Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steved6464

Landscaping with a machete.  Don't forget to switch arms now and then.  Alison is the only girl who was ever my friend, even though I had my share of girlfriends.    :hey:  I think the laughter was her best ab exercise. We certainly did plenty of that.  If she got grumpy, she had Bill.  If I needed grief, I could get it from my girlfriend.  I am thankful that after 30+ years of meandering, that I was able to make contact with good friends who i thought might be just a memory.  I had a new article published on Starting Strength, Bill Starr: A Legend Walked  Among Us.  Maybe you can find it. 


alison brundage

Backatcha Steve ,
Cool Steve I'll look for the article.
BTW the eclipse here in Panama was covered with about as many clouds as I was in fat in the foto below.  Just a hint visible now and then. Pitty...try figure.
On friendship.....what Steve meant  was we enjoyed the hell out of each other without ever having a "relationship" if you know what I mean.   Muscle lusting minus the lust.....(Laughing........)
Alison

jdm022

Great pic Alison!!!


  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
     
Funny that you hated being "The Hulk";  I dated several girls in high school and college who were also naturally muscular, and every one of them at some point, also commented negatively on their own "larger than normal muscularity."  Of course I complimented them highly on it and encouraged them greatly.  Hell...that was precisely why I found them so attractive.

Quick note: Alison, you have probably encountered the same thing, but one of my college girlfriends' legs were so muscular, especially her calves, that even just standing in line at the store she would get compliments from women and was constantly asked for exercise advice...she was definitely complimented 10 times more than the opposite...which I thought was very cool :cool2: 
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

Image Shack GONE !!!!!!    All the Image Shack photos are gone and as well, I get a 404...site not found error when i try to log in or open the site.
Alison

steved6464

Alison,
Moveeguy asked several pages back about Harold Sakata. He was training at the Nuuanu Y when I was there with Tommy Kono.  He was Oddjob in the James Bond film.  He was the guy who threw his derby like a frisbee. I believe he wrestled under the name of Toshtogo.  He was a super nice guy, in the background of many of my lifting shots.  He died at the age of 52.  He was an Olympic lifter and, I believe, competed in the '52 Olympics.  I laughed when I saw the muscle lust comment.  When you call, i will arrange to send you articles that won't be published.  Maybe good for a laugh

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Image Shack GONE !!!!!!    All the Image Shack photos are gone and as well, I get a 404...site not found error when i try to log in or open the site.
Alison

Yes, According to a post on Twitter 18 hours ago, it may be 72 hours before full service is resumed, so don't delete anything!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

alison brundage

Timmon.....whew...signs of life at Image Shack today!   Still can't log in to my account however........................yup on backup of the backed up backups.   Meanwhile I still have stacks of molding fotos in the closet which Moveeguy would so love to see out of the closet.  Alison

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Steve's article on Bill Starr.....a good read !   It was MY good fortune to benefit from what Steve learned directly from his years with Bill Starr.  I never met Bill Starr ( smile) That's just how many folks that wrote testimonies to the man began their eulogies of him as Steve mentioned in his own article ....BUT through Steve, benefited from what he taught.  Bill Starr was a legend that walked among us .....

alison brundage

Oh wow...found this and bumped it up.  Brain surgery early 90's.   I had taken just for fun after the surgery.  My mom carried it in her wallet.  She'd whip it out to show her friends what her daughter looks like.  Great.....my mom was a kick....(picture my eyes rolling)                                   ....................ALISON

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

zig563

Glad to see Alison's old trainer visit and confirm what we all thought. Alison is as good as they come. She did it the old school way...which is much better for long term health.

We used to train like that in school...prior to high school when weights slowly began to come into training....but mainly b/c I played football. The weight room was rarely hit hard by any team other than the football team in those days. I went back to my old high school a decade back and the weight room was so much better than in the 80's....we had a few free weights a universal and one bench. Pushups and weights you had at home were the rule when I was hitting my teens.

alison brundage

Oct 2 2015   Image Shack BACK.  Slow .  Most of the photos are there...some are not.  Lets hope it gets fully restored, as they work on it.
Oct 9 2015   Image Shack has a number of dropped photos.  More problems methinks
Nov 2015  Image Shack restored 95% of client photos, the rest being lost.  They have discontinued FREE service.  Only paid members can now use the service
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just got back from another fantastic 5 days of surf !  Life is good
Alison

steved6464

Alison and Bill,
    Just on a computer and letting you know I'm still out there.  People say that about me a lot, like, "wow, you're really out there".  I had another memory for you.  Remember when Ginny Hontz trained with us at Deltoid House.  She was the January 1959 Playboy Playmate of the month.  I laughed when I read the part about coconut oil mixed with iodine for tanning.  That stuff would be a good substitute for Mace.  I hope you're training, or at least thinking about it. 
            Steve

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison and Bill,
    Just on a computer and letting you know I'm still out there.  People say that about me a lot, like, "wow, you're really out there".  I had another memory for you.  Remember when Ginny Hontz trained with us at Deltoid House.  She was the January 1959 Playboy Playmate of the month.  I laughed when I read the part about coconut oil mixed with iodine for tanning.  That stuff would be a good substitute for Mace.  I hope you're training, or at least thinking about it. 
            Steve
I do hope you have photos of that because I don't remember her.   I was most likely "out there" at the time.   Yah...we had a dog show up and now is "our dog"...so now I am running the dog with my bike...doing curls...surfing...that's about it for this 70 yr old ex- FBB.
I'll call you......plan time
Alison

steved6464

 :angry: Never used an unhappy face before, but this one seemed appropriate.  A dog is a good training partner.  Any time you call will be OK, as long as I'm home.  Im doing curls now and then too, I like sets of 5 reps.  Activity on your site seems to be at a lull.  Tell Bill hi.    Steve