⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#DISCUSSION: What are your preferred ways of fictional growth?

Started by gwhh19, December 16, 2015, 01:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The First One

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Final Sizes: 7 and a half feet is usually my stopping point, but lately 8 ft or more (especially when written by The First One) have been very good.

Thanks, Zoroark.  I'm flattered.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are very welcome. I look forward to more on your drained story.


MaxMuscle

It really depends on what kind of story I want to write.  I mainly do artwork and not much story writing.  Most of the time I prefer to use a 'muscle pump' to get to huge sizes really quickly and have fun with the new size for the character that's pumped up.  For more fantasy based stories I prefer magic like a magic formula or potion.

I also prefer to go for bulk rather than height, though i might throw a bit into it. 

tapion

Time frame.  I love slow muscle growth in a "realistic" way.  With hard workout and pain.

powerranger9643

A good pump is hard to beat, yeah.

I like it when they workout too, but I do believe in "too slow. " but that's just me.

MegaMassiveMuscle

I'm a big fan of growth through relatively possible means...that are exaggerated. Like excessive steroid abuse and obsessive lifting of weights to gain a size that blows comprehension. Like Mr. Shhh

bertmacklinsbrother

My preferences tend to vary, depending on my mood or any recent ideas I've gotten from content, pictures, or other stories.  I'd consider my answers below to be my most common tastes, but by no means does it mean I hate other methods.  I think almost any scenario can be great if its written well enough!

Method: I prefer the classic steroids and heavy lifting rather than magic.  Muscle drain is also enticing to me, but it's easy to make the premise less compelling if the POV's aren't interesting.

Time Frame: I'm always a fan of slow growth.  I like the changes to be felt and witnessed by the person its happening to and those around her (friends, husband, boyfriend, co-workers etc).  I also enjoy writing long-form stories, with a lot of character interaction and development, and slow growth lends itself well to that kind of story-telling.

Dynamics:  I typically like my stories to be centered around love.  Husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend, son/mother.  I'm not too into gore, but some violence can be okay as a display of power.  But for the most part, I prefer the relationships to be centered on love, with the muscle growth creating a conflict for both parties to deal with.

Final Sizes: Not too picky.  I love height growth, so as long as the woman ends up taller, bigger, and stronger than her partner, it works for me.  I don't really have an "upper limit" either.


zarina

Fun topic, thanks for posting!

Time Frame: I'm in agreement about a longer sequence, spaced out over weeks or months.  Consider in the range of a woman being able to gain in a day the muscle that a pro male athlete might gain from a week of training. 

Method:  I stay a bit split between magic and science, although prefer a more real world/modern day (1950s to near future 2050s) setting over a fantasy (sword and sorcery) one.  I am especially fond of poorly phrased wishes, or wishes that are intentionally twisted, resulting in unintentional growth.  So a magic ring, a mischievous genie or "deal with the devil" can be a fun set up.  Pills or drugs work well too (and could be either science or magic)...especially if it has an opposite effect when the male takes it!  Also growth through ingestion of *ahem* "body fluids" can be a lot of fun. 

Dynamics:  Mostly husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend.  I tend to like there to be a deeper romantic connection that prevents either person from simply walking away from an uncomfortable situation.  But that said, I also like seeing a scenario where a guy who's a bit of a jerk/chauvinist get some payback (like a gym bro who's always bossing women around in the gym and prefers his wife not get "too big").  A story that turns the tables on him, and makes him on the receiving end for a change.  Muscle drain can be fun, but I think there's something to be said for the positions to be reversed with a guy retaining a big strong physique - suddenly knowing the muscles he's so proud of are weak in comparison to where his wife is now. 

Final Sizes:  Height growth is great, but not too far from a swapped roles perspective - a woman maybe 2 feet taller than the male character seems ideal.  Muscle also kept in proportion to the size - something comparable to the largest bodybuilders (male or female), with the boobs and curves to keep it feminine, and proportionate to the height.  Strength level also might be 150% roughly what an olympic lifter would be capable of, but not too superhuman (I think in most stories it's not necessary, and too big a strength gap can quickly push things into the "why bother competing" range).  Upper limit might be about twice the size of the male in the story. 

powerranger9643

Thanks for liking it!

I agree that the women can't be allowed to get too strong without breaking the albeit fragile framework of reason. I read a lot of stories from Steve the Z, and my still all time favorite is "Pillz a Poppin'" because Gina only reaches six and a half feet tall and 250lbs at the end of it. She can bench over 400lbs, but it isn't too much of a stretch considering how big she is.

That said, I love the requests I've sent him that he's published called "Gym Mom," "A Growing Family," and the "Woman +" series. I go by a different username on Deviantart, powerranger9643.

steve44


danteconte

Slow but extremely growth, extreme obsessive training, height 5,0" - 5,5" and mature age !

powerranger9643

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Slow but extremely growth, extreme obsessive training, height 5,0" - 5,5" and mature age !

That sounds a lot like the "Big Things Come in Small Packages" series MagnusMagneto had going for a while. Minus the mature age of course, considering the girl was like 12?

bertmacklinsbrother

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree that the women can't be allowed to get too strong without breaking the albeit fragile framework of reason. I read a lot of stories from Steve the Z, and my still all time favorite is "Pillz a Poppin'" because Gina only reaches six and a half feet tall and 250lbs at the end of it. She can bench over 400lbs, but it isn't too much of a stretch considering how big she is.

I also am much more on board with "realistic" strength than the supernaturally strong women in some stories.  At some point, when the mind can't even comprehend the number, it starts to lose its meaning.  Like telling us that the muscle woman benched 100,000 lbs.  Umm... okay, I have no way to actually quantify that in my head, so it doesn't really have any consequence.  Soon, there's no real difference between her lifting 100,000 lbs and 1,000,000,000 lbs, because they're equally arbitrary numbers.  Just telling the reader that the number is higher doesn't make it hotter.

I think if super strength is incorporated into a story, it needs to be tastefully done through demonstrations.  Them being able to lift a couch by themselves, them being able to lift a car, being able to lift a plane, being able to break through a concrete wall, etc.  Those examples are tangible so it's a lot more enjoyable to read them.

But maybe I'm just being nitpicky haha.

steve44

This has nothing to do with this topic, but I always laugh when Superman or Supergirl or Superwhoever picks up a plane or a frozen lake or an apartment complex by the wingtip or edge or right in the middle for that matter, and a piece just doesn't break off in their hands or crumble all around them, but lifts up as if the entire structure can be supported by a portion of it less than a yard or less on a side.

powerranger9643

That was probably my favorite part of cartoons when I was a kid. They'd just pick it up by a single brick and the structure doesn't crumble. We need to hire cartoon construction crews. They knew what they were doing.

mizao

What I have always found the most compelling is a good blend of realistic growth strategies combined with fantasy elements such as height and breast growth. So there will be descriptions in the story of the woman's workout, diet, and ethos for getting bigger, which for me makes her a more attractive character.  But at the same time she'll experience an inexplicable boost in breasts and ass that wouldn't happen in the real world, possibly due to some quirk of her genetics or simply left unexplained.

What I no longer enjoy are stories that involve growth pills, doctors, experiments etc.  When these are well done they can be good, but as a setting it's very overdone in the GTS/MGTS genre.