Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow, Alison, you made that dress look great!
So another claim to fame for you... the founder of the WPW dress! I guess Steve would have been in trouble from his GF, if he kept on borrowing her dresses, especially if the borrower looked better in them, so the WPW dress (es) had to be introduced to save his relationship!
Would love to know who bought them and why! I guess FBB's are not so worried as average women, about being seen in the same dress. The WPW ones lasted for many years, and took quite a pounding, stretched far beyond the limits they were designed for.

Oh no.   His GF was a beauty and as well a bodybuilder.  My hunch is she filled out that dress quite nicely.   BUT....I'll have to say it's sort of the librarian look....(laughing)

alison brundage

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Timmon

My mistake. Ignorant of me, of course Steve would have an FBB GF, what am I thinking of?! No offence intended to his GF, FBB or not.
Let's just say you both made the dress look great, in the absence of a photo of his GF in it.
Maybe she was a librarian.. in the Weider library of training books!
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

warlock12

His GF was Lisa Lorio, or am I mistaken? If yes, she was indeed very beautiful.
As are you Alison, you really rock that dress!

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My mistake. Ignorant of me, of course Steve would have an FBB GF, what am I thinking of?! No offence intended to his GF, FBB or not.
Let's just say you both made the dress look great, in the absence of a photo of his GF in it.
Maybe she was a librarian.. in the Weider library of training books!
ha ha ha ha ha

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
His GF was Lisa Lorio, or am I mistaken? If yes, she was indeed very beautiful.
As are you Alison, you really rock that dress!
Yup that was the gal. She had some fame for a time as well.   Some new ones on the Lisa Lorio thread worth a look see.   Natural beauty.  Mega-talent.  Sweet Cajun accent ( if you check out the YouTube videos on-line ).   Lots of Magazine covers !  ....and lookin mighty good in her early 50's !

alison brundage

Just back from another surf trip.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
                                                                           
This one was from last month.....my 70th birthday.  Great waves...broken hand (knuckle)...surfed anyway.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
                                                          ALISON

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
                                                               ALISON

Hi guys...
Been reading the life history of Berrarr MacFadden, father of modern physical culture...or bodybuilding as we call it today.  The book is entitled "Mr America" and written by Mark Adams.   What's interesting reading it is how much of my training methods taught to me were from the MacFadden era.   Totally old school.    Were you to rain today totally natural, much of what Macfadden taught still works. How to get lean and muscular primarily.  Building monster muscles...not so much.  Good book.....glad i found it.

Lean ......back in the day:   ( nothing but starvation ( 3 cans of tuna a day) , uphill running in sweats cycled with carbs every third day)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

zig563

Interesting. Some modern bodybuilders still use some of the old school training methods. Not many, but there are some top names.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting. Some modern bodybuilders still use some of the old school training methods. Not many, but there are some top names.
MacFadden was big on starvation , lots of walking ( insane kind....like from New York to Chicago), raw food diet, before his time on vitamins. 
You would enjoy this book.....very unusual fellow.  My kind of guy....(laughing)
Alison

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting. Some modern bodybuilders still use some of the old school training methods. Not many, but there are some top names.

I remember going to a contest promoted by the late great Serge Nubret. Between the prejudging and evening show he had a Q&A session. I remember this guy asking him about his diet and Serge replied "just eat one big steak, one meal a day, just one big steak" I remember the guy turning around looking at me unsure if he was missing some sort of joke.  It was a fun show.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting. Some modern bodybuilders still use some of the old school training methods. Not many, but there are some top names.

I remember going to a contest promoted by the late great Serge Nubret. Between the prejudging and evening show he had a Q&A session. I remember this guy asking him about his diet and Serge replied "just eat one big steak, one meal a day, just one big steak" I remember the guy turning around looking at me unsure if he was missing some sort of joke.  It was a fun show.

I believe that.   It's the carbs that make us round.....
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Especially as we get older.  My sister in law visited us for 3 weeks.   She ate what we ate and lost 8 pounds.   I'm sure a lot had to do with the fact that we eat no bread, no potatoes, no rice and no sweets.   Before she left we took that picture with her after she said to us she feels like she has stayed at a training camp for overweight people.   ( ha ha ha )  We eat like that all the time !....well not like THAT.

ALISON

mooveeguy

Was that pic of you and the other ladies taken from The Female Physique Athlete, Alison?

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Was that pic of you and the other ladies taken from The Female Physique Athlete, Alison?

No it was a program from a Honolulu bodybuilding contest I had entered.
A
Actually now that I think about it the pic was taken by the Jentz WPW team.  We all submitted our own pics for the program.....I probably had no thought at the time of copyright .......now that I ponder it.  Apologies to Bil Jentz...I'm sure he'd forgive me.

mooveeguy

Found any of those past magazines or pictures that you have mentioned are somewhere in storage?

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Found any of those past magazines or pictures that you have mentioned are somewhere in storage?

Stacks and stacks of photos and mags sit in a closet.   They got put there almost 8 years ago when we moved here.   Still not motivated enough to tackle the challenge.   We go surfing two weeks out of the month, leaving our home to go to the coast.  When we get back home we have yard and house care catch up...then we are off again.   At 70+ years old.....keeping the body parts in motion has first priority over sitting in front of stacks of photos and scanning them.  Never know when the body parts will stop moving ya know?

Anyway, God willing some day I will no doubt get to it...if we both live long enough.......     Another thing we want to do is to take a trip to Alaska.   Sure would be super to
connect with Pillow once again after all these years.  She was my best bodybuilding buddy back in the day 35 years ago.  How time flies !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the yard work


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the surfing ( latest trip this  last month)


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My very fav of Pillow from way back when

Always good to hear from you Mooveeguy !

ALISON