LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

When were you first attracted to fbbs

Started by womenmusclefan, August 24, 2007, 08:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmc

Under 10, I remember watching a contest on SportsWorld on NBC I think featuring Lori Bowen, and I've been  hooked ever since.

bmc

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

racerx009

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Under 10, I remember watching a contest on SportsWorld on NBC I think featuring Lori Bowen, and I've been  hooked ever since.

That one is easy. NBC broadcast the '85 and '86 contest on tape delay. There's no doubt we watched the same program.


candle

 i remember watching the tv show real people they did a segment about female bodybuilders. As I remember most people did not like it, and the women back then looked more like todays fitness figures
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ranman

Hi guys, I've been a member of this site for awhile, but just now I finally have the time to start posting regularly. I figure this is the best thread to say "hi" in.

Anyway, to get on topic, I was under 10 when I started. Maybe closer to 5. I just remember my parents coming across a female bodybuilding contest on TV, and I was intrigued by women having that much muscle. Like the guy posted earlier, I don't think I was aware enough to call it "attraction," but I just know I had little to no interest in watching the male competitors but I absolutely loved watching the women. Maybe it was just the fact that it was such an unusual thing to me. Then later on, it just ended up turning into one of the things I was attracted to, I guess.
I absolutely LOVE NABBA Figure!


simpl1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Under 10, I remember watching a contest on SportsWorld on NBC I think featuring Lori Bowen, and I've been  hooked ever since.

That one is easy. NBC broadcast the '85 and '86 contest on tape delay. There's no doubt we watched the same program.


Same here,  maybe younger.  I remember flipping channels every weekend trying to find one of those shows again.  I also remember the first time I came across wpw magazine, a publication dedicated to female bodybuilders period.  Couldn't get a subscription, but would find my way to get mine at the store every month or so.

irilitj

I got started also maybe around the age of 10.
It was a poster-advertisement of a woman selling some fitness-stuff with quite buff arms.  don't know why the image stuck in my mind, but it did. ;D

lockonstratus

i remember being fascinated with cory everson's work out show on espn. i was...ten? she'd usually come on after denise austin which was too bubbly...too saccharine for my tastes. shortly after i saw my first porn and wondered what she'd be like. the rest is history.

Bobo

I was 12 or 13 years old, and I saw the montel williams show on female bodybuilders in 1995.  I became instantly a fan of these truly exotic women.  I would love to see that show again.  I have thought about fbbs every day since.

sjeng73

i must have been 14 or so when the local gym had a contest going on in the local event-centre,not much fbb's there but there was a fbb named erika mes doing some guestposing and she did the magic. erika mes then was together with juliette bergman and hanny van aken one of the dutch top fbb's

quackcow345

Under 10

BodyShaping with Cory Everson and Kiana Tom's Flex Appeal. Used to wake up extra early to catch both. That and watching the girls in American Gladiators, especially Zap. Once the internet came around and I learned about mixed wrestling and Fbbs I was all done.

artax

I'll say about 16- remember ESPN used to cover a lot of events before they had all these other sports, watched bodyshaping of course first with Cory Everson, and used to get Muscle and Fitness every month- favorites back then were Cory, and Tonya Knight

fredzeppelin

I was 10 when I was at a party with my parents -- the kids were hearded  into the
TV room. Bored of TV and Atari Cartridge games, I leafed through some of the magazines on the coffee
table, and there was a 1981 Sports Illustrated entitled "What the...?" featuring female bodybuilders. If I
remember correctly the two fbbs in question were Lisa Lyon and Kike Elomma (wow they
were pretty damn scrawny by today's standards). I remember my first reaction was one of anger
and frustration -- how dare these women try be to as strong and as macho as men! But I was
also wildly excited by the prospect.
I tell you the early eighties were rough if you were a female bodybuilding fan. No cable, no internet, no shows (unless
you were lucky enough to live in So Cal). I used to sneak into a Crown Book store next to my school and leaf through Muscle and Fitness, Flex
MuscleMag and Muscular Development -- now and then you'd get glimpses of Rachel McLish, Carla Dunlap, Tina Plakinger.
Then one day SOMEHOW a copy of Women's Physique World found its way into this dusty, old Crown Book store. It had a massive,
gorgeous Kay Baxter on the cover. You have to understand, prior to 1979, the world had never seen women with much muscular development,
and certainly nothing in the league of Kay Baxter. This wasn't a woman with cute little muscles like Rachel McLish or Lisa Lyson.
This woman sported big, bulked up, powerful muscles that any MAN would be proud of. She looked cocky and dengerous, and yet
beautiful, feminine and very sexy at the same time. From that point on, I was hooked...     

dvdmc16

younger than 10.  I go way back.  there were no fbbs when I first noticed my attraction.  there was however Joan Rhodes on tv in 1955 performing in Bob Hope's xmas show for the American troops.  she came out in a sexy slinky dress with a big slit up the side, thumped this heavy-sounding metal bar on the stage and announced that she was a strongwoman.  my heart raced.  she bent the bar and lifted Bob Hope among other things.  I was hard-wired from birth to become addicted to strong women, but actual female bodybuilding took me by surprise in 1979.