⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#DISCUSSION: How big is too big?

Started by zarina, July 01, 2015, 10:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarina

In a story, what would be your opinion on when the woman gets too big?

I'm going to intentionally leave this a little vague (and share my opinion a little later)


fireshower44

Anything that is beyond natural.

I prefer slow, detailed growth that happens over the course of months (sometimes over the course of weeks can be exciting, but no faster than that) and doesn't exceed.. say, 20" biceps, 6 feet in height and 30" quads. To clarify, MagnusMagneto has it all down pat.  Definitely my favorite author, ever.

fbbsmmh

For me it's about proportionality. The measurements mentioned by Masb would be a dream come true were it in real life, but in a story, would be a bare minimum. When I'm picturng stories in my head, the shortest the women would be would be about 6 foot 8 with 28 inch bis, that would be a 'small ' woman in my stories. My top level would tend to be 8 feet, max biceps would be about 40 inches. But visuals are important, I'm quite good in my own head of visualising a woman of those measures in such a way that they are proportionate and just basically look really fucking hot. But I find CG animations where a little head peaks out of a mound of veins, to be pretty gross. On the other hand regular animations can look really hot with such measurements. So basically, if it's too big for me to picture, I'm not interested, but my limits are high.

jcboyd

There is no such thing as "too big" - to me it is more about the process being realistic rather than the result.

sicktick

the bigger the better, i'm all in for more growth. Don't really care about realism. Also could take or leave height changes

NinjaStar

Muscle-wise, I'd say the limit is about the mass Tigersan's character Switch has, or maybe up to Aria if I'm feeling saucy. Anything beyond that is just no. I never got into the the whole explosive muscularity thing. I like them bigger than what's physically possible for men in the real world, but if they'd be too big to move but can anyway, I'm not into it. I like comic realism, in that something that could be plausible, or is explained in universe via Applied Phlebotinum, but isn't necessarily cut-and-dried realistic. Things that require too much suspension of disbelief disinterest me. Height-wise I've never been into giantesses, like the 50 Foot Woman, or anything, but I like tall women and like the dynamic of the guy having to stand up on his toes to kiss his girlfriend/wife/whatever or the man sitting on the woman's lap, but anything over seven feet tall is just too much and would present too many problems.

As for growth, I like stories where the growth is adequately explained and detailed. Time and speed are unimportant. I refuse to continue reading if stuff just 'happens' because skipping to the 'good stuff' is the hallmark of a lazy author and not worth reading. 
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

exo588

I prefer max 15 inch biceps and slow growths. I like it when the girl could be a real chick you could meet on the street and not a superhuman from a comic.

MaxMuscle

For me it all depends.  I'm fairly okay with any size as long as its within proportion and the girls are still feminine, with breasts, butt, and a smaller waist.  I'm okay with going upwards of 500-1000 lbs, but after that, unless its just for fun to test limits, i don't like going bigger than that.  I've tried a couple of roleplays and after a certain point, there's not much you can do with a character but bascially say, I'm super massive, strong and awesome, but i can't do much else. 


magnusmagneto

Personally my story tastes tend to cap out at ~28 inches at 6'8" or similarly proportioned.  In real life I actually tend to prefer Physique model sized girls.  Once you reach proportions with arms larger than 28 inches or so on a non-giantess, it becomes difficult to realistically imagine how that person's limbs would function and the number becomes an abstract measure of relative power instead of a plausible description.  Of course, I have personally written stories with girls possessing proportions more outrageous than that.  Mostly because 1: I know that a lot of people enjoy huge girls, so I try to cater to those tastes  and 2: I try to have some form of progress for the girl in every chapter of every story, and muscles growing are a primal indicator for that.

I'll admit that in the story Big Things Come in Small Packages I had a very difficult time actually envisioning young Jennifer, and as a result she was more of an abstract concept in my mind.  Fortunately, most readers didn't seem to have the same difficulty since that's often regarded as my most popular series.



You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure how to edit, but to clarify, MagnusMagneto has it all down pat. Definitely my favorite author, ever

Thank you very much for the shout-out!  It's always humbling to find stuff like this on various forums!
Main site is on DeviantArt, lots of content there - Look up "MagnusMagneto FMG".

You can support my work, and access awesome FMG stories, narrations, and games at the following sites
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   (main store - lowered prices, under renovation)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (smashwords store)
www.magnusmagneto.com   (website - under renovation)

bertmacklinsbrother

My size preference can definitely vary, though mostly I enjoy women that are unreasonably tall (7-8 feet), with heavy thick muscle proportionate to their height (I guess the appropriate weight would be around 350-400 lbs)

Though, sometimes my tastes can go extreme, to the point where there is absolutely no limit to the growth. 

I know some people don't enjoy aspects of muscle growth in stories that aren't realistically obtainable, but I tend to disagree; I think the fun part of writing a fantasy story is being able to achieve feats that simply aren't possible in reality.  Sure, even I have a limit; if things get too outlandish, it can certainly break the immersion.  But I think it's then up to the writer to draw the reader in and MAKE them believe it's possible.

That's why the best fantasy authors are able to absorb you into their world; they make you believe that the impossible is attainable, and you end up suspending your belief.

LordDaroth

If they can't touch their head, or can't touch their hands together in front of them they're too big ^^

weaponzero

In my personal opinion there comes a point where, when the height or level of muscle mass reaches a level that is no longer realistic, I cannot visualize it in my head without it looking like a cartoon straight out of an episode Looney Tunes.  At that point it's just plain boring, simply because I can no longer visualize it properly.

zarina

My two cents here...

My personal preference is in the amazon/mini-giantess range, maybe 7 to 12 feet in height, and anywhere from lightly muscled to heavyweight bodybuilder (male, or just a little beyond, but still retaining some femininity). 

So when do things get too big? 

For me, when the frame of reference starts to break down.  At the extreme, if the ultra-giant woman's body part description could equally describe a big blimp, it starts to lose me.  Equally, when the description begins to get reduced to a string of bigger and bigger numbers, I feel like the growth has slipped through the author's grasp (i.e. biceps are 33 inches, then 39 inches, then 47 inches etc etc).  I've seen descriptions in the larger range that really seem effective, so to me it is reliant on the author's ability to paint a vivid picture. 

klaus74de

I prefer women who are a bit bigger then the pro-bbs in real life. Normal height, weight about 200-250 lbs, biceps about 20-24 inch.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lizarking

I like slightly above reality. like if Kim Perez could put on 30 more lbs of muscle I like that. when stories become ridiculous where the girl is bending steel and throwing cars I turn off.