Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

2014 IFBB Wings of Strength Tampa Pro Contest Pics and coverage

Started by shimmer1, July 27, 2014, 04:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredzeppelin

Here's what they wrote on the Tampa Pro site in response to my badgering:

"#chillpill there KH.   The deadline to enter was just yesterday and for pro shows its usually updated here the monday after the deadline."

So Monday it is...

fredzeppelin

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Timmon

Yes, I could not see a deadline on the application form, so maybe they extended it a bit because of this.  The deadline is normally a week before, however,  so I guess it's reasonable to expect a list will appear a couple of days after that, quite a lot of paperwork to go through!
You must remember the times when we didn't even know a contest had been held until 3=4 months afterwards, let alone see any pics!
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

kevin1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, I could not see a deadline on the application form, so maybe they extended it a bit because of this.  The deadline is normally a week before, however,  so I guess it's reasonable to expect a list will appear a couple of days after that, quite a lot of paperwork to go through!
You must remember the times when we didn't even know a contest had been held until 3=4 months afterwards, let alone see any pics!

Wow. In a forum full of eye-rolling statements this one will likely never be topped.
:what:
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

taedea67

The official list has been posted on the IFBB website.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

fredzeppelin

Predictably, its a huge field. I was thinking it would alos be weak considering Tina Chandler and Shannon Courtney would not be
partciapting, but there actually quite a few interesting surprises: Alicia Alfaro, Lisa Cross, Lisa Geisbrecht, Monique Jones, Jennifer Sedia
and Aleesha Young top my list. I am particularly interested in Lisa Cross, Monique Jones and Jennifer Sedia because this is their FIRST
contest this year and they are likely to turn up HUGE (hopefully).

All in all, I think the field looks good. 4 more days!

lebowski_achiever85


Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, I could not see a deadline on the application form, so maybe they extended it a bit because of this.  The deadline is normally a week before, however,  so I guess it's reasonable to expect a list will appear a couple of days after that, quite a lot of paperwork to go through!
You must remember the times when we didn't even know a contest had been held until 3=4 months afterwards, let alone see any pics!

Wow. In a forum full of eye-rolling statements this one will likely never be topped.
:what:
Indeed Kevin1 ! And somehow, when the pics did arrive, they really were valued! And no forums to ask what happened to one competitor or another, You had to write a letter to the mag.  But then, we were awash with new faces at every contest, and at every contest, the women were better than at the last.
Now, we expect everything to happen real time, amazing how less tollerant things have become! Not saying that's bad, but phew, things are mad these days if you stop and think.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Timmon

Come on, guys, get the lists posted here then,  so people can see and comment! The thread is called "Who is competing? Here's the answer.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

guile1793

This gonna be huge, some really good muscle on the way. Can't wait to see Melody Spetko vs Janeen Lankowski vs Virginia Sanchez vs Sheila Bleck ! Here is my top 5 :

1. Sheila Bleck
2. Virginia Sanchez
3. Monique Jones
4. Melody Spetko
5. Janeen Lankowski
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

fredzeppelin

Thats a good list guile, even though its very different from mine:

1. Lisa Cross
2. Monique Jones
3. Jennifer Sedia
4. Alicia Alfaro
5. Lisa Geisbrecht

phy911

Any other old timers notice Dona Oliveira is competing in physique?

bubba69

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

fbbluvr13

1. Sheila Bleck
2. Monique Jones
3. Lisa Giesbrecht
4. Zoa Linsey
5. Janeen Lankowski

fredzeppelin

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any other old timers notice Dona Oliveira is competing in physique?

That's awesome. She was an awesome bodybuilder back in the 80s, kinda wish she was coming back as a bodybuilder,
but just to see her back after all these years will be great.

guile1793

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login