⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Does bodybuilding need it's own network?????

Started by guana, June 14, 2010, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guana

In my opinion the sport of bodybuilding has fallen on her times?  With barely any network broadcasting you either have to see any shows in person, on the internet, or pay-per-view.  Most of the networks that use to carry bodybuilding contests and shows have dropped them from their schdule.  With so many cable networks out there why don't the IFBB make their own.  It you can have a network for golf, videogames, and gameshows why not bodybuilding?  Ben Weider has the connections to make it happen.

guana

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

RobMash

There is already PhysiqueTv but I want a channel entirely dedicated to the world of female bodybuilding.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

guana

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is already PhysiqueTv but I want a channel entirely dedicated to the world of female bodybuilding.

A channel totally dedicated to FBBs won't work.  You have make for the whole sport. 

Mangochutney

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is already PhysiqueTv but I want a channel entirely dedicated to the world of female bodybuilding.

I understand that you want this but it's important for you to understand that it's not about what one person wants. There has to be a market for something to make it work and although there are people who like female bodybuilders-I'm not one of them, I like figure/fitness/bikini competitors- I'm not sure that there is a big enough market-either in the U.S. or the world-for that type of specialty channel.  Perhaps someone will create an internet channel like that, but I really can't see a bodybuilding only television network any time soon.

arcore23

I think that a channel of female fbb will be very interesting.

guana

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is already PhysiqueTv but I want a channel entirely dedicated to the world of female bodybuilding.

I understand that you want this but it's important for you to understand that it's not about what one person wants. There has to be a market for something to make it work and although there are people who like female bodybuilders-I'm not one of them, I like figure/fitness/bikini competitors- I'm not sure that there is a big enough market-either in the U.S. or the world-for that type of specialty channel.  Perhaps someone will create an internet channel like that, but I really can't see a bodybuilding only television network any time soon.

It's possible.  It doesn't have to be all about bodybuilding.  Think of all the celebrities that have come out of bodybuilding.  Arnold, Cory, Rachel, Lou, and the movies and t.v. shows they have done.  Plus documentaries on the sport.  So much education that can be learned for those that want to.

jordi1

the problem is its a minority sport unfortunately,its disappointing that these great athletes dont have a dedicated tv station or alloted time to showcase all their hard work and endurance,