Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zig563

Hope life is going well for you Alison. I'm learning new things about the body almost daily. Amazing machine....the human body. I'm glad you found your old trainer.  The net has some value in finding old friends.


steved6464

Alison and Bill,
    Got a rare opportunity on a computer today sending out a quick note.  Give me a call when you can.  Remember the sissy squat benchwe "invented"
    Steve

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison and Bill,
    Got a rare opportunity on a computer today sending out a quick note.  Give me a call when you can.  Remember the sissy squat benchwe "invented"
    Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Steve,
I don't have many of our old Deltoid House gym shots...practically none.  Here's one, along with a pic of the very first contest for women in Hawaii in the high heels era.   I wrote you a private message with my email addy.

I'll give a call Steve.  Looks like it's gonna get a bit nippier there for ya !  Almost 100 here out in the sun.
Alison

mooveeguy

Guess my comment was erased or did not make it. Well Alison I was wondering what the status is on getting hold of those pix from days of old I was inquiring about.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Doubles competition.  Muscle and Fitness Mag.  That's my trainer Steve Dussia and I upper left.  Cory and Jeff won.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Surfer Magazine. 

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mooveeguy

I think I couple of those pics if I am not mistaken are from the 1983 American. If I may ask, how tall are you in relation  to Pillow when you competed and posed down with at the Gold's Classic?

alison brundage

As I recall, I think pillow was a tad taller than me.   Only a few pics. (  I had gone to the contest by myself.)  My friend Lori Okami's family I think took this one.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mooveeguy

Well I hope that question about your height didn't hot a nerve. Sorry if it did. I recall reading an article in Flex (January 1984) where the author of it noted that though Pillow was the overwhelming favorite in the judges' eyes you showed up more than prepared on that day. And Okami was a very muscular lightweight.

phy911



Color correction and some minor repairs/touch ups.

alison brundage

Ahhhh to be young again !   Thanks The Street fighter...very nice.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison 

mooveeguy

How did you manage to get through a posing routine early on with the smell of the iodine and baby oil probably being unwelcoming to your sense of smell?

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How did you manage to get through a posing routine early on with the smell of the iodine and baby oil probably being unwelcoming to your sense of smell?
Stung the eyes that's for sure.   On top of that we took these pills to make you tan   I forget what they were called...but you got sorta orange from them.    Then there was laying down on the asphalt between the cars in the parking lot to get tan.  Amazing I survived !

We didn't have a lot of money....   We made a gym out of found objects.   BUT life in Hawaii back then was fun...and we made to most out of every moment !

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This was an abandoned car on the side of the road.   Just a fun photo-op.  Thank God I didn't get bed bugs.   Crazy stuff !!!!
Alison
OK........it was Canthaxanthin pills we took:
How does Canthaxanthin work? Canthaxanthin is a dye similar to the carotenes in vegetables such as carrots. It deposits in the skin to produce an artificial "tan." It might protect against sun sensitivity through antioxidant activity.

zig563

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How did you manage to get through a posing routine early on with the smell of the iodine and baby oil probably being unwelcoming to your sense of smell?
Stung the eyes that's for sure.   On top of that we took these pills to make you tan   I forget what they were called...but you got sorta orange from them.    Then there was laying down on the asphalt between the cars in the parking lot to get tan.  Amazing I survived !

We didn't have a lot of money....   We made a gym out of found objects.   BUT life in Hawaii back then was fun...and we made to most out of every moment !

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This was an abandoned car on the side of the road.   Just a fun photo-op.  Thank God I didn't get bed bugs.   Crazy stuff !!!!
Alison
OK........it was Canthaxanthin pills we took:
How does Canthaxanthin work? Canthaxanthin is a dye similar to the carotenes in vegetables such as carrots. It deposits in the skin to produce an artificial "tan." It might protect against sun sensitivity through antioxidant activity.

Cool picture Alison. That station wagon looks loaded with lord knows what. Thanks for sharing that one. :thanks:

alison brundage

Hey Zig
Been thinking about you.......survived the snow ?