⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellz

Hey Alison,

You look incredile!  I much prefer your look compared to todays bodybuilders.  Hard and musular without looking like a cloud haha
All your poses look beautiful!

I love your flexed look!


alison brundage

Thank you so much.  All I learned was old school stuff and the fellow that taught me was right out of York old school ilk. ( Steve Dussia his name)   He grew up in Pennsylvania and his idols were of the John Grimek camp.   He migrated to Hawaii where I lived and assisted Bill Starr football weight trainer with the U of Hawaii.  He took the photographs for Starr's book .   It was only chance I was introduced to this man and the adventure we went on was birthed.  We made all the weight equipment and trained in his backyard.  I had a safety rack and an Olympic set.  My supplements were protein powder and liver tablets.  My resource was IRON MAN magazine.  I became lean by eating only 3 cans of tuna a day..period.  Three days on and one off.  I ended up winning every Hawaii contest I entered and placed 7th twice in Nationals as a middleweight.  I was pretty much clueless but just did what he told me.  He taught me all my posing.  He took my training photos....had a darkroom where he developed the film.   This was before internet and fast photography. My skin was tanned naturally and before the contest I was slathered with IODINE mixed with baby oil...nuther old school trick.  We entered doubles together ...and I guess I was too big and he was too small.  Cory and Jeff won. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


I was in my mid 30's and for an older gal who was always ashamed of my own muscularity , the entire adventure was a huge ego boost for me !   I was one of the last naturals in a National event. What an experience !


ALISON
 

Bellz

I love couples.  Wathing them flex their ripped muscles together is beautiful and sexy!  Do you prefer couples posing or individual?

Yes alot has changed since then with contest prep...which conest was your favourite?

Bellz

I have been going through some of your photos and your story...truly amazing Alison!  I can only imagine what you would have achieved if you had all the resources available today with all the training techniques, equipment and nutrition...thats another level!
I absolutely love your competion physique and are just as gorgeous now :)  Your muscles are hard and ripped...I love your smile as you flex and hold the pose!!

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have been going through some of your photos and your story...truly amazing Alison!  I can only imagine what you would have achieved if you had all the resources available today with all the training techniques, equipment and nutrition...thats another level!
I absolutely love your competion physique and are just as gorgeous now :)  Your muscles are hard and ripped...I love your smile as you flex and hold the pose!!


Thank you...BUT I ended my entire career because I was natural .   The only thing I did not take advantage of was performance enhancement drugs.   I DID NOT like the appearance of off season steroid enhanced ladies.  I never would want to look like that.  I discovered that when  I left my backyard gym in Hawaii and did the Gold's Classic contest in Venice, Calif.    Bodybuilding for women was going in a direction I was not at all able to go.   (there was an ugly side.....the pay to wrestle-me stuff)    Drugs changed things for me with regard to serious competition.  I was having a lot of fun building by lifting and nutrition alone.  I just loved all my home made gym equipment.   THAT is what made all of it exciting !  It was easy to walk away.  Surfing will always be my first love.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login




Alison

alison brundage




BELLZ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love couples.  Wathing them flex their ripped muscles together is beautiful and sexy!  Do you prefer couples posing or individual?

Yes alot has changed since then with contest prep...which conest was your favourite?


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



My trainer and I did the couple for fun when I was training for the Nationals that occurred at that same venue.  Both of us moved together with complimentary poses much the style of Grimek. or Zane.  That was NOT what judges wanted to see.  They were more into big men lifting very thin-looking gals over their head.  ( or so it seemed ) .


Gold's Classic was my fav because I got to know Pillow and we both turned out to be on the exact same page.......we both left the sport to pursue other interests.   Steroid use was the deciding factor.  Neither of us were into it.  We stayed in touch for years after.


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Alison

Bellz

I am so happy you stayed natural as you look better than all the female bodybuilders now...even the physique ladies who arent far off bodybuilders themselves...sometimes I cant even tell the difference between the two.

I mean, they dont fold their arms with their side shest and open hand for their double biceps and i believe they dont perform a lat spread but physique wise its hard to tell them apart!

Can I ask, you have mentioned Kay Baxter, were you a fan of her physique?  Also was a huge fan of Pillow...have you heard back from her?

Bellz

We also share a love of the ocean BTW...I scuba dive!

Bellz

Thats a shame about the couples posing as I love watching a couples routine...did anyone by any chance record yours?

hwillish

Allison...I'm right there with you in age and just happened to see this thread.  Didn't really know there was such a thing as women's bodybuilding until I happened to see one of Robert Kennedy's Muscle Magazine's in a drugstore around the mid 90's...and the rest is history!   The Arnold, The Olympia and obviously the Masters... Ive attended them over the years now and have gotten to know many competitors and wonderful fans with whom I have become friends .

I And just wanted you to know that if I had the money, you would be my "inspiration" to create a "Super Masters" event and obviously have you be the first lady to be invited...lol! :bravo:

Bellz


alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Allison...I'm right there with you in age and just happened to see this thread.  Didn't really know there was such a thing as women's bodybuilding until I happened to see one of Robert Kennedy's Muscle Magazine's in a drugstore around the mid 90's...and the rest is history!   The Arnold, The Olympia and obviously the Masters... Ive attended them over the years now and have gotten to know many competitors and wonderful fans with whom I have become friends .

I And just wanted you to know that if I had the money, you would be my "inspiration" to create a "Super Masters" event and obviously have you be the first lady to be invited...lol! :bravo:


God bless you for your kindness !
Alison

Bellz

Hi Alison, were there any other competitors physiques that you admired while you were competing?

I personally think Kay Baxter looked amazing!

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Alison, were there any other competitors physiques that you admired while you were competing?

I personally think Kay Baxter looked amazing!

Here is some that I thought had a genetic gifts. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Juliette Bergman...what an outstanding package !!!!!!


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Marjo Seljin ( another Hawaii star...beautiful gal )


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


All these gals were from my era.    I assumed all were naturals at the time. 


ALISON
Kay Baxter was special....genetically gifted for sure.  She was an early California star.  She, Pillow and I commiserated together after feeling somewhat slighted after an early National contest because of our obvious muscularity that was not yet in the vogue.    Pillow brought her blender and somebody had the booze and fruits..  All three of us got a healthy drunk on after a National event in Vegas....80's.   I felt honored to be invited to the party !
What an experience I had.....a blessing !

Bellz

Juliette was outstanding, loved watching her in the mixed pairs with Tony Pearson!

I like Marjo Selin too though I must confess I prefer a more muscular harder physique

Who are the other girls in the photo?  I think thats Pillow in the top left and you in the top right?

I loved yours and Kay Baxters physiques...hard muscularity with symmetry and proportion...the total package!

That party sounds like a memory that will be treasured forever!