LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

JoJo Sinclair

Started by jameson, May 15, 2011, 08:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jameson

I found a video on youtube (if i remember well)
I think she's really superhot

Hope it's not a duplicate

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jojo sinclair 1992.flv (11.39 MB)   http://www.***********/EX3Q1Y91TG


femwrest

I still prefer Joan Liew.

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wonder what happened to her after her fall from grace. I wonder why she did not make a move to the US like Joanie did. :-\

TESTED POSITIVE
Jojo Sinclair, world lightweight body-building champion; for using steroids to enhance her performance at the world championships in Belgium; announced in Singapore Jan. 9. The first Asian woman to win a world body-building title, she has protested her innocence after a urine sample submitted for routine testing at last November's championships showed traces of the drug, stanazolol. Sinclair has requested a second test, to be held on Jan. 23. If tested positive again, she could be banned from competition for two years and stripped of her gold medal.

source
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ban Upheld Against Singapore's Doping Violator
Xinhua News Agency
May 1, 1996

The International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB) upheld the lifetime doping ban on Singapore's top women bodybuilder Jojo Sinclair, a newspaper reported here on Wednesday.

But the IFBB lifted the previous one-year suspension of the Singapore Bodybuilding Federation, the Straits Times said.

Jojo Sinclair tested positive for the banned substance Stanozolol at the World Bodybuilding Championships in Belgium last year.

source
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

more bad news...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HOWEVER
I think she got screwed by this guy...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When she won the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs there are clearly many other girls in her division that are on the juice. Take a look.
LightWeight
1     Jo Jo Sinclair   (Singapore)
2     Tülay Caner-Ozbek   (Turkey)
3     Iryna Petrenko   (Ukraine)
5     Ina Lopulesa   (Netherlands)
6     Patricia Veldman   (Netherlands)
7     Pam Kusar   (United States)
8     Angelina Cilione   (Italy)
9     Marina Vari   (Italy)
10     Katja Montejano   (Switzerland)
11     Verena Meier   (Switzerland)
12     Zhang Ping   (China)
13     Marisa Garrido   (Spain)
14     Monica Martins   (Brazil)
15     May Britt Aas   (Norway)


Jojo is on the right





Stanazolol or more commonly know as Winstrol is like the Pez of steriods...


Caerm98

Does anyone have any video footage besides this one?

Unicron

Seems she's doing quite well these days, well at least I hope so.

Quah Jee Jong (Jojo Sinclair)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

phy911

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seems she's doing quite well these days, well at least I hope so.
Quah Jee Jong (Jojo Sinclair)

Well done Unicron K+263

phy911









Same sequence different source. Resolution is 864x576. I used Twixtor plugin with Adobe After Effects to create tweens (in between frames which doubled the duration). Then I compressed the video to the original duration with double the frame rate. During the transitions and cuts to different shots Twixtor created some anomalies I deleted and replaced with frames from the original video.

Once the most amazing Asian competitors that received a raw deal. I would have loved to seen her compete on the pro level.

Video has been resized to 864x576 with precise bicubic A=-1.00
Frame rate is 59.94
Avi container with xvid compression


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

FBBrocks

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seems she's doing quite well these days, well at least I hope so.

Quah Jee Jong (Jojo Sinclair)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Too much muscle to be a marketing manager?   :D 

Well, good to hear she got a big brain too so she doesn't worry about how to put the food on the table. 

Unicron

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seems she's doing quite well these days, well at least I hope so.
Quah Jee Jong (Jojo Sinclair)

Well done Unicron K+263

Thanks! No problem. Although a short run in the sport, she left a lasting impression on me. It's interesting how her name still rings bells among some bodybuilding enthusiasts, competitors, and common folk throughout Asia. Till this day people still see make references to her on blogs and social media. The woman made an impression on a lot more people than most would expect. She's more popular now than she was a competitor.

Optimistically, I'll find some classic material (photos, videos, etc.) to post.

Unicron

@the street fighter

Amazing work once again.  :bravo: Thanks! K+++

Unicron

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still prefer Joan Liew.

I like Joan too (a lot), still JoJo's conditioning for her era as an Asian female bodybuilder from Singapore was breathtaking at the time. She was one of a kind. Hard, defined, and proportionate, the woman was ripped to shreds. Most importantly, she was pretty too. She smoked the competition in the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs, which had a notable field of competitors.

With that same look and attitude she could wipe the stage clean with some of the current girls of today, especially in Physique.

In my opinion, Joan is sexy, but reserved. Whereas, JoJo was ravishing and sassy in how she presented herself and performed, which to me enhanced her attractiveness. She had a style of her own and with a stage name like "JoJo Sinclair", I think it's safe to say she aspired to be someone of great significance in the sport or a celebrity type figure.

Alas, she was forced to leave bodybuilding on bad terms, but in turn she became an icon.

pumpfiction

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


I like Joan too (a lot), still JoJo's conditioning for her era as an Asian female bodybuilder from Singapore was breathtaking at the time. She was one of a kind. Hard, defined, and proportionate, the woman was ripped to shreds. Most importantly, she was pretty too. She smoked the competition in the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs, which had a notable field of competitors.

With that same look and attitude she could wipe the stage clean with some of the current girls of today, especially in Physique.

In my opinion, Joan is sexy, but reserved. Whereas, JoJo was ravishing and sassy in how she presented herself and performed, which to me enhanced her attractiveness. She had a style of her own and with a stage name like "JoJo Sinclair", I think it's safe to say she aspired to be someone of great significance in the sport or a celebrity type figure.

Alas, she was forced to leave bodybuilding on bad terms, but in turn she became an icon.

I definitively feel so nostalgic for the Women's bodybuilding of the late 80s-90s, a period which I don't hesitate to refer as the Golden Era of the sport. I mean, it was new, piqued media's curiosity and interest enough to get aired on TV. And its popularity wasn't limited to its American roots as evidenced by Ms Sinclair's successes at the international level. Asian athletes having a shot for the supreme title looks quite unheard of in the current IFBB scene (Due essentially to the gutting of FBBing and specifically LW classes where they usually excelled), save for the still fresh WBPF (See Malaysian Lilian Tan's recent string of successes there). Don't forget her contemporary fellow Singaporean Agnes Lee who still trains well over her 60s...

Clearly there's some solid WBBing tradition in this little Republic furthered by the likes of the absolutely stunning Suharni Mohammad these days.

Oh and another well-deserved K+ for SF for his new contribution.

femwrest

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still prefer Joan Liew.

I like Joan too (a lot), still JoJo's conditioning for her era as an Asian female bodybuilder from Singapore was breathtaking at the time. She was one of a kind. Hard, defined, and proportionate, the woman was ripped to shreds. Most importantly, she was pretty too. She smoked the competition in the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs, which had a notable field of competitors.

With that same look and attitude she could wipe the stage clean with some of the current girls of today, especially in Physique.

In my opinion, Joan is sexy, but reserved. Whereas, JoJo was ravishing and sassy in how she presented herself and performed, which to me enhanced her attractiveness. She had a style of her own and with a stage name like "JoJo Sinclair", I think it's safe to say she aspired to be someone of great significance in the sport or a celebrity type figure.

Alas, she was forced to leave bodybuilding on bad terms, but in turn she became an icon.
Its all about politics.  I recall she and a male bodybuilder has some issues with someone who allegedly pocketed their cash winnings and that somebody turned out to be quite influential in the sport and everything went downhill there after for Jojo and the guy.

Unicron

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


I like Joan too (a lot), still JoJo's conditioning for her era as an Asian female bodybuilder from Singapore was breathtaking at the time. She was one of a kind. Hard, defined, and proportionate, the woman was ripped to shreds. Most importantly, she was pretty too. She smoked the competition in the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs, which had a notable field of competitors.

With that same look and attitude she could wipe the stage clean with some of the current girls of today, especially in Physique.

In my opinion, Joan is sexy, but reserved. Whereas, JoJo was ravishing and sassy in how she presented herself and performed, which to me enhanced her attractiveness. She had a style of her own and with a stage name like "JoJo Sinclair", I think it's safe to say she aspired to be someone of great significance in the sport or a celebrity type figure.

Alas, she was forced to leave bodybuilding on bad terms, but in turn she became an icon.

I definitively feel so nostalgic for the Women's bodybuilding of the late 80s-90s, a period which I don't hesitate to refer as the Golden Era of the sport. I mean, it was new, piqued media's curiosity and interest enough to get aired on TV. And its popularity wasn't limited to its American roots as evidenced by Ms Sinclair's successes at the international level. Asian athletes having a shot for the supreme title looks quite unheard of in the current IFBB scene (Due essentially to the gutting of FBBing and specifically LW classes where they usually excelled), save for the still fresh WBPF (See Malaysian Lilian Tan's recent string of successes there). Don't forget her contemporary fellow Singaporean Agnes Lee who still trains well over her 60s...

Clearly there's some solid WBBing tradition in this little Republic furthered by the likes of the absolutely stunning Suharni Mohammad these days.

Oh and another well-deserved K+ for SF for his new contribution.

I agree wholeheartedly. Funny that you mentioned the 80's-90's being the Golden era, because I was just talking to a close friend (ex girlfriend) about how women's bodybuilding was aired on T.V. frequently. In fact, I hardly remember any male contests being televised. Granted there were a few, but none were memorable, besides the Mr. Olympia being televised in the 80's (my introduction to the sport). For me at least, it seems that many bodybuilders (amateur and pro) from that era are more iconic these days than they were then. Where as, today's competitors aren't as striking or leave much of an impression like the bodybuilders (male and female) of old. For ex, a national level competitor like Danielle LeRoy is much more likely to be unforgettable and appealing to most of us (old school types) than someone like current IFBB pro Heather Grace. Hope that all made sense.

Asian female bodybuilders are excelling fast, but are limited in opportunities to compete outside of Asia, particularly in the U.S. Joan Liew, Lillian Tan, Melly Sevoy, Shania Kurniati, Suharni Mohammad, Jaranya Dungkam, Doreen Yeo, Yeon Woo Jhi and so many more could have a big impact in American bodybuilding if the women's divisions weren't gutted on a grand scale.  Joan is a great example of this, she's was runner up at the 2013 Arnold Amateur - IFBB, Heavyweight, won the 2014 Arnold Amateur - IFBB, Physique B, and won the 2016 Arnold Amateur Asia (irrelevant to region, but the competition and competitors were elite nonetheless) - IFBB, Physique Winner.

Sadly, I never expected women's bodybuilding to go down such a steep slope so rapidly in these days and times.

Unicron

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still prefer Joan Liew.

I like Joan too (a lot), still JoJo's conditioning for her era as an Asian female bodybuilder from Singapore was breathtaking at the time. She was one of a kind. Hard, defined, and proportionate, the woman was ripped to shreds. Most importantly, she was pretty too. She smoked the competition in the lightweight class of the IFBB Worlds Amateurs, which had a notable field of competitors.

With that same look and attitude she could wipe the stage clean with some of the current girls of today, especially in Physique.

In my opinion, Joan is sexy, but reserved. Whereas, JoJo was ravishing and sassy in how she presented herself and performed, which to me enhanced her attractiveness. She had a style of her own and with a stage name like "JoJo Sinclair", I think it's safe to say she aspired to be someone of great significance in the sport or a celebrity type figure.

Alas, she was forced to leave bodybuilding on bad terms, but in turn she became an icon.
Its all about politics.  I recall she and a male bodybuilder has some issues with someone who allegedly pocketed their cash winnings and that somebody turned out to be quite influential in the sport and everything went downhill there after for Jojo and the guy.

The corruption of some the people involved in this sport and culture never ceases to amaze me. That's unfortunate.