Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
thank you Alison for sharing your experience with us. I really like your insights since I have been following fbb since the late 70, early 80s.  you seem to be having an enjoyable life and your husband sounds extremely supportive of you.

You are definitely a classy lady in my book and I wish you all the best.
Thanks !    Yes bodybuilding can be fun...the life associated with it rewarded because of it.   I think having kept it natural...and the entire thing in perspective with regard to how bodybuilding relates to me personally was a HUGE benefit.   I have had a great life...happy healthy and with  a husband I have enjoyed all of it with and continue to do so...is an enormous reward.  I have been able to enjoy the sport and leave  the "obsessing with it" part of it.  That in itself was a miracle.   For that I am grateful beyond words.
thanks for your kind words
Alison


mooveeguy

What was the most you lifted in a certain exercise? Or have you stated what the heaviest weights you pressed were?

alison brundage

The amount of the lifts...the weight ..was never the big deal really.  It wasn't like power lifting.   I remember lifting 180# on the bench on my 40th birthday...and to me ....that was a huge big deal.  look at Paula Suzuki's bench #... now THAT"S A HUGE BIG DEAL !.....over 300 on a bench !....wow.  Thank God I came to the stage in Hawaii before she did !
Alison

afigreg

A lot of people ask "how much do you lift"? but it's not about how much you lift unless, as you say Alison, you're powerlifting or olympic weightlifting. Isn't this all about how you feel, how fit you are and, if you are competing, how you look. It's not about the amount of weights you pump but the end result of that iron pumping. Well that's how I see it anyway.
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

...and speaking of lifting.  When do you lift off for the land-O-Disney Greg?

alison brundage

In Panama where I live there's this fantastic river.  I've been enjoying panning for gold there.   This was taken last week 8/2015. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison

zig563

Lovely scenery Alison.  That is a gorgeous setup you have down there. You look great too. :clap:

alison brundage

Thanks Zig
It is just fantastic here.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did find some gold in the river...too fine to do much with...but it's there.  This was my first attempt.
I haven't done any lifting since I broke my knuckle.  No excuses ...I just got lazy.  Lookin soft.  Heading for the surf tomorrow.  Now that will be good exercise !
Good to hear from you
Alison

afigreg

Alison sorry I haven't been on here for a while. My last comment on August 28th was the day after I got home from "the land-O-Disney". We left Monday August 17th and arrived home Thursday August 27th. I don't know if you use facebook but I've posted photos there. Otherwise I can see about somehow getting them to you if you'd like.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

Great.    Send them direct.....

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison
...old dog, new tricks

steved6464

Alison,
    I finally got back to a computer, (my brother's), and just wanted to thank you for the books, and all the nice comments.  To anyone reading this, I can provide the formula to anyone, but the 1 in 10,000,000 potential of Alison was crucial to the end result.  Actually, based on the population of the US, it may be 1 in 100,000,000
    I tried the phone no. but had no luck. Maybe you were surfing.  I also have your return address on the envelope from Bill's book.  Getting older is not a problem.  Not getting older, on the other hand... ??? ???
    Give me a call when you get a chance, I read all the books and am ready to be tested.  I have some as yet unpublished training articles I want you to review. 
    This is a test of my ability to post.  I read your fan letters, and I must say that you deserve the accolades.    Steve
   

alison brundage

You make me happy...now as then.   Bodybuilding should be an exciting adventure...a happy and healthy one.   We did that ( emphasis on happy)...and I am ever so thankful for all of it....esp you.  How fortunate we were to have fallen into one another.   One talented trainer and a gal (...a tad old but ) with muscles and a desire to train them.   No matter what, we had fun.  The results?....well it really didn't matter.  We won !

alison brundage

Steve,
Just got back from another surf adventure.  I'll give you a call
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison

achilleus

I have recently seen Lenda Murray in a promotion video for WOS championship and thought: its amazing she is still around and such a good ambassador for the sport. Then I have seen another interview with Bev Francis, which was fabolous and she seems to be doing well with her gym. And I always love to read inside stories from you on here.

On the other hand there are so many new and really young athletes on the rise, across all mentionable divisions probably more then ever. It is somehow the first time we are looking at different generations of female bodybuilders/athletes.

Question to you, Alison: are you in contact with the current bb movement, are you interested in whats going on at the Olympia? Do the young athletes ever ask for advice? In which way do you interact with each other ?

Thanks and best greetings
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login