Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison brundage

Only body testing I ever had  done was at this Nationals contest.  I tested 6%.   I weighed 106...my normal contest weight was around 120.  I was waaaaay over peaked and dehydrated.   

Here's the pic on the stage that day: ( a kiss from keeling over and dropping dead)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I missed the weigh-in.   Competed as a middleweight but in fact was a lightweight.
this was the line-up...I'm far right.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's the next day after hydration during a WPW photo shoot:  Bill Jentz told me later that he sincerely thought I was gonna keel over during that photoshoot.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Diet consisted of nothing but 3 cans of tuna a day for 3 days then off one.  3:1...did that for 3 months.   Damn near killed myself !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That last one was as well several days after the contest.   BIG difference several gallons of water !
ALISON


alison brundage

the story about that contest:

This National contest in Vegas was a huge big deal for me.   I went with  my husband and my trainer Steve Dussia who was as well competing with me in a doubles competition.
Before the contest we were running at night in sweats down the streets in Vegas.  I remember sweating like a boar hog as we ran in front of all these hot Vegas  lights.   We also ran up and down the stairs somewhere in a back hall in Caesar's Palace where we were staying.   We'd stop and do a few chin  ups on some water pipes in that stairwell.   It was insane. 
Before the contest I remember lathering up with iodine mixed with baby oil.  ( that was before spray tan).  The fumes damn near made you pass out.   What a crazy time that was !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No worries NinjaStar.   I'm happy to be your storytellin grandma !   (laughing)

ALISON

logiemac

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the story about that contest:

This National contest in Vegas was a huge big deal for me.   I went with  my husband and my trainer Steve Dussia who was as well competing with me in a doubles competition.
Before the contest we were running at night in sweats down the streets in Vegas.  I remember sweating like a boar hog as we ran in front of all these hot Vegas  lights.   We also ran up and down the stairs somewhere in a back hall in Caesar's Palace where we were staying.   We'd stop and do a few chin  ups on some water pipes in that stairwell.   It was insane. 
Before the contest I remember lathering up with iodine mixed with baby oil.  ( that was before spray tan).  The fumes damn near made you pass out.   What a crazy time that was !
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No worries NinjaStar.   I'm happy to be your storytellin grandma !   (laughing)

ALISON
And a lovely sense off humour too.  :-)
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

Nuther...same crazy episode.
Took me a week to figure out what happened.   Nutz.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison

mooveeguy

Alison, I might have said this before, but with that flower in your hair you looked like you created an amazing physique. I gather by the time it came for you to be photographed you probably felt a great amount of punishment.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison, I might have said this before, but with that flower in your hair you looked like you created an amazing physique. I gather by the time it came for you to be photographed you probably felt a great amount of punishment.
Flower in the hair
Femininity thing.   All of us that had muscle then felt like we were lower in the pecking order.  Like flowers would make a difference in the judges opinion....(laughing)   
Well, that was my thinking then.    Times sure have changed !
I even had one on my wrist:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
             Alison

mooveeguy

Was precontest training especially difficult on the diet? I recall reading that Pillow, when training for competition would find her energy wasn't that great for her workouts when dieting so hard.

alison brundage

Super duper energy....bitchy as hell.....always constipated.  Pillow and I would share Metamucil recipes.
You asked !......... (laughing)
Alison

mooveeguy

What training would you say was the most challenging? Yes I did ask about the dieting part. I sort of figured that  doing crunches and other ab work was something that would leave you feeling like you had the stuffing beaten out of you.

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What training would you say was the most challenging? Yes I did ask about the dieting part. I sort of figured that  doing crunches and other ab work was something that would leave you feeling like you had the stuffing beaten out of you.
The daily "routine" of it was the most challenging to me.  It could get boring.   I was more into surfing....more exciting.   My trainer had a way of always creating a challenge for me and mixing it up to keep me "into it".   Some folks like the same-ness of the gym routines.  Me?...not so much.   I never ever pushed lifts to the extreme to where any one exercise was super duper hard.

Yah...getting out of the water and  to the gym  (staying with it  ) was the hardest for meYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alison

alison brundage

Girl with scarf-n-car
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

zig563


Timmon

Nice one Alison! WPW took and still take some great pics. Of course, they were probably the first to cover FBB off stage?  I used to save up to order some prints when I could afford to, no internet of course. I note you never wore the stock WPW dresses! Amazing how many times they got those stretchey dresses out. I guess most athletes turned up for shoots in track suit and trainers plus posing suit, and the last thing on their mind was to slip into a dress!
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

alison brundage

Timmon,
The WPW dress
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The WPW shoot and the dress I didn't bring.  I guess I was before "the WPW dress". This dress came out of Steve Wennerstrom's girlfriend's closet.  They decided they needed a shot with a dress  and I had none.   His girlfriend was out of town and clueless to the fact they were raiding her closet.   I guess that's when the stretch dress concept got it's birth....they got their own one-size-fits- all dress.
ALISON

Timmon

Wow, Alison, you made that dress look great!
So another claim to fame for you... the founder of the WPW dress! I guess Steve would have been in trouble from his GF, if he kept on borrowing her dresses, especially if the borrower looked better in them, so the WPW dress (es) had to be introduced to save his relationship!
Would love to know who bought them and why! I guess FBB's are not so worried as average women, about being seen in the same dress. The WPW ones lasted for many years, and took quite a pounding, stretched far beyond the limits they were designed for.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS