LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Calf size vs calf strength?

Started by drummerdimitri, November 29, 2015, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerdimitri

I've always wondered about the relationship between calf size and power in women.

Not sure about you guys but seeing large calves is just as much of a turn on as seeing how strong they are. That being said can anyone comment on this subject based on past experience, scientific evidence, videos or photos demonstrating a correlation between the two?

:thanks:
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

drummerdimitri

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mutante

I know that many guys find hot not only the fact of seeing a bulky muscle, but also thinking or watching its strenght capability. Not in my case, to me it is just a visual thing. Nothing turns me on more than the shape of a pair of muscular calves (and muscles in general) it is a source of lust in itself! Of course touch and feel its hardness is the most exciting part ^^ ;D
Watch and touch is the key for me, I don't need a demonstration of strenght or "power" at all. I just don't care about it.

legacy

I think that I'm in the same camp as  mutante.  I like full, shapely and firm.  Never really had any interest in how strong they were.  I'm a big fan of ladies such as jennifer rish and annie mae. 

NinjaStar

As in any muscle group, size isn't necessarily an indicator of strength. There's two kinds of muscular hypertrophy; sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar. The first means the muscles are big because of large amounts of fluids in the muscle fibers, whereas the latter deals with actual strength. Obviously weight training will result in both, but the kind of training leads to different increases in on or the other. This is why bodybuilders and strength athletes look so different. Stronger muscles are typically more compact and less bulging, which is why large calves are so rare in bodybuilding. They work harder than other muscle groups and see use daily. They need to be trained much more strenuously in order to grow so a lot of people don't bother, or they don't isolate them enough compared to other muscle groups. Another factor in this is the persons body weight and proportions. Heavier people will have bigger calves because they haul more weight around when they walk. Longer muscles don't look as massive, but that doesn't mean they aren't strong. Genetics also play a factor in whether or not someone will be able to develop larger calves.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Stewie_Griffin

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Genetics also play a factor in whether or not someone will be able to develop larger calves.

True. For example, many Asian gals have naturally awesome calves.