Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?

Started by RobMash, June 24, 2015, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XENOPHON

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8) Closed hands, show that power!
:bravo:
Open hands was originally obligatory for girls so make them more 'feminine' and with the demise of Female 'Bodybuilding' in favour of 'physique' and 'figure' has  made a comeback...  it's rubbish...


jg300

Personally, I prefer closed hands since open hands can be distracting for me. However, I like open hands enough because it gives variety to the flexing pose.

papadoc1981

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

87fg

I like both because there needs to variation in posing. It makes it more entertaining for the spectators.

lesbianbob

Closed hands because it makes the forearms bigger. 

taedea67

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Personally, I prefer closed hands since open hands can be distracting for me. However, I like open hands enough because it gives variety to the flexing pose.

I kind of agree with this statement. However, it should be closed hands in posedown in both  FBB  and  Women's physique.

GlennStorm

Closed hands is the best yes, because it says POWER, whereas open hands says, strong but graceful.  There is room for both in my opinion!  I'd like to see a very detailed, close-up video of closed hand vs open hand by a girl with big peaked biceps to discuss the virtues of each pose :)

wandering_flames


phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A personal "peeve" is when the thumb is put "inside,"  or under the fingers and toward the palm...like a fist but one that would allow your thumb to break if you hit something with the "fist."   :what: The whole thing looks...awkward...you know...?

I've seen both men and women do this. I learned how to make a fist at a young age in martial arts and thought this was awkward too. 
These are the answers I've found.

According to Arnold's encyclopedia it brings out striations in the forearms and arms that are rarely otherwise seen. He also said it helps by making the pose 'flow' so there's not the shape of a thumb jutting out and detracting from the actual muscles/physique

In biceps poses, it makes the fist appear smaller, thus making the biceps look relatively larger.


lesbianbob

Open hands was only to make FBBs not seem "masculine," and basically to be in denial that women could have big muscles.

Spook345

I'd  heard the only difference between bodybuilder and physique was bodybuilding was they posed with the hands closed and physique have hands open. I over heard that in the gym. But I didn't want to be rude and butt in. I personally say hands closed always
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

makko1

My favourite pose is Closed hands: it gives the arm the shape of the power. But in some case I was favourable struck by some fbb that use open hands pose without loosing the dinamicity of the closed hands posed. Beyond the rules, I think that the choise is a matter of the personality and of the personal style of the girl.

TheFranksterChannel

I like the pose with closed hands but with a open hands is meh. I have never drew a open hands with double biceps pose in doodles/sketches. Only the closed hands was good anyways.

bm2boats

I think it is all a matter of personal preference and which would look better for the lady.

tate

My preference lies with alittle bit of both. I agree that the closed makes you look more powerful, but I think the open looks sexier. For me, there is nothing sexier than a woman who does a closed fisted double-bi and then, while still holding the pose, opens her hands.