LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

1989 Jr Nationals

Started by Timmon, January 15, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmon

Another recovered video which has suffered severe deterioration. For historic content, not quality viewing. Tape will be in bin tonight!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

phy911

Thanks Timmon! KARMA+10469

I hope you don't mind if I try cleaning this up a bit? With the resolution of the capture it might clean up quite nicely with Neat Video...


I generated a solid noise profile but unfortunately the video has horizontal tearing. I think it is tape fallout rather than signal issues because the video improves with time. For example....

Later footage post noise filtering


I think I'm going to try to create artificial frames and then use frame blending to repair it. I'm doubtful it will work.

Regardless I am so grateful that Timmon posted this video. I recorded this when it was on ESPN and the tape was recorded over by my parents when I was a wee lad.

Timmon

Thanks Street fighter, your expertise is welcome. It is possible the tape drifted, the VCR has automatic alignment, but the quality was so poor in places, I was trying to manually compensate to see if it was tape drift that was causing the problems. so the alignment  adjusted from one extreme to the other, before I gave up and allowed the VCR to decide.

Another added problem, of course, is the issue of format, not an issue these days. This broadcast will have been recorded in NTSC 525 lines, and then converted in the UK to PAL 625 lines, so there is already missing data in the transmission. Because many of these contests came from the US TV system and were converted for UK format, there are quality issues. We always moaned that Dallas seemed to have been filmed in poor quality compared to other shows we watched, that was the first time I found out about the different TV systems, which was given as the reason for the apparent poor picture quality! This can account for distortion at the bottom or top of the picture, and lack of definition.

I will be posting other contests from the same tape, so you will find similar issues. These tapes are now very old, and were not new when I recorded these contests 25 years ago, so this really is the last chance to see these contests unless someone out there has digitally converted a while ago. I hope so, and that they share!

Good luck with the clean up Street Fighter, hope you are successful, and thanks.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Leander

Thank you very much for this video! I love the posing routine of Gisele Hadad (later known as Gisele Sass) at only 19 years old. Many years ago, I found a clip online of a Eurosport recording of her routine (which I have uploaded to Youtube), but it had no sound. Now I also have the interview afterwards and her posing at the end of the video and lots more.

:thanks: :clap:

phy911



Doubling the duration using RE:Vision Effects Twixtor with Adobe After Effects using inverse blend with motion weight. Once this completes I will compress the video back to original duration with a frame rate of 59.94. Then blend the artificial frames hopefully reducing the vertical waves. The Red circles are time elapsed and remaining. I'm running 6 intel cores 12 threads 64 gigs of ram with Cuda GPU acceleration. I really hope this works.

Timmon

Thanks for your efforts Street Fighter. Would it help if I attach Neat Video to Magix ( the system I am using ) in future conversions? It's about $79 but happy to give it a go if that is the best solution. 
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for your efforts Street Fighter. Would it help if I attach Neat Video to Magix ( the system I am using ) in future conversions? It's about $79 but happy to give it a go if that is the best solution. 

It is a plugin that is used after video capture for post processing. Try the demo and see if you like it. It can be very slow on older computers.

phy911

No miracles yet. I'm going to try using Mercalli to help with the vertical jitter. Wish me luck.

Timmon

Thanks Street Fighter. Yes, I am using an old lap top for conversion still on Vista, as my main PC is a desk top in the office which I prefer, so it probably will be a slow process if I use Neat Video. I may give it a go anyway, as whatever I do is going to be slow sorting out what has not already been posted, etc.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

kjhrobot

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hidden content

[Hidden post: You need 10 karma and must reply in this topic to see it. Or become a VIP MEMBER to see it.]

_________________________

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 🔥

⚠️ Zero tolerance policy: Lurkers and leechers will be banned. No exceptions. If you’re here to take without giving — don’t bother. You’ll be banned.

  • You must reply in this topic to see the hidden content.


First, I apologize to everybody, about the quality of the video. :sorry:
It's seriously bad or worst. :'(

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A copy of the degraded video has been re-posted here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I checked my files to see if I was lucky enough to have DL'ed 'TheStreetFighter's' enhanced version, but, sadly, no. 'TheStreetFighter' passed away in 2018 so it may have been a project that was never completed. R.I.P.
Yes, we never managed to improve the quality. I'm glad I posted the video when I did, some of my old tapes are now unreadable. Time moves on. I often feel we were robbed that some of the most exciting times ever in FBB happened before digital photography and video. Only those of us who remember those days will know how exceptional the early athletes were, and how exciting the contests used to be. Even without high def, the women looked shredded.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

kjhrobot kindly reposted my original video below.
Here is a slightly better version, the first few minutes of the programme ( couples competition) are missing. Look at kjhrobot's repost for the first 8 minutes or so if you want to see that.
The streetfighter originally had a go at improving my video recording below, but sadly never got the chance to complete the work. This clip is another recording I found that I made of the same contest and has not degraded as much!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Hidden content

[Hidden post: You need 10 karma and must reply in this topic to see it. Or become a VIP MEMBER to see it.]

_________________________

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 🔥

⚠️ Zero tolerance policy: Lurkers and leechers will be banned. No exceptions. If you’re here to take without giving — don’t bother. You’ll be banned.

  • You must reply in this topic to see the hidden content.
  • 1 person thanked this.
    (You are not allowed to unthank this)
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

peakfan

On a side note Timmon, your improved version seems to have the aspect ratio pretty stretched, as seen by the "Sky Sports" logo circle looking more like an oval.  To me it looks most correct somewhere around 1.22:1 (61:50), but that's pretty close to 6:5, which might work as a substitute. 

An alternative way to get it about right is to crop off the black areas (around 50 pixels on the top and bottom) and then force the remaining image to 4:3.

Do you have any thoughts on what makes it look closest to the original broadcast?  I'd like to find a way to correct it in the mp4 metadata without needing any re-encoding.

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On a side note Timmon, your improved version seems to have the aspect ratio pretty stretched, as seen by the "Sky Sports" logo circle looking more like an oval.  To me it looks most correct somewhere around 1.22:1 (61:50), but that's pretty close to 6:5, which might work as a substitute. 

An alternative way to get it about right is to crop off the black areas (around 50 pixels on the top and bottom) and then force the remaining image to 4:3.

Do you have any thoughts on what makes it look closest to the original broadcast?  I'd like to find a way to correct it in the mp4 metadata without needing any re-encoding.

Hi Peakfan,
No I have no views on how to improve the quality, or software to do it I'm afraid. Streetfighter was the expert in this area , rest his soul. I no longer have the tapes, as the purpose of making them digital was to save what was left to view before they degraded any more, and clear out the originals from my cupboards. If you have the software and want to have a go at improving what is here, feel free to have a go and post yourself here as owner of the remastered clips.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS