Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Help me remember UK FBB from 80s

Started by Boselectah, May 31, 2012, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boselectah

Sorry no photo but I'm wracking my brains trying to remember a fairly high profile lady in England from 80s. NOT Carolyn Cheshire but a girl from Batley in Yorkshire who popped up a bit in various media - was even used as a model in Argos catalogue for a while on exercise equipment pages. She had distictive hair too; blonde with a big brown streak in it. If anyone can remember her name we may be able to google some pics - she was well fit and I thought better muscled than Carolyn.
Cheers guys.

Boselectah

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

warlock12


Old Surehand



I ♥ Saradas

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

The Man

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Boselectah

Sorry guys...... no to all the above. Gordon Bennett; it's doing my head in... fact I bizarrely remember she came from Batley but can't remember her name is particularly galling!!

rbcs

It wasn't Lohani Rochi. How about Colleen Yates?
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

THFC


Boselectah

Nah - none of them.
If you ever feel a bit weird for appreciating muscular women let me tell you this.....
I spent a while over weekend trawling google and found some anoraks have scanned and uploaded images of old historic Argos catalogues to the internet?! Honestly, why would you even hoard 20/30 year-old Argos catalogues - blimey, when these people started hoarding there was no internet so there was no way at that point they would have conceived of uploading scans in the future.
Anyway, after going goggle-eyed looking at images of the old catalogues I still couldn't find her. I'll periodically trawl google in the hope of stumbling across her. I reckon she was knocking about 1985- 1987ish.

THFC

Thanks for getting me hooked into finding the answer.  :thanks:

How about Linda Middleton?  I'm not sure she's from Yorkshire but she maybe from close by.

If not her was it Loretta Lomax?  What about Bev Hahn?  Perhaps Claire Wheeler?  How about Della Shahabi/Wagnon?

Boselectah

Nope - still none of those I'm afraid. Don't sweat it chaps - I thought someone might just know or remember her. It was her hair that you'd remember: longish blonde bob with centre parting but a long brunette streak each side just forward of her ears. Deffo very early period of English FBBs too.
Anyway, not to worry.... it's probably one of those things I'll have to stop thinking about and then it'll randomly pop in my head.

daftpunk73


THFC

By jingo, I think he's got it.  The description does sound like Angela Graham.

ollie703

Speaking of British fbbs/strong ladies, I remember reading about a British powerlifter in the early/mid 1990s. She was pretty, brunette i think, not especially big, but was way ahead on the rankings, and even ahead of a lot of  men from the same weight class. Does it ring any bells? Another one was a pretty blonde, over 40, who appeared in the News of the world magazine. From Oxford possibly. Around 1998-2000ish. She apparently held powerlifting world records. Again anyone?

Boselectah

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Angela Graham
Get in! Well done fellah - have some karma!

Old Surehand

I'm surprised I didn't think of her. To jog some memories, here's a pic of her from the 80's and one recent one.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I also found this thread.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


I ♥ Saradas

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS