Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
clearskypharmacy steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
472187 Posts in 61112 Topics by 30135 Members - Latest Member: tedjones January 25, 2020, 12:15:39 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  WOS Rising Phoenix 2019
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WOS Rising Phoenix 2019  (Read 14767 times)

Offline freudian1

• Activity:
    23.33%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: WOS Rising Phoenix 2019
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2019, 01:24:29 am »
I'm not going to question anyone else's bad experiences, and of course it goes without saying that some of the competitors are approachable in their personality and some are not.

I think it's worth reminding ourselves that in professional sports, it's extremely rare for fans to have any kind of substantive contact with the athletes on the day of competition. So I think we are a little bit lucky in the access that we do have.And personally I'm a little amazed at that when they are dieting, starving, and focused on competing that some of them still have the patience to chat with complete strangers. I'm not sure that I would.

I feel pretty certain that the ladies do appreciate those who buy tickets and come to the show.But for most of them, it's not the fans at the show who pay their bills. It's the photographers and promoters who give them paid shoots and drive their Internet traffic. And some of them have relationships with the ladies that go back for years. So I'm not surprised that's who they talk to, or that they also prefer to other people in the industry. They've built their lives around working out, it's not surprising that they're more comfortable with other people have a similar outlook. And also, we have to face it, some of us fans ARE creepy. Not many, but it doesn't take much to make people wary when stranger after stranger is coming up to them.

That said, even if you disagree with everything I've just said, I think we can all agree that Wings of strength has made it WAY easier to have a good fan experience. It's a brilliant idea to have their merchandise table staffed by popular women bodybuilders who aren't competing that day, but are just there to meet fans and sell T-shirts. At the Chicago show, I got the chance to have a good 15 minute conversation with Helle Trevino-it was the highlight of my weekend. When I saw her again the night before rising Phoenix, we spoke for about 30 seconds and then she moved on. She remembered me, and thanked me for coming, but she was in competition mode- and I don't blame her for one second, even though of course I would have loved to chat for a long time again.

Just my two cents.

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2019, 08:09:28 pm »
Photos I took during the 2 days of the event...

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2019, 08:42:42 pm »
Some more... karma appreciated  ;)

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »

Some prejudging pics too... more to follow!

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2019, 07:38:20 pm »
More prejudging photos  ;)

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2019, 07:58:07 pm »
Women Physique and Female Bodybuilding categories  :woohoo: Karma appreciated...

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2019, 11:36:30 pm »
Very nice of you to post your own pictures from the show, deserres. K+

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2019, 08:34:53 pm »
Thank you for your kind words. I took over 700 photos at the WOS Rising Phoenix event this year (actually my 4th year attending the contest in Arizona), some of them are worth appearing on this forum, where I have not contributed much over the time, I must admit.

Now, let's go to the pictures from the finals!

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2019, 08:44:36 pm »
The day after the show, from my hotel room overlooking the swimming pool...   :wow:

Offline johnnylm

• Activity:
    43.33%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2019, 10:05:06 pm »
Please tell me you didn't stay on you balcony.

Offline deserres

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2019, 08:24:03 pm »
There was no balcony, I took the photos from the window of my hotel room on the 6th floor, using the digital zoom of my camera. Luckily you can't notice it, but there was also the glass of the window, which could not be opened... too hot outside in Arizona! I'm quite sure no one noticed me.
I felt like a kind of shmoe version of the character played by James Stewart in "Rear Window" by Alfred Hitchcock!  :cool2:

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  WOS Rising Phoenix 2019

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View