

Anymore I generally use either You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for sets of images as thumbs.  Imagebam occasionally has a qwerk, so I'm looking for a replacement if it starts being messed up more often, I think imagebams qwerks are mainly due to heavy site usage, overall it works well most of the time. 

I use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for full size images inline on a post but if I only have a couple of images to post or for a video sample image, if I'm doing a bunch of images I do them as thumbs rather than full size. The images hosts are still way to slow to post a lot of full size images in a single thread. 


alison brundage

StarNet........Re: Image Hosting

PhotoBucket:  On  their deletings, you have an option of "public" or "Private".  If you elect "Private"  They will occaisionally scramble the ID to the photo.  Your recipients then find what was sent to them is gone every so often.   OK so I elect "Public" with PhotoBucket.  Solved that issue (I think)

ImageShack:  They have refined their options and you can resize photos real nicely.  Their system runs smoothly for me...the braindead.  Their platform for some reason does not go well with Miscrosoft Explorer.   I find the only way I can open my own account is via Mozilla ...and possible Google Chrome.

Problems with Miscrosoft:   I find even use of this site works better in Google Chrome.  Mod central suggsted that to me yesterday...and I was surprised at how well it worked.  That said I have conversed with geeks that say Chrome has some problems....dunno specifically what.

Porn and why I purchase Premium accounts:  I do not want to send a photo to my pastor and have some porn ad pop up (LOL).  I have some friends that I sent Saradas to ..(.waaaay back )  and their antivirus flagged images they clicked on, that freaked them out and they have not returned here.  That's when I was using free ImageVenue , Bam etc...just learning. Too bad.  I purchased PhotoBucket and it's "only OK"....not to be able to resize annoys me.

Image Shack.....I may endure with them.  I now have a phone # and I  want to find out why I am having peculiar problems when in my Micro. Explorer browser. 

I really want to thank you for your inputs.    Any others would be appreciated by the peanut gallery here.

Alison

I have no doubt OdoHerr has all this wired....look at his posts.  the guy's a master !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
( OdoHerr's FBB computer console, nah kidding, sort of)

Sar-Net

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
StarNet........Re: Image Hosting

PhotoBucket:  On  their deletings, you have an option of "public" or "Private".  If you elect "Private"  They will occaisionally scramble the ID to the photo.  Your recipients then find what was sent to them is gone every so often.   OK so I elect "Public" with PhotoBucket.  Solved that issue (I think)

ImageShack:  They have refined their options and you can resize photos real nicely.  Their system runs smoothly for me...the braindead.  Their platform for some reason does not go well with Miscrosoft Explorer.   I find the only way I can open my own account is via Mozilla ...and possible Google Chrome.

Problems with Miscrosoft:   I find even use of this site works better in Google Chrome.  Mod central suggsted that to me yesterday...and I was surprised at how well it worked.  That said I have conversed with geeks that say Chrome has some problems....dunno specifically what.

Porn and why I purchase Premium accounts:  I do not want to send a photo to my pastor and have some porn ad pop up (LOL).  I have some friends that I sent Saradas to ..(.waaaay back )  and their antivirus flagged images they clicked on, that freaked them out and they have not returned here.  That's when I was using free ImageVenue , Bam etc...just learning. Too bad.  I purchased PhotoBucket and it's "only OK"....not to be able to resize annoys me.

Image Shack.....I may endure with them.  I now have a phone # and I  want to find out why I am having peculiar problems when in my Micro. Explorer browser. 

I really want to thank you for your inputs.    Any others would be appreciated by the peanut gallery here.

Alison

I have no doubt OdoHerr has all this wired....look at his posts.  the guy's a master !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
( OdoHerr's FBB computer console, nah kidding, sort of)

Photobucket is more of an online photo album rather than an image sharing site.
I expect when you say Microsoft you are talking Internet Explorer, I recommend you use Mozilla Firefox browser.   
You can get Firefox from the shareware sites.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or direct from Mozilla.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Chrome is based on the same code as Firefox but has been "tweaked" by Google for Google product/sites and as such its not really a universal browser. 
Lots of people like Opera browser, I'm not partial to it but if you don't like Firefox its probably second choice.   
Internet explorer is junk, as its bug filled Microsoft crapola. 
Firefox has addons for just about everything web related too including image posting.  You can even get an addin to use IE in a tab if your on a IE specific site and still have Firefox's safety, security and addins.  Also there is and addon to use your IE shortcuts in Firefox, and addin's to block advertising, etc. etc. etc.
Imagebam.com allows you to select thumbnail size when posting so it is a better option over imageshack.com. 
Imageshack just dumps way too many images to use anymore.
Your pastor should only get porn AD's on most sites, including image hosts, if he looks at adult sites, that said Saradas would be considered an adult site as it has nudie images in its forum threads.  But there are web masters of some sites that should not allow adult advertising as the site is not adult in nature, that do so because the advertising companies pay more if all types of advertising including adult advertising is selected.
One of the big problems with all sites that have advertising, is the advertising servers get hacked a lot and many take forever to get rid of the hacker virus, trojan, etc. and I'm sure that is why their antivirus flagged images they clicked on.  Although I must add there have been some people who have posted virus/trojan links on Saradas. I have reported a couple of these sorts of links to the mods, they have been pruned quickly though, so most people probably never even saw the links.  I'm sure that the mods also blocked the user and users IP, of course that won't stop anyone good but it does get the children to stop playing games.
Yea OH DO HER has his posts down pat, also he seems to have every FBB image ever made, so we are all looking to steal his server(s).  I also like that monitor setup, my old set of 17's are in dire need of replacement.
I saw this 42" wide screen plasma monitor that if I had money would be in front of me right now but alas I'm probably gona be stuck with a crappy LCD when I replace the old CRT's.
Well I should end this before I go past the post length.  Talk to ya latter.   

LuvBigChix

When I see photos of what you're doing now, I feel inspired to go do something to better my community.

Right now, that's eating breakfast and showering, both of which will make everyone around me happier.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I see photos of what you're doing now, I feel inspired to go do something to better my community.

Right now, that's eating breakfast and showering, both of which will make everyone around me happier.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login                                       


It's not work...it's fun really.   You see their joy &  it's fun to encourage.  These kids rarely have much more than a nice rock and a piece of string to play with.  Dad spends the food money on booze so they have no rice to eat...and adversity is regular.   Mom's desperately trying to hold it all together  raising five kids.  The indiginous are less than human in this culture.  Expendable .  These poor kids get it stuck to them every which way they turn.


Makes me VERY thankful for the life I was blessed with.  It's a good thing...definitely
Alison.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mid 70's.   Taken in Ecuador where I learned how to surf.

Alison

alison brundage

1977 Florida surfing  Three years or so before I began lifting
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
                                              Alison

alison brundage

Early 70's.   Learning how to spin wool from my neighbor Maria Jacinta.  She was my adopted mother in the mountains of So Colombia.  She taught me everything I needed to know  to get started as a proper indian woman.  Indiginous group Guambianos.  We lived up there in the mountains of So Colombia for 1 1/2 yr in a house we bought.  No running water, no electricity, 2 1/2 acres of land.  Price $1600.00

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login




You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Those are my parents.  Dad, a Jewish businessman had a hard time wrapping his head around all this.  To him a great vacation was to smoke a good cigar in the lobby of a Miami Hotel)...LOL

STRONG women these indians. They are the work-horses of the family.  They spun all the wool for the material they wove in order to make all their clothes..men women and children.   They carried the men's tools, their baby and spun wool at the same time while walking  2 1/2 hours up into the mountains...barefoot ( it was cold) before the crack of dawn.  On the way down the men carried the tools, the women then carried about 75 lb of potatoes PLUS the baby on their back while spinning wool as they walked down the mountain.  The toughness of these women taught me a great deal about what exactly a woman could accomplish in many regards...strength one..... determination another
ALISON.