LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zig563

Nice Alison. You look pretty darn fit and healthy! Hope the Florida scene works out well for you and Bill! :rock:

zig563


alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice Alison. You look pretty darn fit and healthy! Hope the Florida scene works out well for you and Bill! :rock:
Hey Zig...  Eh, we're just window shopping around the Ocala, Silver Springs area of Florida.   Great prices there...beautiful area of the country.   Lots of clear springs, rivers, horse ranches etc.   Could be fun if we ever quite surfing here in Panama.   So far surf's still happening here for us.

Now hitting the gym daily which is a new thing for us being back yard lifters.  Much easier in a gym I tell ya !  We're usually the only ones there which is totally cool!  ( well not really ...it's sorta hot and humid actually ...;-)  )
Alison
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
( old 80's pic...can't lie)

zig563

Nice Alison. Surf on! The gyms have some pretty nice equipment these days that are very body part specific. A non crowded gym is awesome!

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My surf session last week.  71 yr old and I'm still movin' ...thank God
Alison

zig563

Great Alison! :bravo: That is 71 years young!

I will shoot you in e-mail sometime soon. I have been making tremendous breakthroughs in my personal fitness and strength. I found a combination that has me feeling ten years younger and you might find some of it interesting or new.  It is working great for me.  You look excellent. I'll catch up with you soon. Enjoy the surf and I hope you and your hubby are both doing great.

alison brundage

Zig
I've been on a ketogenic diet now  on and off for a month or so.   Once I get past the white knuckle stage I always feel better.   We're enjoying the gym. Interesting...here what I see are naturals that generally don't push the weight.  Oh there's a few guys that enjoy dropping heavy dumb bells to get your attention...but generally the energy level is low on average in that gym.  The gals spend a lot of time taking selfies and playing their phones with their thumbs...the guys just stand around , laughing and shootin the shit.   Bill and I do a rapid pace bunch of sets til we are close to passing out....and leave...usually in an hour.

I'm hoping that with the consistent weight lifting now along with the diet I can encourage some increased energy output in that gym !...LOL  Sooner or later some muscles have to start to appear here and there on my bod...or so I hope.
A
I look forward to your email

zig563

That kind of deit definitely works. Lets hope you and Bill spread some energy into that gym. I'll shoot you soon and see if anything I have learned and played with myself would be of interest. I'm glad you are both doing well!

alison brundage

The real deal gym's blowing my mind.  I've been a backyard lifter pretty much from the start once I began the contest thing.  Amazing what can be accomplished in a hour in a full gym !   I feel spoiled now.   A retirement treat fer sure.  Do write and share your progress.
A
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That was my calf machine over there on the left

zig563

Will do Alison. The backyard stuff is doable, but the technology is nice too. It helps someone like me with some joint issues keep myself from crushing my back or shoulders and isolating muscles.

You look great. Very lean and I see muscles showing as you lean out. It is harder to get the muscles to show as we age without the leaning out. Even younger people....the leaner....more you see the muscle. The lack of fat helps clean the organs out a bit too and allow them to re-generate!

Have a great 4th! I'll shoot you this month. I have a feeling I may violate a few of my new lifestyle habits this weekend at bbqs. I've been saying no, but once in a while... No grass fed meat at these bbqs!

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alison and Steve Dussia my best friend and trainer who taught me all I know about bodybuilding
1981  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1981

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ALISON
September 2016

zig563

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ALISON
September 2016

Great pictures Alison! :clap:

You look to be handling those tall looking waves with ease. You look very fit. Hope all is well!

alison brundage

Well Zig.....I stay moving.   I'm trying to unlock a partially frozen left shoulder using trigger point therapy on myself with some limited success.  ( remember that tool and book I told you about?)   Every time I push upper body workouts I seem to tweak my shoulder/scapula a bit.  No doubt there is some tear in the rotator cuff ....not uncommon at my age.   I am able to push the wave ski action without difficulty because all the force  is low ( not above my head) .   Drag getting old...but it is what it is what can I say?   I just do what I can....stop if it hurts and try to evaluate how I can make what's hurt better.   Anyway...good to hear from you.   Stay in touch.
ALISON
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

zig563

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well Zig.....I stay moving.   I'm trying to unlock a partially frozen left shoulder using trigger point therapy on myself with some limited success.  ( remember that tool and book I told you about?)   Every time I push upper body workouts I seem to tweak my shoulder/scapula a bit.  No doubt there is some tear in the rotator cuff ....not uncommon at my age.   I am able to push the wave ski action without difficulty because all the force  is low ( not above my head) .   Drag getting old...but it is what it is what can I say?   I just do what I can....stop if it hurts and try to evaluate how I can make what's hurt better.   Anyway...good to hear from you.   Stay in touch.
ALISON
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have the same type shoulder issues as you know Alison. Maybe even worse and yes you must keep moving that area in particular. After a big surgery on one of mine they had me doing rehab at home within days just to keep the scar tissue from building and it freezing up. I have tried the trigger points and continue with it...some success...some of the points are hard to get at which is where the tools come in...or even balls.

I'll write you soon with some other interesting things I've learned and that have been effective with stretches, movements, and light weights being used to strengthen the labrum as many of us (me too) have overused certain  parts of the shoulder and not worked the back as much. The pain in front is often from not working in the back and poor posture or leaning the shoulders forward.

You look great. Talk to you soon and hope all is well! :rock: