⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Denise Rutkowski

Started by ytsejam, February 09, 2007, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvin

Well I don't know about a miracle. But she'll need a friend. Seems to have one in you.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sadly you are right, it will take a miracle. Maybe Denise is due a miracle.
We'll see how this turns out by the end of the month...hopefully talking to her wont be so difficult once she is out.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well I don't know about a miracle. But she'll need a friend. Seems to have one in you.


I try to balance out all the negative connotations people associate her with nowadays. Again, I am hoping to chat with her soon but only God knows what her mood/demeanor will be like once her incarceration is over. Another tidbit for you guys..

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DRF

Article Excerpt from FLEX Magazine July 1993

Denise Rutkowski
WORK IT, GIRL!



The following is an interview with Denise Rutkowski, the hottest amateur female bodybuilder on the national scene. She is an interviewer's dream - candid, delightful and insightful. Her third place finish in the 1992 NPC Women's Nationals caused a ripple throughout bodybuilding and caused more than a few knowledgeable folks to ponder the future of women's bodybuilding. In the words of one FLEX writer:" She was the only amateur at that show with pro-caliber muscle." Yet she finished third in a class she was expected to win hands down, and didn't even receive a consolation prize for her efforts. She is quite open and even a bit philosophical about her Nationals experience. One thing is certain for 1993: When the smoke clears after this year's USA, she plans on enjoying a victory cigar that's going to make the one Red Auerbach used to puff after Boston Celtics victories look like a toothpick.

Fairfax Hackley discovers what drives Denise Rutkowski in her assault on the Women's bodybuilding scene.

Photography by Chris Lund and Ralph DeHaan

FLEX: Let's dispense with the niceties. How did you feel about your placing at last year's Nationals?
Denise Rutkowski: That show was mine! That was the one show out of all the shows in which I have competed where I was truly on. If you look at the pictures in the magazines and the video, you will see that I won that class hands down.

Did you agree with the changes that are being made in women's bodybuilding?
I think that despite my loss, it was a step in the right direction. Some of these women were getting too extreme. Coming from a woman like myself who is naturally large to begin with, that's saying quite a lot. The move toward a "softer" look was a blessing for some of us, because competitive bodybuilding is so hard on the body with all the training and extreme dieting. It's going to encourage a healthier appearance onstage for a number of the competitors.

It was stated that you were depressed after the Nationals. Were you bitter in any way?
I had never lost a contest before, so knowing how hard I had prepared this time out, third place was really a blow. A number of people came up to me and said that I should have won. People wanted me to do photoshoots afterwards, but I was drained.

It was said that you were downright uncooperative.
I had put so much into the preparation for that contest. Bodybuilding is not a cheap sport to compete in. It takes a lot of time and money to train and eat the way that you have to in order to be competitive. There are so many sacrifices. After the contest I just wanted to regroup. I was too driven and focused for that contest. I put everything I had into winning. In retrospect, though, not winning was a blessing in disguise.

In what way?
It made me realize that there was more to life than just winning. It's important to be focused, but not to the detriment of other things in life. In order to be a good winner, you must learn how to be a good winner, you must learn how to be a good loser. It was hard to take at first, but gradually I came to realize that there is a lesson to be learned in everything.

What would you have done had you won?
I was hoping to compete in the Ms. International as my first pro show because of the prestige. I have this strong desire to compete in the Ms. Olympia.

Why such a desire to turn pro?
I have this fantasy about competing against two people: Lenda Murray and Cory Everson!

I guess you also have a strong desire to remain in third place?
What is important to me is how I stack up; just being a part of the excitement. Lenda is the new ideal and Cory left ash the top of her game. Imagine Cory going up against Lenda! That's a nice fantasy, don't you think?

Speaking of fantasies, there is a story that you were an exotic dancer.
I don't discuss my private life with anyone.

But don't you think there is a certain truth that we must all face about ourselves?
Since coming to California, I've found that there is a lot of craziness out here. There is also a lot of jealousy. I like my privacy. Who my friends are and who I date is my business. I like it that way.

So is the story true?
No comment. The less I say about it, the better!

Where did you obtain such savvy?
I got started in bodybuilding because of a man named Rick Adams. He is known in the business as "Rappin' Rick." He taught me everything I know about the sport of bodybuilding. I walked into his gym one day when I lived in Texas, all 100 pounds of me. I told him that I wanted to be a pro some day. He laughed at me.

At 100 pounds, we'd laugh at you too!
Well, after he say how serious and determined I was, he started to coach me. But he taught me more about life than he did bodybuilding.

What did you learn from him?
How to handle myself in any given situation. Like how to respond to your question about my private life, and things like that. He taught me how to train, how to diet. Ig he had told me to eat rocks and dirt, I would have done so! I just put into practice everything he taught me.

Well, here's a loaded question: Did you feel that Laura Bass should have beaten you for the heavyweight title?
No way! She simply had no muscle. No muscle to turn pro, that is. Given the new criteria at the time, she still lacked muscle maturity.

What about the winner, Drorit Kernes?
This is where I got confused. Drorit was very hard and muscular, but in the other two classes the winners were a lot softer. That is why the Nationals overall was a puzzle to many people. Drorit and I should have gone up against each other. That would have been a good matchup.



What are your plans for 1993?
The USA, the Jan Tana, the Ms. Olympia.

You seem pretty confident about winning the USA. What if you lose?
I've got to win that show, but if not, then I will have to look at the Nationals again. But I don't plan on losing this time out.

Let's get personal again. You have a tattoo on your right ankle. What does it say?
It's a heart with a weight through it that reads "Flex Appeal." I use makeup to cover it up when I compete.

What do you like to do for fun?
Are you getting personal again?

No, just inquisitive.
I like to come home to my two pit bulls: Athena and Gangster. When I have had a hard day they bring out the best in me.

The dog in Madonna's book, Sex, brought out the best in her too!
That's funny. I wonder what that dog saw in her anyway!

What type of training do you indulge in these days?
In the past I had a four-on/one-off routine. Right now I have no set routine, because I daywork out with a client and train whatever they are training on that day. I switch the routine around.

What about your diet?
I hate chicken, so I eat a lot of tuna fish. That's a carryover from the days when I had no money. I can always find a can of tuna. Unlike a lot of bodybuilders, I firmly believe in a high-protein diet. I eat the same way year-round. I don't have to diet as long as other people because I strive to eat as clean as possible. I also like flank steak on occasion. I'll eat rice, broccoli, pasta, oatmeal, egg whites and Cream of Rice. That's it. I eat the same amount of protein daily, which is around 200 grams. I eat between 250-450 grams of carbs, depending on whether it's offseason of contest time. Sometimes my protein may drop down to as low as 150 grams a day.



How old are you?
As old as you want me to be!

Who impresses you in bodybuilding?
Lenda and Cory. They can juggle very heavy schedules, they market themselves well, and they are sexy.

Are you sexy?
As sexy as you want me to be! I like being onstage and posing. I have a strong jazz background, and I use that in my routine. I like to guest-pose because I can be creative. Right now I'm doing some film work that I am excited about. California is definitely the place to be if you want to do that!

You have been a wonderful interview because I'm known to be a very demanding, tough interviewer. I had no trouble breezing through this one.
Exactly what I want to do to the competition this year! Having lost last year taught me a whole lot. I plan on being ready this time. When the smoke clears, I will be the last one standing onstage. The USA is in California again this year. I want to bring the house down and set it on fire - just enough to light the victory cigar I missed out on last year.

To contact Denise Rutkowski, write to 6002 Adelaide Ave., San Diego CA 92115.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Denise should be released within 5 days. Let's see how it goes....

jdm022

Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kujarer

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You can find about the movie Amore 1993, by doing a google search "watch amore 1993 movie online"...it is on youtube I think, as well as other sites. I have not seen any scenes with Denise yet though.*

Footage from Amore! can be seen here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[22 Dec 2024] The link above no longer connects; it appears that post has been deleted.

[8 May 2025] POST RESTORED-Footage from Amore! can be seen here [Reply #100]: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[*JSYK: Her appearance is brief.]

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh:

rom553

Went through my archives and found these, sorry if there are any duplicates.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

rom553

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022


Here's the article from FLEX Magazine...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jdm022

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DRF