LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#DISCUSSION: What Kind of Musclestory Do You Prefer?

Started by hansan1982, February 24, 2013, 06:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatJustice

I don't feel there's any need for this discussion to get too personally vitriolic - almost everyone who has posted here is an author and has, at least, made the effort to share something with the community, however niche or otherwise their interests might be.

Just re: clit cocks, masculinisation and sexuality - I think that there are as many reasons for addressing the subject as there are people writing about it. There may even be plenty of bisexual or gay men who write these types of stories with the aim of addressing their own sexualities or body images - if that's what they want to do, that's fine. After all, this is a website which caters to a special interest; it's not a hetero-exclusive club.

Further, there are plenty of admittedly straight men, myself included, who simply write about their fetishes or logically extrapolate things which interest them. In this forum there are hundreds of posts and images of women who have steroid-induced clitoromegaly. This feature is closely linked to anecdotal stories, and probably a fair few urban myths, of enhanced sex drive and sexual assertiveness. is it so hard to imagine that a little exaggeration leads you to a clit-cock story of the type seen so regularly here? Where is the homosexual content unless there's penetration of a male anus? Even then, I suspect most gay men would suggest that being gay is a lot more than just that.

Now, none of this changes that some people don't like it - it's perfectly understandable - but while it's not a problem to dislike it, I'd refrain from throwing rocks around in what has been a fairly civil discussion.

As far as the issue of love and nice characters is concerned, with particular respect to popularity, it's because everyone assumes it's easy to write about good people doing nice stuff. Doing that in an interesting way takes soooo much skill and effort. Most of the time, people start writing about weirdos and assholes, or outsiders - even if poorly characterised, they are at least intrinsically interesting. Then, I would suggest that they try nice people again and do it better, more completely with more experience under their belt. Then usually comes studies of very morally difficult characters where the really decent authors can make them very relatable and sympathetic. Perhaps, Greatguy, by the time you come to try something different your growing and developing talent as a writer will help make those as yet unwritten stories very popular. I know I still find it hard to write compelling nice characters myself.

Finally, there are maybe six people contributing to this thread; none of us expects too many more responses, but hundreds, if not thousands of eyes will probably pass over it without writing a word - similar to so many of the stories written. Just because something doesn't generate comments doesn't mean it's poor or disliked. Quite the opposite sometimes!

GreatJustice

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

El_Roy_1999

I really like stories that give some psychological insight in what happens inside someone who transforms. I also like realistic, slow transformations that might actually happen. Stories that examine the relationships between the characters are also a favorite.
I like breast expansion, but I have to admit that I find breast implants weirdly erotic, because they're something that characters do to enhance their sexiness. It's the artificiality that turns me on more than the actual breasts. (I'm weird, but aren't we all.) That's probably one of the reasons why I find fetish outfits (latex, leather and others) fitting.
I also enjoy interesting new setups. There are a few standard female muscle growth plots and many are very overused. Coming up with a new idea, a new setting or a new perspective is something I very much enjoy. I strive to do that in my own stories.

Humor is another very nice thing. Sadly, funny is harder than scary, so this rarely happens. But comedy would be awesome once in a while.
I don't specially enjoy ultra-violence unless it actually fits the plot, whereas gratuitous sex is always welcome.
Find my stories on Smashwords:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Commissions available on request.

Apollo

Great!

I appreciate everyone's feedback.  There's room for all types of preferences. 

freakpeak

I prefer:
- very detailed muscle growth description with measurements and strenght tests
- extreme steroid abuse (testosterone, gh and other stuff)
- ladies who look or want to look like overgrown heaps of shredded muscles - disgusting mass of striated and vascular muscles, as huge as possible (the more roids she takes the bigger she gets), with height max to 7,5"
- girl who is ready to sacrificeher whole life to build insane, freaky and freakier muscles
- steroid side effects like being extremely vascular, shredded, insanely dried out (even on a face), huge and vascular clit, overgrown vaginal muscles, low and deep voice

Jeremy Lightning

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I prefer:
- very detailed muscle growth description with measurements and strenght tests
- extreme steroid abuse (testosterone, gh and other stuff)
- ladies who look or want to look like overgrown heaps of shredded muscles - disgusting mass of striated and vascular muscles, as huge as possible (the more roids she takes the bigger she gets), with height max to 7,5"
- girl who is ready to sacrificeher whole life to build insane, freaky and freakier muscles
- steroid side effects like being extremely vascular, shredded, insanely dried out (even on a face), huge and vascular clit, overgrown vaginal muscles, low and deep voice

Hey man, good to see you on here again, it's been a while since I've seen you post. I just loved your story, it was  a breath of fresh air, coming from a big fan of Mr. Shhh and Reaper00200, it was awesome seeing someone else try their hand at freaky, steroid driven muscle girls. I hope we see more from you soon! k+!
Don't forget to K+ if you enjoy my writing.

Great stories about strong and muscular women and girls, hope you enjoy!

freakpeak

Thanks a lot :D
I have a few really crazy ideas in my mind, but need time to write it. Unfortunately I am very busy recently... :(

slowride007

i like older women with muscles moms that they are older and are bored so they hit the gym and like it...or wife gets muscle to get her way in life stuff like that ...

magnusmagneto

Hi Apollo - don't know if you have seen any of my stuff, but I've been extremely blessed in that I'm able to pay the bills writing FMG stories while I finish my degree. ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login has most of my writing, my DA found through a google search has all of it)

With all due respect to everyone, a thread like this isn't going to really help you specifically in what you mentioned is your goal.  You're getting the opinions of less than a dozen or so individuals, and there are tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of FMG Story fans in the world.  (Millions of femmuscle fans believe it or not if the numbers I've read are to be believed, but FMG Stories require longer attention spans than pics/art)

It's much more important to just do you own thing, build your own audience, interact with them, and take it from there.  Read what other people are doing to get ideas of what works and doesn't. 

That said, this is a pretty interesting thread, so don't let me rain on anyone's parade!  Keep discussing!  =)
Main site is on DeviantArt, lots of content there - Look up "MagnusMagneto FMG".

You can support my work, and access awesome FMG stories, narrations, and games at the following sites
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   (main store - lowered prices, under renovation)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (smashwords store)
www.magnusmagneto.com   (website - under renovation)

magnusmagneto

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ninja, when I wrote stories with big gentle characters, they didn't go over well. So spare me the "I love gentle women" line because there is barely an audience for it. Also while grammar is important, I've seen too many good writers get ripped by grammar Nazis. Some writers need someone willing to sift through the bad stories to find a gem. If someone gives them a shot, they will get better. Everything I say is from experience. Took a while to find my niche. Now that I've found it, I'll be a better writer.

To be honest, the vast majority of my stories have little to no violence.  When I do have violence, it's almost always justified.  Only a tiny minority of my characters are truly evil women.
Main site is on DeviantArt, lots of content there - Look up "MagnusMagneto FMG".

You can support my work, and access awesome FMG stories, narrations, and games at the following sites
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   (main store - lowered prices, under renovation)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (smashwords store)
www.magnusmagneto.com   (website - under renovation)

NinjaStar

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Apollo - don't know if you have seen any of my stuff, but I've been extremely blessed in that I'm able to pay the bills writing FMG stories while I finish my degree. ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login has most of my writing, my DA found through a google search has all of it)

With all due respect to everyone, a thread like this isn't going to really help you specifically in what you mentioned is your goal.  You're getting the opinions of less than a dozen or so individuals, and there are tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of FMG Story fans in the world.  (Millions of femmuscle fans believe it or not if the numbers I've read are to be believed, but FMG Stories require longer attention spans than pics/art)

It's much more important to just do you own thing, build your own audience, interact with them, and take it from there.  Read what other people are doing to get ideas of what works and doesn't. 

That said, this is a pretty interesting thread, so don't let me rain on anyone's parade!  Keep discussing!  =)

I disagree. While I do think it's important to maintain your own style and ultimately be the master of your own literary destiny, I think it's good to bounce ideas around from time to time. When you get right down to it most stories don't deviate too radically from the same formula. Reading stories won't really do you much good inspirationally but maybe talking to other writers might. Most people who answered the OP have written for good or for ill so we can at least offer insight into what we write.

I personally think its a mistake to 'go with the flow' and do what everyone else does because unless you can command the language and write really well your stories will not stand out and you won't get any real feedback. Go to DtV and look at how many authors write the same story over and over again. If you can think of a plot chances are it's already been written and possibly better at that. If you write in your own style and actually try to write your efforts will be noticed. I've actually had people thank me via PM or email for what I write because I try to write characters and plots instead of bog standard 'just the good parts' or rape and torture porn even if that's what the people want.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

magnusmagneto

We'll have to agree to disagree then Ninjastar.  I was mostly just listing what worked for me: reading a metric shitton of FMG stories, then writing my own, taking some commissions, and building an audience - all while slowly developing my own style.

Part of what you said: That it's likely someone has already written the plot you have in mind, is actually why I recommend reading a ton of stories.  You will know what has already been done, and more importantly, you'll know what has been done well.  With this knowledge, it'll be easier to avoid retreading someone else's footsteps.

I don't want to boast, but I think I've had a few very novel/original stories within this genre that were not remotely explored before.  (Alongside a healthy smattering of very generic / by the books tales)

I'm not saying threads like this are entirely useless, just that he's ultimately going to get an opinion sampling from ~12 or so out of ~100,000 or so potential readers.  Tastes mentioned here may be disproportionate to what's actually popular.  It's human nature to overvalue personal anecdotes when making judgement calls.
Main site is on DeviantArt, lots of content there - Look up "MagnusMagneto FMG".

You can support my work, and access awesome FMG stories, narrations, and games at the following sites
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   (main store - lowered prices, under renovation)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (smashwords store)
www.magnusmagneto.com   (website - under renovation)

NinjaStar

I guess the difference of opinion stems from me never trying to sell my work. Writing's merely a hobby for me. If I tried to monetize it it would become a job and I'd probably not want to do it anymore. I never really saw the need to lift the best ideas off of other authors if I have my own ideas bubbling in my skull based on what I'd like to see. If anything it was me reading others stories and trying to do the opposite of what they've done because what they do is so common and old hat.

I see a difference between popular and good. Popular to me means you're a slave to the community and their expectations, whereas good means you're writing what you want and other, if not fewer, people like it regardless because of the care and effort put into it, making them stand out from the run of the mill popular stories. Popular stories can be good, but I don't think good stories easily can be popular because most people reading just want quick, easy jerking material without investing too much time into it, but there's no hard and fast rule stating this. There are thousands of popular stories I've skimmed through, but there are far fewer good ones in my opinion that actually were able to hold my attention and want to keep reading.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

fbbsmmh

Ninja,
You've stumbled across the real crux here. Your standards and what you look for when you come here is different to what other people use this site for. I'm into writing, I'm into good writing. I'm into realistic stories. I am also however, a horny guy who is both a Cratolagniac  (aroused by strength) and a Sthenolagniac (aroused by muscle) I come here primarily to satisfy this aspect of myself rather than the writer in me. I imagine most people here are the same. Which obviously won't help to satisfy your desire for good fiction. I wonder, do you read a lot of fiction on other topics elsewhere? Just wondering maybe if you might be able to get your need for good writing elsewhere and hence, be able to drop your standards somewhat here. That way, when you do come across a story you enjoy here, it will be a pleasant surprise. . It would be nice to think that this place could be a broad church for people with interest in muscle and strength fiction to various degrees, where they could get along, rather than a place for confrontation, based on a difference in standards. Just my tuppenceworth

demented20

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I guess the difference of opinion stems from me never trying to sell my work. Writing's merely a hobby for me. If I tried to monetize it it would become a job and I'd probably not want to do it anymore. I never really saw the need to lift the best ideas off of other authors if I have my own ideas bubbling in my skull based on what I'd like to see. If anything it was me reading others stories and trying to do the opposite of what they've done because what they do is so common and old hat.

I see a difference between popular and good. Popular to me means you're a slave to the community and their expectations, whereas good means you're writing what you want and other, if not fewer, people like it regardless because of the care and effort put into it, making them stand out from the run of the mill popular stories. Popular stories can be good, but I don't think good stories easily can be popular because most people reading just want quick, easy jerking material without investing too much time into it, but there's no hard and fast rule stating this. There are thousands of popular stories I've skimmed through, but there are far fewer good ones in my opinion that actually were able to hold my attention and want to keep reading.

I really like reading these story/writing threads when they come up, so interesting. I think there's a happy medium between popular and good. I've written some stories where I get plenty of hits plus feedback and I've written stories where all I get back are crickets chirping. The thing is... I'm horrible and picking which story will fall into which category. I guess I fall into the 'do your own thing' side of things, but I'm not against giving readers a bit of what they want. I just have to do it my own way. I don't even think there's anything wrong with looking around at other stories(even bad ones) and picking up a theme to work with. One of my most popular recent stories was probably the most violent I've ever written. Some of my long time readers figured out that I was satirizing violent FMG stories and having some fun with it at the same time. That's what I mean happy medium, at least for me.

I write different types of stories as my tastes wander from thing to thing. That's why I have a character for this or for that. Some things I hit are popular and some less so, but when it comes to selling stories... it's all about what the customer wants. I've only sold stories to Amy's Conquest and that site tends to like the slightly tongue in cheek romance/sex stories or the violent ones... so that's what I try to produce no matter my personal mindset at that particular time.

I'd tell the OP to sift through stories and find ideas, concepts, even characters if you have to, just so long as it gets you excited to write stories. If the stories you write fall within the 'popular' realm then so be it, and if they don't that's fine too. The only way to get better at writing is to well... write. I don't think a writer has to post a bunch of crappy stories in an effort to produce a good one, but I think anybody can get better. Me and lots of other FM writers have. If you have ideas of your own, terrific. FM/FMG stories need every fresh idea possible, but you don't have to set out to reinvent the wheel.

gwhh

I like older muscle woman myself.  Younger men, over age 21.  Woman at least twice them age but under age 60!

No height growth, no super mass, but a lot of normal growth and lot of size detailed and strength details!

 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i like older women with muscles moms that they are older and are bored so they hit the gym and like it...or wife gets muscle to get her way in life stuff like that ...