Live chat with female bodybuilders and women with muscle
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
582826 Posts in 74606 Topics by 30331 Members - Latest Member: orichihon June 16, 2024, 07:04:32 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  2014 Olympia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2014 Olympia  (Read 100981 times)

Offline kevin1

• Activity:
    0%
Re: 2014 Olympia
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 08:29:44 am »
I was surprised by that result, but that was rigged. Thought they would rig it with Alina to win, but had to give it to Iris. Alana looked amazing

Its set up for Alina to win this year, you will see, its all politics

its all fixed, Alina will win it this year, but Simone de oliveira is in better shape.

precisely the_arbitrage, the result has been determined. If Iris wins, fbb has no future. She was off last year and was lucky to have won, Alina will win this year.

I was surprised by that result, but that was rigged. Thought they would rig it with Alina to win, but had to give it to Iris. Alana looked amazing

:wow: Rarely do we get to see the rantings of a Conspiracy Theorist at work. Very interesting.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline deleuze3

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
if iris win, fbb no future ?

All the contrary. It was determined maybe, but an athlete who won 10 times is good for the sports.
Saying fbb is going off again. I think it will continue at the olympia, and its a question of changing the director of the arnold to have fbb again. Its all about the director, its contingeant.

Alina could win next year, but there will be other competitors too, its soon to tell who will win next year.

Offline deleuze3

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 09:00:17 am »
Alina deserved 2nd place, its still so good.
Alina had the better lower body. Iris had the better upper body. it's close it could have gone either way.

Willy Fog

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2014, 11:40:28 am »
Finally the Iris Kyle dictatorship is over. She was a great champion but I am happy that she retired. Now it's time for the Alina Popa reign, unless the IFBB decides to remove female bodybuilding from the Olympia.

Offline papadoc1981

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »
Boo. Totally undeserved.
Is it truly undeserved?  Or did you just wanna see Alina dethrone her?

Offline jubus

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2014, 01:38:37 pm »
Iris Kyle is the empress of FBB, that's for sure. I've never been a fan of her, because she very rarely posed and took with photo/videos sessions. However, her physique is astonishing. There is big competition now, I would be no surprised that someone else, than Alina Popa or Debi Laszewski become new queen. Anne Freitas also looks astonishing but Alana Shipp is a new discovery.

Offline stratos

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »
I think Iris deserves all the awards and titles she received throughout the years.  Now I only seen two pics of her on the stage last night with Alina, and to each their own on who they think won, I never had the most discerning eye in these competitions- they all look beautiful and I want to bone them all.  But I do know Iris is always in the gym (male bodybuilders who train with her say she is in there longer than them), she is rarely on social media except giving an interview after she wins a competition.  I think she puts the time in like no other, don't get me wrong the sport will be better if the others could win some competitions against her but they will have to have the better package.

vanhimst

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2014, 03:26:47 pm »
Boo. Totally undeserved.

All the Iris-haters can get their way next year. She announced her retirement from the sport last night. An Iris victory was never underserved, IMHO...

Willy Fog

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »
I think the future belongs to Alina Popa, Alana Shipp and Margie Martin. Alana Shipp needs to grow and build some more muscle. Margie Martin needs better conditioning and she will become the new Iris Kyle. Right now Alina has the best package. I hope she will do more photo and video shootings. Seems like the Olympia pros hide from the photographers. I've rarely seen a picture from this years top three.

Unicron

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2014, 07:48:59 pm »
Ditto! Although Alina looked extraordinary, she only appeared to have an edge over Iris in quad development.  Her quad sweeps were unmatched by a long shot. History has proven that huge, thickly developed sweeping quads can dominate a bodybuilding show. However, Iris had better calves, and a better upper body overall, but Alina wasn’t too far off.

For Iris and Adela to compete next year, would be a daunting task. It's either retire now or be dethroned. Oksana is on top of her game and was focused on beating Adela. Alina is on top of her game and her only opposition is or was Iris. Iris literally handed her the throne by way of retirement, so prepare for Alina's reign.

What Iris has brought to the sport, aiding in its longevity, and winning 7 Ms. International titles along with 10 Ms. Olympia’s, is a remarkable feat. Nonetheless, what Alina could possibly bring to the stage next year and the years to come is unfathomable. She had absolutely no other competition but Iris. And for this, I simply don’t think Iris has enough in her tank to keep up with the machine that Alina is. Alina is on a mission and she is destined to be Ms. Olympia. With a physique that nearly parallels (and can actually surpass) Iris’s and has the facial beauty that she has, how could she not be the reigning Ms. Olympia in the years to come?

I remember just seeing Alina enter the sport of bodybuilding just a few years ago and to see her overshadow an icon like Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia in every aspect on stage is mind blowing. The size difference and muscularity between the two is overwhelming. Alina knows exactly what she brought to the stage and she made it apparent in the pose-down. Not to mention, she exuded with a sense of confidence as she ignored all the girls on stage and challenged Iris throughout. She even made a reference to Iris, pointing at Iris’s legs, and challenging her to a comparison in leg development. Alina knew her legs were superior to Iris’s and wanted the audience and judges to bear witness to it.

As soon as Iris walked away and decided to pose next Alana Shipp on the opposite end, Alina chased her down and continued her challenge. Acknowledging Alina's size and conditioning, Iris showed her notable respect as she grabbed and passed her hand over Alina's quads and made a facial gesture, expressing her reverence.

That being said, props to Iris Kyle. I’m proud of her accomplishments.

Offline stratos

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 08:15:22 pm »
With all due respect Unicron, I think saying Iris would have eventually be dethroned in the coming years by Alina or whoever else is a huge overstatement.  Iris is only 4 or 5 years older than Alina, it's not like Iris couldn't get better either. 

Unicron

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:38 am »
With all due respect Unicron, I think saying Iris would have eventually be dethroned in the coming years by Alina or whoever else is a huge overstatement.  Iris is only 4 or 5 years older than Alina, it's not like Iris couldn't get better either.

You're absolutely right, Iris could get better, but Alina may not give her the opportunity to do so. Alina trains to beat Iris and has established herself both last year and this year to be a contender to Iris’s reign. Any improvement Iris makes, Alina will try to and possibly best her. In my opinion, I just don't think Iris has it both mentally, first, and physically, second, to endure much longer.

She has dominated the pro ranks for well over a decade and the wear and tear takes its toll on the mind and body. I really don’t believe Iris wants to live the remainder of her life as a bodybuilding monk. I say monk, because of the commitment and what it entails to be on her level for so many years. Her longevity is a remarkable feat in itself. Iris Kyle has long since been a legend.

Also, she has gone through a lot since her mother’s recent passing. Moreover, she has made bodybuilding history. No male has won as many professional titles as she has. So she really has nothing left to prove. 4-5 years makes a big difference and Iris has to work a bit harder and continue to abuse substances to keep it going. Whereas, Alina is up and coming in the pro ranks and is hungry. She sees or better yet, saw Iris as her only competition.

Perhaps, I may never see another woman dominate the IFBB in my lifetime like Iris has and I have been following women’s bodybuilding since 1992, but was introduced to it in the 80’s. Alina is essentially what Bev Francis was to Cory Everson and Laura Creavalle, Denise Rutkowsky, and Kim Chizevsky were to Lenda Murray. Many believed Denise beat Lenda in 1993, but was cheated the title of Ms. Olympia. Denise retired the year after. Many would argue that Laura blew Lenda out the box in 1994, but again, was never awarded the title. Unlike Denise, Laura remained tenacious in her efforts. She was by far Lenda’s biggest rival. Kim was determined to beat Lenda and did just that. In fact, Lenda retired after losing to Kim consecutively in 1996 and 1997. Lenda’s dominance was largely predicated on how well her legs were developed. Kim surpassed her and continued from there on.   

One thing I’ve learned about bodybuilding is that legs can alter the tide in competitions. Every Ms. Olympia title holder has dominated the pro ranks with sweeping quads and great leg development and Alina has outdone Iris in the legs department. If Iris decided to continue competing, she would bring it to Alina no question, but with what Alina brought to the stage this year, the 2015 Ms. Olympia would be judged either subjectively or purely on minor flaws between the two women. The 2014 Ms. Olympia was an Iris Kyle and Alina Popa competition. While the other women looked great, there was hardly any competition in such a small lineup against the two.

Offline ShadowBat

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2014, 02:53:12 am »
So the question really is: was this year a bigger travesty or was it last year? I can grudgingly accept last year's decision,
because maybe Alina spectacular condition took the judges by surprise. But there was no excuse this year.

Its Lenda Murray vs Laura Crevalle all over again.

I dunno if I agree.  I think Alina came prepared, but Iris came prepared as well.  Last year I would have had Alina edging out Iris, but this year, I think Iris just straight up won it.  Last year I think there was some reticence to give it to Alina cause she didn't really establish the kind of superiority that you generally need to dethrone a reigning champ.  She was better, for sure, but not so much better that it was impossible to deny.  This year, I think Iris was just plain better and it pains me to say that because I'm not an Iris fan and I'm a raving Alina fan.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2014, 07:01:44 am »
Boo. Totally undeserved.

All the Iris-haters can get their way next year. She announced her retirement from the sport last night. An Iris victory was never underserved, IMHO...
It is a pity that Iris is retiring, as love her or hate her, she is a great FBB, and unlike so many before her, she won on muscle rather than marketable fascial beauty. You may argue that that in itself has not helped the Ms O, as historically, the argument has been that fascial beauty was preferred to make the sport more acceptable to the public, but no one can deny that Iris won on muscle, and was fine fascially, but others could have been awarded the prize if the decider was fascial about perfection.
It's a pity that, like Cory, Kim etc, we are denied a true defeat through retirement, leaving Iris as undefeated. Great for her, but would have been amazing to see someone actually dethrone her.
Now any future winners, it will just feel like " Ok, well, who wants a go at the top, now then?" rather than proving they are the best.

The comparison photo#s show, Iris was the best up there, love the fact or hate it, Alina was outmuscled.

Happy returement Iris!

Offline jubus

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2014, 07:52:13 am »
Alina Popa conditioning was a joke. Compare her lower body, legs, especially quads, they were far worse than these of Debi Laszewski or Anne Freitas. Debi should have taken the 2nd position, that's for sure and she is the best white FBB, nowadays. A.Popa is taller, more handsome (in terms of presentation)for many, but I prefer Debi's physique which is complete, the same as Anne's.
I've never been a fan of black FBB's (not because of racism but because they are in privilileged situation in comparison to whites or Asians), but Iris is the best FBB of all time, absolute empress. There is a lot of good black FBB's too, for example Alana Shipp who looked very, very well. Margie Martin has great potential, too. But it is Monique Jones who can become the next Iris, she has everything, great posture (she is taller than Iris and Alina), great physique.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  2014 Olympia

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View