Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#DISCUSSION: Popular themes in femuscle fiction [POLL CLOSED]

Started by dreammachine, June 10, 2014, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreammachine

Since it would be impossible to post a poll that has all categories lined up, if anyone has specific fetishes that they want to share with others, then feel free to leave a detailed description below. Personally, I would love to see more goddess worship and romance mixed with extreme growth themes.

:sorry: IMAGE of POLL RESULTS EXPIRED  :shucks

dreammachine

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

NinjaStar

I'm mildly surprise violence didn't get all the votes. I'd like to see more characterization in fiction. Y'know, fleshing the characters out, making them interesting to read, etc. Instead, most stories go "Jane Doe gets huge muscles, inexplicably becomes insane, and then rapes, kills, and pillages the whole town. The end."
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

danteconte

mature woman (over 45), height 5,2" - 5,5" (max.) and start training at 110 lbs. and finish.......... over and over and over 300 !

GAP

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm mildly surprise violence didn't get all the votes. I'd like to see more characterization in fiction. Y'know, fleshing the characters out, making them interesting to read, etc. Instead, most stories go "Jane Doe gets huge muscles, inexplicably becomes insane, and then rapes, kills, and pillages the whole town. The end."

I feel that way too and also the violence in such stories also tend to make to sick to my stomach. I really don't want to be on the receiving end of such cruelty.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

El_Roy_1999

I like all the parts. I must be too generic for a fetishist.  Lucky me.

As for violence: If it serves the plot, why not? As a thing for itself, I agree with most of the posters: I don't see the point usually.

I do like other physical transformations and, as my regular readers might have seen, I like to ground these transformations in some kind of realistic-seeming process, for example surgery or training. I hope this doesn't alienate the readers.

Also, thanks for the poll. I'm taking notes right here to see what the public wants. Nothing like a little market research to get the juices flowing.
Find my stories on Smashwords:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Commissions available on request.

GLKnight

Voted for everything but Violence.

What can I say? I've let my voice be heard multiple times on this, already. I just think it's sad that most writers don't push themselves to write out of their wheelhouse to see how far their actual talents go, so something like this (seeing what people want/like) might get them to think a little differently.

Also: what's the definition of  "other extreme body changes"? Are we talking height/GTS? Are we talking flat as a board to carrying around breasts so large, that they can never be fully covered by a warehouse? Are we talking age regression/progression? Are we talking TF specific fetishes, like werewolves and elemental transformations? Are we taking gender changes? Are we talking something rather obscure, like race change (from a skinny white girl to gigantically muscular black behemoth)? Other body changes is a little vague, so I was just wondering.

dreammachine

So far it looks like the results have a pretty even spread, but for some reason there is no way to make a poll larger than 5 choices at a time. I remember seeing one of those social profile things where people pick chose and list their tastes to be made pubic and find others into the similar thing. Does anyone know what im talking about?

GAP

I don't like uber violent FMG stories although I do like to see light domination. I avoid some stories if they feature someone's body get destroyed.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

demented20

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm mildly surprise violence didn't get all the votes. I'd like to see more characterization in fiction. Y'know, fleshing the characters out, making them interesting to read, etc. Instead, most stories go "Jane Doe gets huge muscles, inexplicably becomes insane, and then rapes, kills, and pillages the whole town. The end."

What you just said is the entire reason I wrote my first muscle story years ago. I don't have a problem with violence in general. It might be a part of a story, but not the story itself.

hayley_ cummings

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm mildly surprise violence didn't get all the votes. I'd like to see more characterization in fiction. Y'know, fleshing the characters out, making them interesting to read, etc. Instead, most stories go "Jane Doe gets huge muscles, inexplicably becomes insane, and then rapes, kills, and pillages the whole town. The end."

I agree with this. Just because they became powerful, that dint mean they must be violent. Some violence is fun, but now is soo overated... i mean, soo many stories start soo good but end soo stupid (many of them dint have a end because the writer dint finish the storie).
Also i like when the transformations are progresive with monts training,  maybe she could had some help from roids lol. but i hate these fast magic change like "she take a pill, swell, and now she is a sexy amazon..." that is overated too.

About other changes.... well, what about hermaphodites? haha!

Metal Sphere

Ideally, I'd like to see more extreme muscle growth coupled with other physical changes and large amounts of characterization. The best muscle growth stories I've ever read were often slow burn affairs where you became attached to the characters. That always adds an extra layer that simple "she drinks this and erupts into a muscle beast" stories can't really match.


GAP

I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NinjaStar

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.

I can't believe what I just read... Someone who actually gets it? Saints be praised! And while we're at it, can we drop the whole contrived circumstances the stories are centered around? For example, how many times do we have to read about the older brother younger sister thing, or the asshole high school football team that needs to be taught a lesson, or the creepy older man lusting after the inexplicably muscular and strong sixteen year old girl? These so called plots have been done to death, and you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Obviously, you're limited with what you can do plotwise considering the salient point is a girl with big muscles and lots of strength, but it's not so difficult to come up with creative and interesting themes to explore, or at the least new takes on existing themes. You can subvert, avert, or even lampshape tropes to keep things fresh.

Secondly, let's work on dialog and voice. Too many times I read a story that's got some really shitty dialog that doesn't begin to capture how people actually talk. That takes me out of it when I see it. By voice I mean work on the narrative. Again, I often find the tone of the story hackneyed. It's like many authors rush to cram as much description in the beginning at once, and the descriptions is always perfectly accurate to the exact measurement. "I'm a 6'2" 200LBS guy, and she's a 6'7" 275LBS Amazon, etc..." Oh really? You have the innate ability to size up someone you've never met to the inch? It wouldn't be so awkward to include a measuring scene if you must have the figures in your story, but try not to casually drop numbers in the narrative out of context. Use more creatively vague descriptions to get the reader's mind's eye to picture what your characters look like. If you can hold our interest with imagination, then we don't need exact measurements.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Poddy

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.

I can't believe what I just read... Someone who actually gets it? Saints be praised! And while we're at it, can we drop the whole contrived circumstances the stories are centered around? For example, how many times do we have to read about the older brother younger sister thing, or the asshole high school football team that needs to be taught a lesson, or the creepy older man lusting after the inexplicably muscular and strong sixteen year old girl? These so called plots have been done to death, and you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Obviously, you're limited with what you can do plotwise considering the salient point is a girl with big muscles and lots of strength, but it's not so difficult to come up with creative and interesting themes to explore, or at the least new takes on existing themes. You can subvert, avert, or even lampshape tropes to keep things fresh.

Secondly, let's work on dialog and voice. Too many times I read a story that's got some really shitty dialog that doesn't begin to capture how people actually talk. That takes me out of it when I see it. By voice I mean work on the narrative. Again, I often find the tone of the story hackneyed. It's like many authors rush to cram as much description in the beginning at once, and the descriptions is always perfectly accurate to the exact measurement. "I'm a 6'2" 200LBS guy, and she's a 6'7" 275LBS Amazon, etc..." Oh really? You have the innate ability to size up someone you've never met to the inch? It wouldn't be so awkward to include a measuring scene if you must have the figures in your story, but try not to casually drop numbers in the narrative out of context. Use more creatively vague descriptions to get the reader's mind's eye to picture what your characters look like. If you can hold our interest with imagination, then we don't need exact measurements.

God bless you, sir. When I've spent a ludicrous amount of time writing and re-writing then deleting then re-thinking then finally committing a single sentence - when all the while I know I can just say "She grew 18 inch biceps and looked like Alina Popa", this gives me hope that there are people who really do appreciate it.

Of course, I don't many of us can deny that this genre is what it is - ultimately a fetish. I totally agree with you with the fact that a well-rounded and believable character hulking out is far more appealing, but I do think there is a room for the 'quick fixes' that pop up fairly often. Does that make us a niche within a niche? I don't know - I'd rather we had much more solidarity as a tiny, obscure community of muscle writers, but different strokes for different folks, and that's totally cool, too.

NinjaStar

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.

I can't believe what I just read... Someone who actually gets it? Saints be praised! And while we're at it, can we drop the whole contrived circumstances the stories are centered around? For example, how many times do we have to read about the older brother younger sister thing, or the asshole high school football team that needs to be taught a lesson, or the creepy older man lusting after the inexplicably muscular and strong sixteen year old girl? These so called plots have been done to death, and you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Obviously, you're limited with what you can do plotwise considering the salient point is a girl with big muscles and lots of strength, but it's not so difficult to come up with creative and interesting themes to explore, or at the least new takes on existing themes. You can subvert, avert, or even lampshape tropes to keep things fresh.

Secondly, let's work on dialog and voice. Too many times I read a story that's got some really shitty dialog that doesn't begin to capture how people actually talk. That takes me out of it when I see it. By voice I mean work on the narrative. Again, I often find the tone of the story hackneyed. It's like many authors rush to cram as much description in the beginning at once, and the descriptions is always perfectly accurate to the exact measurement. "I'm a 6'2" 200LBS guy, and she's a 6'7" 275LBS Amazon, etc..." Oh really? You have the innate ability to size up someone you've never met to the inch? It wouldn't be so awkward to include a measuring scene if you must have the figures in your story, but try not to casually drop numbers in the narrative out of context. Use more creatively vague descriptions to get the reader's mind's eye to picture what your characters look like. If you can hold our interest with imagination, then we don't need exact measurements.

God bless you, sir. When I've spent a ludicrous amount of time writing and re-writing then deleting then re-thinking then finally committing a single sentence - when all the while I know I can just say "She grew 18 inch biceps and looked like Alina Popa", this gives me hope that there are people who really do appreciate it.

Of course, I don't many of us can deny that this genre is what it is - ultimately a fetish. I totally agree with you with the fact that a well-rounded and believable character hulking out is far more appealing, but I do think there is a room for the 'quick fixes' that pop up fairly often. Does that make us a niche within a niche? I don't know - I'd rather we had much more solidarity as a tiny, obscure community of muscle writers, but different strokes for different folks, and that's totally cool, too.

Poddy, you're probably one of the best authors this forum has right now. Of course it's appreciated. Most other stories are a solid block of typo-riddled text written by someone with the linguistic talents of a seven year old. There is a time and place for a quick fix, but the key is knowing when and when not to use them. Too many authors rely on on them to churn out a story and the end result is bog standard. I thoroughly enjoy the Pumpsuit story, and it's inspired me to get off my lazy ass to get writing again. If anything, I should be thanking you.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.