Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

All-Time Favorite FBB from the U.K.

Started by big diesel, August 05, 2011, 08:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big diesel

These are just a few.  Mention who ever you like.

















john540

Paula Bircumshaw!
Although Joanna Thomas in her early year (before year 2000) was an excellent bb.

krajo

Definitely Paula Bircumshaw.

She pushed the limits for her time. Sadly there was no news about her after she had the incident with the judges.
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.".
Let's exchange.

lolu

what incident did paula have with the judges?

lawlink2

Paula Bircumshaw for me as well who got me just how hot fbbs are. The incident is covered in this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I cannot imagine how being big and ripped affected her femininity.

UK_Fan

For me, definitely Andrulla, second place the Paula B, third to Joanna Thomas.  IMHO, Andrulla was the only one from these shores to really fulfil her potential, but also was very amenable to fans around the world, which made her a favourite.  Besides her magnificent physique, I've always admired her straight-forward and honest attitude and fun-loving and cheeky personality.  A real shame I've never got to meet/chat with her - I bet it would be a great experience.

A small correction - it's Joanne McCartney, not Joanna.  To be honest, I wasn't aware she was from the UK (originally at least) - she was competing some time ago, so maybe I just forgot!  One little known fact is that top pro Sharon Marvel was originally from the UK, moving to the US many years ago - I doubt if we could count her as a Brit (her BBing career was entirely in the US).

Ozzyfm

Good question... I chose Andrulla, but Joanna was close!

ovca2000

Queen Andrulla  ;D but where's Lisa Cross??

strider99

Hands down Andrulla. What a pair of lats, geeeeez.

UK_Fan

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hands down Andrulla. What a pair of lats, geeeeez.

I think she's got the best lat spread ever - period!  To this day I'm still staggered by how tiny her waist is and how (relatively) wide her chest/shoulders are.  Several great scenes from her WPW videos/DVDs (V391 has so many of her greatest poses - I especially liked her in the black mini dress at the end - now that's a HOT outfit!) - also she looks just as good on and off-season, which very few women bodybuilders can do.  Definitely a deserved top spot for her.

fredzeppelin

Andrulla also had a pretty aggressive, daring personality. Couple that with
those huge muscles and you've got quite a package!

gtaluv

Yeah what happened to Lisa Cross and Gayle Moyer?  They both might have stolen some votes.

UK_Fan

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah what happened to Lisa Cross and Gayle Moyer?  They both might have stolen some votes.

Gayle would've been a close call for third place for me - whilst she hasn't won any big contests as a pro as far as I know, she's always placed well over a number of years.

I like Lisa, but she is still relatively new to the pro side to get my vote.  Maybe when she's had a few good pro finishes under her belt could she considered for a vote.

SGREGOR

How can you forget KIMBERLEY-ANNE JONES? So she did'nt do much internationally, You have got to give props where it's due.  My vote is for JOANNE McCARTNEY, Never knew she was a brit.  You know there are a hell of a lot more, Some have already mentioned a few.  Did you know that DESIREE ELLIS was born in england? Good idea, So let's get out the old muscle magazines and see who else we can come up with. ;D

Timmon

For me, it has to be Carolyn Cheshire. She was the first, and bump started interest in female bodybuilding in the UK. Her first international outing to the Ms O was documented in a TV programme called    "Muscle Madness" and caused a stir throughout the country. To my knowledge, the only other British FBB to have a full TV programme made about her is Joanna Thomas, some 25 years later with "Super Sized She".  Caroline is the greatest in the UK to me, as she was the first.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS