LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

RIP Alison Brundage

Started by Lucrezia Borgia, April 21, 2010, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Yes, you look like you are still in great shape(which is not to say that you are old - although of course we are all older than we were!)
Regarding Lynn Pirie, I think she is, or was, an osteopath.


alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK here's one. I did my abs with inversion boots  ....hanging upside down.  Cut my hair that way too.
TAYLOR:  Thanks, but 68 is now considered old.  BUT I do thankyou for the encouragement, I need every ounce of it...& YOU need Karma points.  No one should be -1...I bumped you up to zip .   
LUCA:  ( I'm laughing again) You ask where I get my stunning clothes?....used clothing stores.
OK...I've got my encouragement dose.  I'm going out to my gym and do some bicep curls with my detergent bottles filled with rocks.......later U2

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Posing practice pics

alison brundage

I think those were before my first contest which I entered after 6 month's of training

alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lucrezia Borgia


well those are real beautiful pics....i had a smell it was from used clothes, I found me too some of my best fitting clothes in little pawnshops...but that top is spectacular!!!!

Taylor

Great pics - and yes I have no Karma :( boo-hoo!!!

alison brundage

 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm re-posting this photo ...it did a vanishing act
Here's the the story of this particular contest.  It was the National Amateurs in Vegas.  I was competing in singles and as well doubles with my trainer.  Both of us were starving and depleted but still ran the streets of Vegas in sweats and were doing chin ups on pipes in the stairwell of Ceasar's Palace.  It was a classic case of "losing it" and overtraining.  Well I missed the weigh in.  Competed as a middleweight and after the contest came to find out I was in fact a lightweight and had gone down to 106 lbs.  A little water and a tiny carb treat might  would have served me well !...LOL

alison brundage

Here's one I found of the Golds...  Lorri Okami there  ( sorry this image seems to have grown in size.....)


alison brundage


....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2015

Taylor

1982 or '83?

Thanks for the Karma, by the way!!!

OdoHerr

To Alison:

May I thank you for all these pics, as well as all your comments about your thoughts and your life. I do appreciate.

Regards

OdoHerr
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

alison brundage

Re: thanks from you guys.......
Hey my thanks to all of you !   It's my hope that together we might encourage others towards healthy livin n liftin and long life.   I am happy to share my life experiences and as well where they have led me to this point in my life.   At 68 yr old I feel sorta like I did when I first discovered iron and what positive effects lifting can do for a body.   I'm inspired to lift more regurlarly, eat a more healthy diet and supplement those elements that deplete as we age to encourage a body to work more efficiently...nutriceuticals  (multivits, CQ10, DHEA, antioxidants, free radical scavengers) .  I can say I am daily feeling and looking better.
Sooooo I say: thank YOU for this newfound inspiration I have to journey once again into a lifting lifestyle.  Karma point backatcha OdoHerr...I see your presence all over this site in a positive way.
Moveeguy:  I have to master  photo duplication,  and as well get negatives I have into a form I can duplicate.  It will take time.  I have a huge carton of a photo journey of my brief BB career that got packed decades ago when I folded my tent and moved on.  It's here and I will definately be happy to share those pics with you all here.  Be patient. 
Taylor:  You're welcome for a meager karma point.....I appreciate your kindness.

alison brundage



One the tricks of posing is to make  one "think" you appear better than you do in actuality.  One saying I remember from the old Iron Man mags is their expression that a particular bodybuilder shows himself at his "greatest advantage"  ( they were always very kind in what they said about featured lifters) .  I was blessed with a naturally muscular body, an athletic daily lifestyle in surfing and one hell-of- a good trainer.  Together with a solid lifting routine ( and hour or so a day on my backyard pulley rigs and power frame) ...I was turned into a real bodybuilder.  My muscles were narrow and long on a frame that's blocky ( the opposite of a Lenda Murray frame).   It was important to my success that the arm or leg was turned to "appear" to it's greatest advantage.   It was the trick of presentation that could make or break you...then.   It's as well an important part of the "sport" of bodybuilding itself.
I would encourge young lifters to eat well, train hard and learn from a professional.  You will benefit in the long run a lot more in that than to launch into creating bulk  by taking some muscle-building drug.  I never took steroids.  Please....don't go there


alison brundage

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some older than time photos of the original backyard gym where I did all my training.