⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Denise Rutkowski

Started by ytsejam, February 09, 2007, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRF

Did a quick search on Facebook and got some decent pics- some of which might have already been posted here- from people like Bill Dobbins and Lenda Murray's official fan page... thought might post them here.  :cool2:


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


DRF

Judging by her attire, this was taken right after the 1992 extravaganza strength show..


DRF

From what seem like legitimate authority websites, she seems to have been 'brought back in' on August 2015 which was a shame because just from following her indictment history, insofar as the internet would provide and the limitations this would entail, I would have thought that she was going through an exceptionally rough patch during 2012-13 and that she has rebounded from that experience since then. Some more photos that are testament to what this woman brought to the sport and ironically, deprived it of. Of course, all attempts at contacting her were futile but that is to be expected tbh at 58 years and having been engulfed in one maelstrom followed by another seemingly since the mid 1990s.

On another note, I scoured the internet and found consistent and affirmative sources that seem to indicate Denise's professional relationship with the Steroid Guru: Dan Duchaine and how he supplied/prescribed her with a drug called Anadrol...following her career I would say that this fell somewhere between 1992 and 1993 judging by the amount of muscle mass she packed in that period, it was simply abnormal!

Some tidbits I was able to collate about Denise:

It is a former texan male bodybuilder by the name of rick adams who got Denise Rutkowski into professional bodybuilding when he saw her potential, this is something Denise stated herself during a backstage interview with Carla Dunlap at the 1993 Miss Olympia. ultimately, Rick adams served as Denise's choreographer up until her last performance which was the 1993 Miss Olympia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior to the 1993 Jan Tana, Denise had endured a rough preparation period which saw her, months before the contest, fall of a bike which led her to break her wrist and wear a cast, significantly hampering her training capabilities. Second incident was at a highway rest stop, Denise was attacked and punched and she claims it was unprovoked. Finally and worst of all, with all the photo shootings and running, Denise claimed that her resistance fell and she ended up getting a flu which prevented her from moving for a week before the contest. All information here has been sourced from the WPW magazine issue pf January 1994.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denise Rutkowski's California address: 1617 Lincoln Boulevard. No 247, Venice, California 90291
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denise Rutkowski was raised on a farm during her upbringing in Pennsylvania

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denise's Arm Routine:

Biceps:
Straight Bar Curls- 4x8-10 reps
Hammer Curls- 4x8-10 reps
Concentration Curls- 4x8-10 reps
Triceps:
Tricep pushdowns- 4x8-10 reps
Lying Tricep extension with an EZ Bar- 4x8-10 reps
Standing overhead two-arm Dumbbell extension- 4x8-10 reps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denise's pre-contest diet:
Meals   PRE-CONTEST FOOD
Meal 1   10 EGG WHITES + 3 SERVINGS OF CREAM OF RICE
Meal 2   ONE CAN OF TUNA + 1/2 CUPS OF RICE
Meal 3   ONE CANE OF TUNA + 1/2 CUPS OF RICE
Meal 4   1/2 POUND OF SWORDFISH + 1/2 CUPS OF RICE
Meal 5   1/2 POUND OF SWORDFISH + 2 CUPS OF RICE
Meal 6   10 MORE EGG WHITES!

Uncrowned Champion




DRF





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some more tidbits on Denise...her TV appearances although including both long interviews such as the one hosted by the Goodnight America and also short stint roles such as the one in the 'Blinded by the cheese' series, also included a gym trainer role in the 1993 film Amore! but the extent of her involvement, even if it is bound to be peripheral, is still not clear as I have yet to see the film (which I hope someone could help me in grabbing a hold of through either a streaming link or even a purchasing website- couldn't find it on amazon!).


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FACT: One week prior to the 1993 Ms. Olympia, Denise was left traumatised after learning that one of her closest friends was left dead in a shootout where he tried to cover his aunt and cousin from gunfire- WPW Magazine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not fully verified but under large online consensus: Denise used a drug called Anadrol (25mg/day) prescribed by Steroids Guru the late Dan Duchaine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denise Rutkowski was planning to compete in the 1994 Ms Olympia up to 8 weeks from the commencement of the event based on what she said during her GoodNight America show appearance.







And Finally, how did she not deserve to win that 1993 Ms olympia we will never fully understand...no one can discredit Denise's merits in presenting the total package but come on, look at those arms- I think corresponding to her frame, those were the biggest arms presented on an olympia stage...anyway, this is not without precedent, we could always ask Sandy Riddell for what she thought about the 1989 Ms O outcome! ;)

DRF



From the 1993 Jan Tana and I presume that I wont have to point out where the champion of that contest is... :clap:



its good to see that the best, most popular and open FBB website is running such a poll. Although the candidates list could be slightly refined- which might fly against what many think-, personally I would rank Denise as at least top three..bearing in mind these credentials:

-Her total package; back, arms, legs, abs, traps, her only weakness, if I were to point one, was her chest.
-Looks, again I am judging based on what she delivered to the sport between 1985 and 1994 before she left, and no one can deny that she had a gorgeous face.
-Sensualness, honed and perfected during her time as a exotic dancer to be more politically correct, but that made her routines all the more HOT and you could conclude that judging by the reaction she elicited from crowds in most of her contests!
-A winner: I think her contest accolades to participation ratio has to be one of the best in the sport.
-Oratorical skills and feminine voice, although the latter petered out as 1994 approached (judging by one her live interviews, yes it was roided a bit)
-Flexibility and openness, although not one of her strong points, she did manage to get involved in wrestling, strength contests and even movies.
-Media recognition, magazine coverage, news segments..
-Philanthropy and even though she didnt have much to give, she did manage to give up some of her time.

All in all, its a shame that just because a couple of wacky pictures surfaced a couple of decades later invalidated all her previous contributions.

Dont forget to vote  :cool2:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DRF

Just a recent find of a FBBing 90s news segment which showed shots of Denise posing in her 1991 contest...
I apologise for the quality..

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some good news, Denise participated in the 1988 Strength Extravaganza as well and the video is available on Muscleville, will hopefully purchase it by saturday and make this thread even richer...

I am also preparing a sort of homemade documentary on Denise will release it within 10-11days possibly so I just want you to know that if there is anything you might want to add from your personal experiences with her possibly or certain legends (which will have to be double-checked) or anything really...just post it here, sort of a team -saradas- effort :cool2:

DRF

As promised,


Denise's performance at the 1988 Extravaganza strength, not much by way of an achievement but she did walk away with $325  :laugh:

Although, all sarcasm aside, she busted her ass in this show as you will be able to see by the way she walked off after every challenge

Denise was seriously disappointing in the bench press challenge tbh but maybe thats she didn't flaunt much about her chest development or lack thereof.   

Please bear in mind that the order might be inaccurate because I had to cut through a 4 hour video to include parts where denise was involved or appeared in



You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very short and low quality video of Denise Rutkowski on The Montel Williams Show
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login



Another great find...she was apparently off-season but still HUGE nonetheless. Will try to find the full episode...

DRF

Download link for the quoted post above You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A scan someone posted on Facebook, not the best quality but still readable

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Glad you guys enjoyed. I found the opening clip of that rare Montel Williams show.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Another glimpse at Denise  :clap:

DRF

Here is a 1993 olympia overview by Ron Cecchini (who has been present during the actual event): Might add a bit more context to what transpired
QuoteHere's Ron Cecchini's report on the Ms. O:
From:   IAMOK::US1RMC::"ro...@arnold.ndhm.gtegsc.com" "Ron Cecchini"
Saturday.  November 27th, 1993.  Beacon Theater.  NYC, New York.

No air conditioning.  No water.  Claustrophobia setting in.
I was thirsty.  I was starving.  My $100 bought me a seat 4 rows in from the
*rear* of the theater.  The whole night show didn't last much more than an
hour.  I forgot my stupid binoculars.  My telephoto lens wasn't telephoto
enough.  The sweat was pouring off my body.

But somehow I persevered...
Well, she did it again.

Amidst some minor controversy, Lenda Murray became Ms. Olympia once again
for the 4th year in a row.  It wasn't really "controversy", per se, but it
was the opinion of myself and everyone else that I talked to that she should
not have won it again this year.

I know you're all dying to see the top ten list, so I'll give it to you
now before continuing on:
1. Lenda Murray
2. Denise Rutkowski
3. Laura Creavalle
4. Debbie Muggli
5. Kim Chivesky
6. Sandy Riddell
7. Shelley Beattie
8. Sharon Marvel
9. Audrey Harris
10. Sharon Bruneau

I also attended the prejudging, but I missed the first round.  Listed
in the program, but not seen at all by me, were Sue Gafner, Tonya Knight
and Claudia Montemaggi.  I wonder what happened to Tonya, since this
was supposed to be her big comeback.

Out of the placing were Paula Bircumshaw, Diana Dennis, Nikki Fuller,
Yolanda Hughes and Nancy Lewis.  There were also some European competitors
who's names did not appear in the program and who's names I can not remember.

.....

My first pick to win the show was Denise.  To me, she didn't look as good
as she did for the USAs, but my bud Will (who's ab article is in this
month's MMI), who had better prejudging seats than me, said that she
looked right on.
Lenda, I thought, looked the same.  She still has no calves.  She has lots
of mass, but she was far from being the most shredded woman in the contest.
She had a pretty cool posing routine, but, then again, I've never seen
any of these women pose - so I have nothing to compare it to.

Laura was a surprise to me.  She has been my perennial favorite, up to now.
First of all, be prepared to read about her hair.  People - it was horrible.
They made her stop wearing her wigs last year, and, quite frankly, I thought
her real hair was pretty nice.  But for this show, she literally chopped it
almost all off and was sporting one of those Madonna-wanting-to-be-a-20's-flap
per
type hair-dos; i.e. what was left of her hair was plastered to her scalp, and
she had a little curl or two dangling on her forehead.  Uck...
She's also a, um, weird poser.  I don't know how to describe it.  I guess she
was trying to be dramatic or something, but she kept hunching her head forward
(like her neck hurt) before hitting any poses.  She reminded me of Ferrigno in
Pumping Iron trying to do a dramatic front double-bis.

Some random comments:

One of the biggest surprises was Chivesky's relatively low placing.
She was the Flex Wheeler of the woman's circuit for a while, and people
were expecting her to wipe up this year, until Denise came along, but still.
I thought she looked really good.  From where I was, I couldn't see what
knocked her down to fifth.

I also couldn't see what sent my favorite sub-5-foot bodybuilder Sharon Marvel
down to 8th.  She looked ripped, but I think it is still because her legs
still overpower her upper body.  She had the biggest legs in the show (and she
really has to be under 5 foot).   I thought she gave the best performance
during the compulsory round where she milked, and I mean *milked*, every pose
for all that it was worth.  I wish I had a cam corder...  She was really
the only competitor who got the crowd going nuts during a *compulsory* round.
She was also doing her "quad flapping" thing during the compulsories and
during the night show.  [The only person who challenged her on it was Lenda,
who's got a pretty nice "quad flap" herself.]

I did get a picture with her after the show and told her that I thought
she was wonderful ("and, BTW, will you marry me?").  Gag - I'm so pathetic,

Shelly Beattie, who claimed to be all natural last year (yeah right...) was
definitely pretty natural looking this year.  She was much smaller and much
smoother than in last year's show.  Her posing was very energetic, and she thr
ew
in a bunch of that "fitness contest" type stuff - you know, the bouncing aroun
d
with the hands flailing kind of thing.

Paula Bircumshaw was dramatically down in size.  I was very shocked that she
was not in the kind of condition to place this year.

Debbie Muggli was looking kind of smooth, but still looked really good.
I don't know if I would've put her in 4th.

Sandy Riddell should've been lower - still no legs.

Audrey Harris should've been much higher.  I thought she was big and ripped.

Bruneau looked the same.  She was in shape, but she's still small.  The
crowd loves her though, (must be the fire engine red lipstick), just like
they love Shelley Beattie.

I was totally surprised, and a little upset, that Diana Dennis didn't place.
I didn't think that she should've won, but I thought she was really in shape.
She was as ripped looking as she was a few months back in a profile piece
Flex mag did on her.  And I got to see her up really close afterwards and
she *was* shredded.

.....

Etcetera:

Besides Sharon Marvel, I also got pix with Mike Ashely and my fav Flex Wheeler
.

I said hi to John Parillo after the show, and he just smiled without saying
anything (I think my goatee made him nervous...).

Fitness competitor Debbie Dobbins (who was looking very fitness like) was
there hawking some line of clothes.  Shawn Ray was next to her to signing
autographs (nope, for some reason, didn't get one this time...)

Ben Weider bumped into me and said "excuse me".  Oooh, ahhh.  I should've hit
him.

Actor/Dancer Gregory Hines was walking around and presented one of the
awards.

Between the prejudging and night show, I ate at an Italian restaurant called
"Ernies" one block down from the theater with my friends.  No one was there
when we got there, but one-by-one they started filing in.  Flex Wheeler and
Chris Cormier (looking "uuuuuuuuuuge!") came in. Ron Love was there.  Jim
Manion and the whole NPC crew came in.  And, yes, Dorian Yates was there, look
ing
as large as a house, sitting at the head of a long table chowing down.

I was going to run to the bathroom when I saw Flex go, but I didn't think
he'd want to shake my hand or pose for pictures at that exact moment in time..
Anyway, now I know to bring my binoculars and to forget about the expensive
seats.  You also get to see much more of the competitors at the prejudging.

Ron

The Arnold Classic/Ms. International is scheduled for March 4-5.  That
contest, of course, is in Columbus, Ohio.  The Night Of Champions, which
takes places every year in NY, is scheduled for May 20th.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
I was also at the show and agree with Ron's comments.  I had Denise
in first.  My boyfriend and 6 friends of mine had Laura Creavalle
for first.  It's a totally subjective AND political sport. 

I saw Mike Matarazzo and he looked a bit on the "small" side to me...
I guess he is OFF too?

There were a couple of competitors that probably couldn't even
win the nationals now or even an ANBC show!  I really think that
the competitors should not be allowed to compete if they are below
"current standard/quality"...it was similar (but not as bad) to Jocelyn
Pelletier competing in the 1993 NOC...as smooth as a baby's butt...
and wearing his watch! 

I went to Planet Hollywood and had the tiniest piece of grilled swordfish.
Thank God they gave away free protein bars ....I ended up eating them in
line to get into Planet Hollywoon (1 hour).

Motz/


   

And for those who are knowledgeable of the ranking scheme used in the Ms. Olympia, these are the 1993 tabulations hopfully someone can enlighten us or at least (especially on where Denise lost points in relation to lenda)  :cool2:



Actual image where the data was taken from

asapferg

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Download link for the quoted post above You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A scan someone posted on Facebook, not the best quality but still readable


Denise was so sexy in that golden posing suit. If it wasn't for whatever demons haunting she could been the next Ms.O.

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Denise was so sexy in that golden posing suit. If it wasn't for whatever demons haunting she could been the next Ms.O.

Its a shame really, she was meant to compete in the 1994 Ms O after having herself confirmed it twice - once after the 93 Ms O in a backstage interview with Carla Dunlap and most surprisingly 8 weeks before the actual 94 Ms O when she was hosted at the Goodnight America show. Anyway the physique she presented to the world is a statue in itself which no Ms Olympia title can take anything away from. SHE SIMPLY IS THE BEST!

DRF

Denise's right leg tattoo, mostly looks like a butterfly but I could be wrong...not sure what it was meant to stand for, she didn't bring that up in any of her interviews my guess is she got it in 1992 a year or two after getting implants,   

DRF

A short glimpse at another short appearance for Denise Rutkowski, hopefully someone can come up with these episodes in full with better quality,




You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login