Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Have any videos of your competition days?

They are all now on DVDs with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ( WPW magazineonline #9 and #10).  They're old super 8 movie transfers to DVD and put to some pretty dated music.  A bit cosmic.   #9 is all Alison Brundage and #10 has a mix of FBBs of the 83 era.
Alison

alison brundage


afigreg

mooveeguy, and anyone else who is interested, I bought both those DVD's and they are well worth purchasing. Not only for the beautiful Alison Brundage in her bodybuilding prime but also for all the other wonderful women of that era including Cory Kneuer(before she became Cory Everson).
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage




Back home from a trip to Panama City.  This one from the rooftop of our hotel taken last week
ALISON

zig563

Looking very fit Alison. Nice work. I can see the improvement in the picture.

alison brundage

Thanks Zig.   Slow and steady seems to be doing the job.  Slowly slowly blasting the fat and at the same time pushing the weight to encourage muscle.  I was in too much of a hurry back in the 80's and although I did get down to bedrock and in fact create a bit of muscle, I do believe I was not creating as much as I could have.  My goal is December 2013 to reach ground zero ( bedrock) and March 2014 to acquire the appearance of a true FBB....then hold it. 

alison brundage

You bet !   Some of the basics are still basic...but the current research keeps commin off the press and it's really exciting stuff.  I'm truly enjoying this adventure.

alison brundage

Mooveeguy...oops I  KNEW you'd nail me !   Still in the closet.  I really need to get at those....if nothing else to preserve them all.

pbo4muscle...well thanks!  Yup... natural muscle is entirely possible.  I was born that way...muscular as a little girl.  Made fun of as a matter of fact.  Muscles were not "in" when I was a kid.
It was VERY liberating to be able to have my brief time under the lights and the timing was perfect.  Soon after me the era of drug-assisted muscle pretty much edged the natural right out of the competition.  On...how strong was I?...not very.  I was not a powerlifter type.....surfer actually.  Thanks for the kind words. 


These were both taken before I ever lifted a weight and before I began bodybuilding.  I was probably close to 30 yr old then
ALISON

alison brundage

Nah....before anything I was a surfer and am today.  That was my sport of choice.  Bodybuilding didn't help me much with my surfing other than get me noticed in the water..and possibly a few more waves in crowded surf.  Hey...I'll take any extra wave I can get. 

afigreg

Judging by the picture from last week you certainly look on track for your November target. It's just a pity that there are really no contests in Panama. Keep up the great work Alison.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

No...actually I got really buzzed.  Like amped.  Irritable as hell however ( ask my husband)  Seemed like the less I ate the more energy I had.....wierd no?   Probably mother nature's way of getting the starving creature back into the hunting mode for survival (lol )

alison brundage

Not for weak minds and lazy bodys...like mine (LOL)

alison brundage

Nah.....it only hurts for awhile...then I'd wax up my surfboard and enjoy some waves.   It was ALL fun.   I think the hyper-gym mode today is a whole different thing from my experience.  Of course, you see the results they are getting.  I was very fortunate ( I've said this many times) to have some brief moments of glory for what ( for the most part) I had naturally.  It required some discipline for sure but I never sweat blood.  Today that kind of effort would probably get you nowhere.......

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Taken last week.  Night out for Bill and I ..BIG steak !
___________________________________
Mooveeguy:
Toughest thing?   I spose it was the very thought of getting up on stage all greased up in front of a room full of people on "X" date and the eating nothing but 3 cans of tuna a day .....three days on and one day off...for months.   It HAD to be absolute...no cheating.  I did it all alone with my trainer, my husband and me in our home-made backyard gym.  It was kind of a scarey adventure actually.  Like going uphill on a roller coaster to that highest peak.......you KNOW what's comming and there's no way out.  I smoked a LOT of weed back then....took off some of the edge. ( grin)



.....felt sort like this ! This pic was taken last week during a visit of my sister in law here.  She's diabetic and we were on a pretty strict diet.  ( she lost 8 lb in 3 weeks ! )....Anyway we took this pic  as a joke.   She said coming to our house for a visit was sort of "like going to a spa".   More like going to a concentration camp !....ha ha ha .  Susan loves a nice meal and we were on a spartan bodybuilding routine.   

ALISON   

afigreg

That's your sister in law that sent me that package a while back? It's nice to finally see what she looks like. Please thank her again for doing that for me.

Smoking lots of weed can't be good for a contest diet. I've smoked weed a few times in my life and I know all too well about getting the munchies. The munchies can't be a good thing when you're on any kind of diet.

Grego
Karma is like a tip. You should NEVER ask for one and you should NEVER assume you will get one. Karma should only be given if it is felt that you have done something to deserve one.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

zig563