Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Striations and the Shredded Look

Started by Manbro37, November 17, 2017, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manbro37

How many of you guys in here are fans of striations and the overall look that comes with being really dry and having an extremely low BF percentage on a muscular women? Even to those who aren't fans of them, why do you consider them a turnoff? I'd love to hear all perspectives. I noticed from looking through this forum that a lot of you like the bulky, softer look and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but there's something to be said about the look of a woman that has line after line coursing through her physique. It's almost cartoon-like in a sense considering that it's not something that's easy to achieve at all.

I personally do like the look when it's on a woman under certain conditions, but I really enjoy it when women with smaller frames can pull off that super dry conditioning. Michaela Aycock and Miro Soteriou are perfect examples of that.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


FBBMW

I love the shredded contest look.   
 
I bulky, soft, off season look might be more popular with wrestlers, because the girls will be stronger.   

Manbro37

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love the shredded contest look.   
 
I bulky, soft, off season look might be more popular with wrestlers, because the girls will be stronger.   

The more shreds the better??

FemaleMusclesFan

Oh I love the ripped, dry look! I love it when they are in contest shape! Much better and sexier!

fitgirlfanguy

Definitely loved the ripped look.  Contest shape.  What I notice more and more is that a lot of women in offseason shape simply look bulky/lumpy and could just as easily be overweight/fat, and I don't care for their aesthetic look.  The ripped, tanned, oiled look is part of what hooked me on muscular female bodybuilders in the first place.  Bring on the striations!

comp

It always looks impressive, but a lot of amateur competitors end up looking rather skeletal as well. Also, I think that dry, vascular look fits some people's frames better than others.

For example:

vs

Manbro37

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It always looks impressive, but a lot of amateur competitors end up looking rather skeletal as well. Also, I think that dry, vascular look fits some people's frames better than others.

For example:

vs


I know what you mean by that. Paula definitely had something about her look that didn't make her look too emaciated and skeletized. Yet women like Laura Carolan or Dianne do kind of look a bit "washed out" for lack of better terminology.

beowulff

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

galloguille

I like when they are ripped but also with a good amount of muscle mass, no just no-fat and veins.

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login



I hate to be a party pooper but the image you are talking about is fake. It is a still from pump room footage. I believe it was 1999 USAs. The circles indicate where there used to be bikini straps.

Regarding the ripped contest look I think it is amazing. However, it is not maintainable. That is why you will hear about off season and contest shape. The only exception to this is if a woman has the genetic condition known as lipodystrophy.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I do agree some women look better leaned out than others. Genetics and age are the contributing factors. I suggest opting for the go ugly early approach.

TSF

comp

How embarrassing! Good catch!
There was a series of art photos going around that had a similarly dry look in one of the subjects.

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How embarrassing! Good catch!
There was a series of art photos going around that had a similarly dry look in one of the subjects.

For you my friend.

Nickarm

I love the look especially on a tan  contest ready female physique contestant! Nothing better!

rom553


loudenuff