LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

WOS Rising Phoenix 2020

Started by freudian1, June 09, 2020, 02:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freudian1

The rising Phoenix competitor list for 2020 was just announced this past weekend. With the return of the Olympia, they are making the competition an invitational, like the Ms. International used to be at the Arnold.

It's a really stacked lineup,  which isn't a surprise given the prestige and money  at stake. Helle Trevino has to be the favorite to defend her title, but might she be more focused on the O and be just a little bit below her best?  if so, I think Monique Jones and Nikki Chartrand could really push her.  I have Andrea Shaw and Aleesha Young battling it out for fourth and fifth places. My dark horse for the top six is Jill Blondin, Who was  top six at rising Phoenix in 2018, then took last year off,  probably to put on some  upper body size to balance out her amazing calf development.





e_honda

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I see Margie V. Martin, Jay Fuchs, Pauline Nelson, and Nataliya Kuznetsova didn't make the list. Margie was round-up at last years show.

Margie and Pauline probably just didn't apply for the show. The show is by invitation, but everyone being considered had to submit an application. Pauline has been a top placer at Tampa the past few years and Margie is a past Phx winner. They likely would've been invited if they applied.


luvhuge


PatchAu7

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I see Margie V. Martin, Jay Fuchs, Pauline Nelson, and Nataliya Kuznetsova didn't make the list. Margie was round-up at last years show.

:'(
I agree + Very surprising not to invite Amazonka, Monia Gioiosa, Carla Maria Bradley, Lisa Cross, Oana and so many other Europeans, the return of Tina Zampa, Ann Sheehan-Dudash and especially that of Iris Kyle or Even Renee Toney, the latter would have been a very huge surprise, I agree but for the others ... and Alina, is she retiring!? For Margie, it's frustrating and how to forget Julia Forey and Robin 3D!? There will be other possibilities, other competitions to allow many these champions to qualify? Or chances to be invited to miss Olympia? What do u think, tell us...

pdgde


freudian1

I know that sometimes the tendency of this forum is to express  disappointment over who is not at a show  rather than expressing excitement at who is competing.  But as others have said, we have no idea who did or did not apply to be in this show.  We have no idea who is targeting Olympia qualification-don't forget the NY Pro is the same weekend as rising Phoenix.

We have no idea who is taking the whole year off.  We don't know who lost their ability to train and/or their income due to coronavirus. We don't know who feels uncomfortable traveling to the US right now due to our poor handling of coronavirus. We don't know which competitors might have had visa issues. Plus, there are still travel restrictions right now that would prevent most Europeans from traveling to the US, unless they have dual citizenship.  Nobody knows if they will still be in place a few months from now.

Given all that uncertainty, I think that this is an amazing lineup,  and I'm hoping to get to attend.

freudian1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree + Very surprising not to invite Amazonka, Monia Gioiosa, Carla Maria Bradley, Lisa Cross, Oana and so many other Europeans, the return of Tina Zampa, Ann Sheehan-Dudash and especially that of Iris Kyle or Even Renee Toney, the latter would have been a very huge surprise, I agree but for the others ... and Alina, is she retiring!? For Margie, it's frustrating and how to forget Julia Forey and Robin 3D!? There will be other possibilities, other competitions to allow many these champions to qualify? Or chances to be invited to miss Olympia? What do u think, tell us...

Where did you hear that Tina Zampa is making a return to competition?   That would be exciting news, but has she officially announced it herself is it a rumor?  I was very happy when Anne Sheehan announced her comeback,  she has always been one of my favorites. I am guessing she will do Savannah and/or Tampa,  since she lives in Florida.

As for Alina, she is being very secretive, maybe she hasn't made a decision yet?  Also, since she works for wings of strength, it might be too much of a conflict for her to compete in their invitational.

khuddle

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was very happy when Anne Sheehan announced her comeback,  she has always been one of my favorites. I am guessing she will do Savannah and/or Tampa,  since she lives in Florida.

She's a bodybuilder's bodybuilder -- does not hold back, comes in as big and as beefy as possible. If she shows up at the Tampa Pro this year I'll be ecstatic.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

e_honda

Looks like the show has been moved to December 5th and now it's in Vegas at the Westgate (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton).

freudian1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looks like the show has been moved to December 5th and now it's in Vegas at the Westgate (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton).

I think it was really smart to make this change.  Now it's no longer on the same day as the New York pro,   and  it will be easier on the top competitors to stay in peak condition for both  this show and the Olympia.

87fg

It is wonderful that female bodybuilding is making a comeback. We got WOS Rising Phoenix and a return of the Ms.Olympia. I think the  corporate gatekeepers finally realized there is a fan base out there that likes this. I can't wait to see a combination of old and new competitors on stage.

luvhuge

Alina this year will not compete in any contest

FemFlexUSA

Can Helle be defeated?

Yaxeni is a wonder even among Wonders.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - world's best muscle webcam site
herbiceps.com - stronger every day
femflex.com - where beauty meets muscle

freudian1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can Helle be defeated?

Yaxeni is a wonder even among Wonders.



I think Helle will get pushed hard by multiple ladies, but in the end that she'll take the title. It's definitely a challenge to make predictions because we haven't seen many of these ladies on stage in over a year,  but here's my best guess:

1. Helle
2. Andrea
3. Aleesha
4. Monique
5. Irene
6. Yaxeni

I think it was reported that the show will have an all-female judging panel, I wonder if  they will favor a different look than previous panels?  Probably not, but you never know.

achilleus

Great thing to have a women-only-competition back in thge calendar.

There is also the chance to purchase an online ticket for the show. Great way to show support specifically for the women in the business, something that is not possible on any other show.

Have my ticket already, will check in now and then for an update on the show.

PS: Amazonka and the Euorpeans are probably not on the list because there is a travel ban in most of the countries.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login