⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Denise Rutkowski

Started by ytsejam, February 09, 2007, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What's important is she's happy...I hope.  Hat's off to her for what she has accomplished and still is accomplishing.  Storing up monetary treasure on this earth does little for the bank account for all eternity and it sounds like she's investing well in that regard.
Good for her !
ALISON

Given the circumstances, yes, one can say she is content with what she is doing. BUT that doesn't mean those closest to her are. I might get another chance to talk to her  but from what I last heard she is doing her best to help those in need and most affected by the hurricanes facing the U.S. Southeast. Will update more later on...


87fg

She should have won at least one Olympia.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
     

h666666

There was a time when she had a fascinating physique, when she was an incredibly gorgeous bodybuilder. And guess what: she didn't stay that way forever. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will. Most athletes don't even look any good 11 months of a year in their absolute prime, they just diet down for a show or two per year. And yeah, she has been an intense person, sexual, wild, with a huge heart; growing up with a difficult package, and doing the best she could in life, all the while always looking out for the needy and helping others...

People who pity her or judge her from their comfortable, boring, out-of-shape, hygienic lives, working office jobs, remaining reasonably faithful to an unloved spouse, never doing anything outrageous, but then also never doing anything too spectacular either... These people should look up to her and envy her for actually having lived, not just vegetated. Oh, so she didn't retire into a decent suburban home with a white picket fence, having polite conversations with her well-mannered lady friends? The freaking horror!

DRF

Magazine Excerpt from CELEBRITY SLEUTH 1995 edition



"The Next Female Superstar"
DENISE RUTKOWSKI

"Although Lenda Murray is an outstanding and beautiful champion." a reader recently wrote Flex Magazine, "I think it's just a matter of time before 'Dyno D' takes the Ms. Olympia title and begins a reign as queen of bodybuilding for a long, long time. Denise Rutkowski is destined for stardom!"

And she took her biggest step thereto in winning the gold medal as 1993 USA Champion: "Everybody who attended the show knows I'm not exaggerating when I say that Denise Rutkowski was a Goddess on stage!" wrote bodybuilding expert Don Ross. "Phenomenally muscular, while at the same time extremely feminine , her routine was very erotic without being sleazy. She carried herself like a champion and was the easy winner [crowned by legend Joe Weider]. I had a strong feeling that I was watching a future Ms. Olympia being born: Denise Rutkowski. the next female superstar...by a landslide!" Ross raved. Yet, months later, she was edged by Lenda Murray in the Ms. Olympia- finishing second because judges found Denise "too big" and her "scintillating floor-mopping routine to Madonna's Justify My Love" too vulgar. " Apparently," wrote Flex, "Denise's horizontal contortions received an official frown...or was it squint?" Perhaps they were looking for a repeat of Rutkowski's routine that won the USA crown-- "complete with a peek-a-boob moment when her swell structure overwhelmed her posing suit!"
Sleuth has uncovered an even more mammarable moment: When the future Ms. USA shed her American-flag bikini to raise star-spangled bananas during an early private posing session!

-----------------------------------------------
Denise's "secret" is that she "always has cheesecake prior to going onstage"...and prior to bodybuidling, cheesecake seemed to be right up her alley. After a brief stint--in brief attire-- as an apartment wrestler, Dee (then called "Didi") began to sculpt her shape--starting  with her favorite chest exercise, "The Flat Dumbbell Press". Nowadays, Denise says she builds her bust "in the back corner of the 3rd room at Gold's Gym in Venice" because "you have the mirror and nobody's back there so I can take off my sweatshirt and look at myself while nobody else can see me". Wanna bet?
-----------------------------------------------------------
SCORE CARD
Born: 1963
Reading, Pennsylvania

She admits to "always having been infatuated with muscle"-- especially after seeing "a photo of Cory Everson) that made me say, "Oh yea, that's what I want to be!". After meeting Lone Star Gym proprietor "Rappin' Rick" Adams in Dallas in 1987, Muscular Development reports, "He took a personal interest in the young lady and started her on a hardcore program." Apparently so, since Denise admits that upon moving to Venice Beach: "I was working my butt off just to make a little money"...and even today "maintains a few select clients and manages to keep that extra penny in her pocket through photo sales and guest posings." Before making it --- and "them"--- big (her implants are obvious when comparing these fabulous "finds" with her winning form), Denise posed for erotic videos and photo sessions.

Calling Denise "a complete package." MuscleMag expressed concern at the 93 USA contest "that she wasn't doing enough hardcore poses...but (those) fears proved groundless." Indeed, since her earlier video tonguing and touching (explicit images not included) could hardly have been more open. "After I peaked" in winning the California Championships in 1991, Denise confides, "I just couldn't stay hard (can you?). You've got to jolt your muscles into a heightened sense of response from time to time." And response is what she's gotten: Landing a role as "a very buffed but very sexy trainer" to Jack Scalia in The Last Paisan  ("I've got the T&A and the blonde hair that you need for this part," she smiles), picking up a guy---literally--- in a Pepsi commercial, and becoming the poster gal for DHL air courier service. Sadly, Denise has just announced she "wants to take a year off from competition until she gets her personal affairs in order."

---------------------------------------------------------
Even more famous for her belts, Denise says when her shoulders "are just not getting the pump I want, I'll throw in some upright (reps) once in a blue moon". The Rutkowski rear is riveting but Dee reveals that judges at the Women's Nationals in '93 (I think the article was referring to 1991) told her "my ass was too big" and "that's why I lost the show." Complained one reporter: "As far as her ass being too big, maybe too fine, but never too big."

DRF


fbbgunlover


Paulina Solevic

Nice memory of Dennise... I hope she is OK now... Legend...
Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible

Paulina Solevic

Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible

Paulina Solevic

She has to win this Miss Olympia... But Lenda took it...

Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible

DRF

Bought a couple of Flex Magazines...will be posting the articles here plus more photos, for now, enjoy  :cool2:



DRF

Article Excerpt from Flex Magazine
Aug 1993

SHOCK SETS: Protagonist Supersets For Renewed Triceps Growth BY DENISE RUTKOWSKI
THIRD HEAVYWEIGHT, 1992 NATIONALS


QuoteAlthough I'm a big believer in basic exercises, there comes a point in everyone's training career when a little "zap" is in order. You've got to jolt your muscles into a heightened sense of response from time to time. My triceps training recently became a bit of a chore, and these muscles weren't responding to my satisfaction. I therefore decided that a change of pace was in order. Immediately after performing my basic triceps movement (lying triceps extensions), I added three quick supersets of triceps pressdowns on the lat machine and overhead cable extensions, performed while leaning away from the lat machine. The results were tremendous, as my arms immediately blew up in size. I could actually feel and isolate each head of the triceps with this superset. I now use this method quite frequently whenever I feel complacency creeping back into my training. I occasionally use a different triceps superset consisting of more basic movements, such as lying extensions with an EZ-curl bar and bench dips. Supersets are particularly effective before a contest, as they really aid in maintaining maximum muscularity. However, I don't advocate using them all the time, particularly during a pure mass cycle. I opt instead to utilize basic movements and straight sets to ensure adequate recovery and growth. There comes a point of diminishing returns with basic movements, however, and that's when shock sets are in order. Form is crucial in supersets in order to derive maximum benefit from the exercises. In the pressdown portion of the superset, I keep my elbows locked into my sides and let the weight travel all the way to the top of my chest before initiating the contraction. If you envision that your elbows have been fastened to your waist, you'll get a better idea of what the proper form should be. During the second part of the superset, my elbows are kept out to the sides at approximately shoulder level so that the stress is placed on a different head of the triceps. Pressdowns hit more of the lateral and inside triceps heads, while extensions performed facing away from the machine focus more stress on the outer head of the muscle. I perform a maximum of three supersets after having performed four sets of my basic core exercise. lying triceps extensions with an EZ-curl bar. To perform triceps pressdowns on the lat machine, I grab a triceps bar, draw my elbows into my waist and commence the movement. So as not to utilize momentum, I slowly contract my triceps, which results in the bar moving down to a position just above my thighs. I hold this position for a two-count before returning the bar to the starting position. i knock out 12-15 reps, and then , with no rest whatsoever, proceed to my next triceps exercise. For overhead cable extensions, I use the same lat machine, but reduce the weight slightly and turn my back to the machine so that my elbows are drawn back and up to head level. Keeping my elbows stationary, I pump out a quick set of 15 reps. All told, I perform three supersets of these two exercises with minimal rest (50 seconds) between cycles. I'm currently training hard for the USA contest. I'll stick with my basic arm routine in my precontest prep, but every so often, I'll be throwing in some high reps or shock movements like this triceps superset. To contact Denise Rutkowski, write to 1617 Lincoln Blvd, Venice CA 90291 

DRF

Article Excerpt from Flex Magazine
November1993

GAM SLAM
How to thrash your legs to new levels of size and shape By DENISE RUTKOWSKI


QuoteI've always had an easier time developing my upper body than my legs, but the latter represent my favorite bodyparts. I love the way they feel after a good workout. If anything was bothering me before I came to the gym, it doesn't exist after a punishing leg session. I used to train my legs once each week in a normal rotation pattern, but that just left them small and flat. I've gotten much better results by doubling up on my leg sessions during the week. I am not suggesting this is what everybody needs to do; its just something that works for me. I hope my experience can help you decide on the best approach to your training strategy. i schedule my four-day training cycle liek this: day one, chest and shoulders; day two, legs; day three, back; day four, arms; and day five, off. To work my extra leg workout in, I'll train them once, skip three days, then train them again, bumping the normall scheduled session back one day. My training is just about the same all year long, except for a little more machine work when I'm dieting. I'll up my repetition range slightly for a couple of weeks before a contest, but I work hard at keeping my size, and I stick with heavy sets of eight to ten reps most of the time. My primary exercises are leg presses, leg extensions and hack squats. Before a contest, I'll often add sissy squats in a superset combination with hacks or combine leg extensions and hacks to really fatigue the muscles. For the rest of the year, however, it's more important for me to focus on straight heavy sets and muscle growth. Occasionally I do lunges for variety, but they're not one of my staples. About two years ago, I squatted hard and heavy. Most bodybuilders claim this is the best leg movement, but the natural arch in my back is severe, and the way my muscles are put together back there has given me a nerve-impingement problem that is aggravated by squatting. Actually, I've gotten better results from leg training since I stopped squatting. I'm not sure if my concentration is improving or my muscles are just maturing, but I'm glad there's more than one way to build good legs. I do four or five sets of each of my exercises, and always put hack squats third in the rotation. My legs are strong, so when I put hacks first in my workout, I have to use quite a bit of weight to get the feeling I'm after, it bothers my back just like squatting does. When I do extensions and leg presses first, my legs are so fatigued that I can get a much better workout with less weight on the hack squats, and thereby avoid aggravating my back. For leg presses, I'll do a couple of warm-up sets, then move straight to my maximum, usually 600-800 pounds, and do four or five sets of 8-10 reps. On leg extensions, I up the reps a little (8-12) and hold the contraction for a moment at the top. I dont hold it for a long count, just so my legs are completely flexed and really hard. I train my quadriceps before my hamstrings on leg day to avoid aggravating my back, which happens when I do hamstrings first. I need more work on my hams than my quads, and i prefer to work first, while I'm freshest. Avoiding injuries comes first, though. Sometimes you can't train at all when you're injured. I think its hard for a female to develop really good legs. If you want superior leg development, you've got to train like you've never trained before -- each and every time. At the end of my workout, I can hardly walk up the stairs to the locker room at Gold's Gym in Venice, and have to use both handrails. But legs remain my favorite bodypart to train. I love the super-pumped feeling that comes with thrashing them in the gym. It makes me feel that I'm accomplishing my goals. I pace my sets so that I'm right back on the particular machine I'm using the moment my partner gets off. Some people feel that a slower pace, with a longer rest between heavy sets, is the best way to stimulate growth, but I don't agree. I think it's best to pick up the pace and do the greatest amount of work in the shortest possible time. You've got to generate some real intensity in the gym! If I had to pick one leg exercise as superior to the others, it would be the leg press, because this movement lets you stimulate so much muscle all at once. Leg presses let me feel my hamstrings, the teardrop area by my knees, the mid-thigh and especially the outer-sweep area. I can barely function after my last set of leg presses. I am satisfied with a leg workout when every step I take the next day is painfully sore. I use soreness as a monitor as to how successful I was in my last training session. I don't always cripple myself, but I do want to be able to press on the muscle and feel at least a degree of soreness. If I stop getting sore, I'll try switching things around, or skip a leg workout then come back next time and try again. I like to have that soreness as a feedback mechanism. Overtraining can be a problem if you're not getting the results you want from your leg workouts, but everybody is different in this respect. Some people can train seven days per week, and it never bothers them. I work legs twice each week, but all my other muscle groups get just one training session. To me, overtraining is the feeling you get when you just don't have any enthusiasm for going into the gym after you've been consistent for two or three months straight. Sometimes you've just got to have some time off. I may have been overtraining my calves in the past. I would work them every other day because I wanted them to grow, but they weren't. I recently switched to just two very hard and heavy sessions per week, and they're improving. I'm sold on the heavy-training philosophy, but by bodybuilding standards. There's a point where you lose effectiveness by doing maximum-rep singles or doubles. That's for competitive powerlifters. Low reps stress the ligaments and tendons a lot, but they don't fatigue the muscles enough. You can tear yourself up by going super-heavy all the time. Never compromise your form for a few extra pounds. Another important technique I always use when training legs is stretching. I stretch a lot before and between sets. I like to do hamstring stretches, runners' stretches (leaning to one side, then the other) and quadriceps stretches, in which I hold the toe of my shoe and extend my leg behind me. Stretching is a safety precaution. Between sets, when I'm super-pumped, I feel tight and not very comfortable jumping right into my next set. Stretching gives me back some mobility and lets me feel safer. It takes time to build good legs but it can be done, even if you have to try dozens of different techniques. Just be patient and don't become discouraged. It's hard work, but the results are definitely worth it.  Denise Rutkowski can be contacted for promotional matters by writing in care of Gold's Gym, 358 Hampton Drive, Venice CA 90291   






jdm022

WOW!

All new photos of one of the best ever!

THANK YOU...K+++ :bravo:
Please support my stories at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please support my morphs at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Luigithec

You can find about the movie Amore 1993, by doing a google search "watch amore 1993 movie online"...it is on youtube I think, as well as other sites. I have not seen any scenes with Denise yet though.

DRF

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, have we been taken for a ride?  The pic on facebook looks . . . sexy?  No beard.  No drugs.  Just like I saw her years ago before she got on the juice.  Total babe.  Now, I had heard recently, from what I thought was a reliable source, that she had committed suicide, and, that when she was on the juice her boyfriend was having her sleep with other guys.  Was it true?  The suicide?  The sleeping around for your boyfriend?  If the sleeping with other guys was true then why?  For schmoes maybe, maybe for the extra dough, or to set up some guy for some mobster, or to please his benefactor whom he poses for every month for the 5 grand a month he was living on.

Or, was the woman who told me this mistaken, or worse, lying?  The rumor about Denise years ago was that she testified against some mobster and had fled, going from town to town with her dog as an itinerant pastor, passing the hat for her money. So, anything is possible.  If my source was lying, then why the lie? 

Not sure what to think.  It sounds like all of us have been taken for a ride.  Those arrest webs could be fake.

Although I'm picking up on a conversation that took place almost 5 years, what 4gungadin has written caught my attention as I was scrolling through the different pages of this thread. I have it on good authority that Denise did testify against a mobster/ringleader and that this is what sparked her into going incognito for the past two and a half decades. she DIDN'T  "move around the country spreading the word God"(even though she was religious); she moved, and is still moving, around the country because of FEAR!

I tried finding more info on other forums but it was mostly trolls masquerading as people who claim to have firsthand knowledge. As for sources close to Denise, any questions on this topic were vehemently stonewalled.

Does anyone here know about the gangs in Venice that she most likely got involved with? Most of the "underprivileged" kids she took care of were black, and judging by the location- Venice CA, does that naturally boil down to Venice 13 or the Crips? When it comes to these gangs I am as clueless as any layperson, therefore, I am hoping that any person more familiar with that part of the state can chime in...

Is it possible to find official records of the trail she testified in?