LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Laura Boisacq

Started by Timmon, March 01, 2009, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifter132

Wow Laura great job.  Was just looking at some shots of you from the Emerald compared to Nationals and your upper body has filled out nicely in the last few months, particularly those lats - my goodness your back has widened a LOT.  I'm not sure Shawn is going to want to pose with you anymore  ;D  Check these side by sides:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sifter132

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Timmon

Laura again, amazing, totally amazing.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

More Laura, what a physique athlete. Beautiful biceps, lovely shape to them.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

heres2thefreakinweekend


Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
who is the black girl?
Tomefafa Ameko, she came second.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Laura Boisacq

Rob & Timmon thank you for your encouragement!! Sifter Shawn is competing at the Emerald Cup this April you may be surprised by how much he brought up his back!! Since I am Pro now we cannot compete together anyway, only guest pose. I am going to be doing my Pro Debut this May at the New York Pro as a physique competitor. Will be bringing the size down a touch but not much. Get bigger, get smaller, it's what we do as athletes!!! No different then the pregnancies! Get bigger, get smaller, just the end product is different but the journey is very similar. Best wishes to you all and thank you for following along and sharing the journey.
Laura Boisacq Bodybuilding & Physique IFBB Pro

sifter132

Thanks for checking in Laura - looking forward to seeing you as a pro, even if it is physique... :(  And yeah good luck for Shawn too at the Emerald, great to hear his back is improving.  You just showed him those comparison shots didn't you, and gave him some good natured ribbing about being the better BB than him haha.  That's enough to motivate any proud male :D

Timmon

Thanks Laura, and good luck to Shawn, his back is good anyway, it's just yours is so amazing! Shawn has had to blast his to keep up.

Not sure the Physique judges will be able to cope with you (no pun intended, but I alway laugh about the story that the judges were "shocked" by Lindsey Cope-Spitler's fantastic condition at the first Physique contest! So shocked, they blew their own credibility by placing her low). Try not to "shock" the judges, be gentle with them! How you achieve that, I have no idea, but I hope you place high.

Good luck, and I hope you also compete in pro FBB soon .
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

RobMash

Bad news Laura, however I hope you will have a big success on this new category even if IMO it's very conflicting category.
Sincerely I don't see a really difference between a fitness athlete and a physique athlete regardings the mass. Furthermore almost all physique athletes have almost the same physique. There are very few differences among an athlete and the others
Unfortunately Bodybuilding is not in a good period but it remains the best category and it's clearly the favourite category for the lovers of female bodybuilding, much more "technical" much more "free" of parameters than all others categories. Only in bodybuilding category you can see all real potential of an athlete.
PS. In many cases the tecnical level of a  fitness athletes is much more better  than a physique athlete. For example a fitness athlete have more definition
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

Rob, the difference is just in the flexing. You are right, the bodies are the same, but Larissa won't be showing off her hard earn't muscle! Not by flexing, anyway. I have said a few times at the risk of boring everyone, Fitness is one thing with all the jumping about etc (not my scene!), Figure in particular is a chance to flex, wasted.

Physique does give us a chance to still see FBB's who want to back off a bit, without losing them from the sport altogether. Before, we had just figure and fitness, and FBB's don't make that transition easily, so they disappear.

Physique, gives a chance for athletes in Fitness and Figure to move on to the next sage if they wish, but before Physique, the difference was massive and difficult to achieve. Likewise,Physique provides a chance for athletes to move the otherway without just stopping. I'm still hoping that Physique will work to bring new FBB's and rejuvinate the sport at the top. The top athletes are fantastic, but the days when we saw new faces af every topm FBB contest are long gone... at the moment.

I don't think there is a place for Figure any more maybe it will go eventually.

I remain optimistic about the future, and share your thoughts.

Laura, are you using Physique as a "stepping stone" to the Pro FBB contests?
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

RobMash

Please Laura reflect well before passing from this controversial category. It's a big step back on your physique condition and you can be disappointed by chosen of judges. What's the reason you want compete in this category?

QuoteI'm still hoping that Physique will work to bring new FBB's and rejuvinate the sport at the top

At this  moment it's the reverse. Physique category are removing some new athletes from bodybuilding.
Some example:
Marina Lopez, Rita Rae and on of the best new faces like Cindy Phillips and Katka Kyptova. I'm sure all those athletes will be disappointed from the results in this new category


QuoteRob, the difference is just in the flexing

yes, I'm agree. Furthermore IMO fitness and figure category are superior for regardings the condition respect to Physique category. It's sufficient compare the abs or the definition for understand it.

Physique category is an intermediate step for passing from fitness to bodybuilding? In the major parts of the cases is a step for turning back also for fitness/figure category.

In this new category the mass and definition are too much penalized

A famous example

2011 NPC Jr. USA

Amanda Harris (winner)

  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Lindsey Spitler (8th place)  :what:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
     

IMO the parameters of judgment will be very changed

A Physique category standard should be  Lindsay Mulinazzi, the right compromise among fitness and bodybuilding


  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

     

I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

lanky

wow she looks amazing in a dress

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please Laura reflect well before passing from this controversial category. It's a big step back on your physique condition and you can be disappointed by chosen of judges. What's the reason you want compete in this category?

QuoteI'm still hoping that Physique will work to bring new FBB's and rejuvinate the sport at the top

At this  moment it's the reverse. Physique category are removing some new athletes from bodybuilding.
Some example:
Marina Lopez, Rita Rae and on of the best new faces like Cindy Phillips and Katka Kyptova. I'm sure all those athletes will be disappointed from the results in this new category


QuoteRob, the difference is just in the flexing

yes, I'm agree. Furthermore IMO fitness and figure category are superior for regardings the condition respect to Physique category. It's sufficient compare the abs or the definition for understand it.

Physique category is an intermediate step for passing from fitness to bodybuilding? In the major parts of the cases is a step for turning back also for fitness/figure category.

In this new category the mass and definition are too much penalized

A famous example

2011 NPC Jr. USA

Amanda Harris (winner)

  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Lindsey Spitler (8th place)  :what:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
     

IMO the parameters of judgment will be very changed

A Physique category standard should be  Lindsay Mulinazzi, the right compromise among fitness and bodybuilding


  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

   

Hi Rob, Totally agree that there is a bleed of FBB's to physique. However, the bulk of Physique are fitness and figure moving up to Physique, and I hope some will move on again to the pinnacle of all physique athletes, FBB contests. Before Physique, the talk was of FBB disappearing altogether, this might still happen, but maybe Physique athletes will then start pushing the boundarys of muscular development... it is human nature afterall. I hope I am right.
By the way, have you noticed that  a previously thought to be hardcore muscle site, that I should not mention here,  are not even bothering to cover the FBB's in the Arnold Amateur? Shameful!

Laura, please put us out of pur misery and say Physique is a stepping stone only, and you will be in Pro FBB shows in the future.....
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Laura Boisacq

Hello Timmon & Rob,

I was going to stay off the forums for a while as I prepped for the NY Pro but you are both asking a legitimate question that I would like to answer. Why Physique and is this going to be a stepping stone to Pro FBB?

First let me answer the second question, no this is not a stepping stone to Pro FBB. After I received my pro card last November I was told that I was going to need to be about 10 to 15 pounds bigger to compete at the pro level. Like Cathy LaFrancois 140 dry. No way, no how!!!!! I had pushed my body in size last season as far as it was comfortable for me. For you fans who love the look of HUGE female freaky muscle, I am not willing to utilize the anabolics that is necessary to obtain and maintain that type of size & conditioning. That is my choice. I have to live in this body and my children and husband would like to have me around for a lifetime.

I am fortunate enough to have a strong mesomorphic body type that builds and holds muscle easily so downsizing (124lbs as I type this at 8%) was challenging but worth it. I've lost a lot of size I had from National's but I have been told by several people that I still have quite a bit of muscle for this division. What ever the case may be, physique is where I am staying. I am going to come in with the look that I like for physique, I hope my fans like it too. If the judges don't like it, well that's okay, again, I'm the one who has to live in this body and I know what I am bringing is beautiful, feminine, and manageable on and off season. My routine for the NY Pro is going to be off the hook. 2:48 seconds of pure awesomeness. I'll be sure to post it on Youtube.

You all can speculate about FBB all you want, fact of the matter is, IFBB in the US is really trying to get rid of it by not allowing many opportunities for FBB. I think the sport became too freaky and the general population want women to look like women. It's sad really, for all the women who want to continue pushing the limits of their bodies that they will not have a venue in which to show their hard work. As for me, I am happy in my body, and I am happy that it is still strong, muscular, & yes I will more then likely have veins & striations in my shoulders and chest when I'm on stage but please, that is impossible to get away from when you get this lean. I won't have striated glutes!!! LOL

Seriously, just enjoy the sport. All the women are working hard no matter what their division. It's not like splitting hairs about this new division is going to change anything.

~Laura Boisacq
Laura Boisacq Bodybuilding & Physique IFBB Pro