⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

The Elimination of FBB after 2011

Started by BrandiMae, March 11, 2011, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicron

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like figure and fitness as much as the next muscle lovin' guy but to me when the women are doing anything besides the fitness routine it just reminds of the Hawaiian Tropic, but with broader shoulders ;D

I know what you mean. LOL Actually, their was a girl on the "Dating Game" with Chuck Woolery during the 90's, who said that she was a Hawaiian Tropics champion. I think her name was "Nanushka". Anyway, she was Afro-Cuban and was hands down one of the baddest women I have ever seen on that show. She had so much sex appeal and kept showing off her muscles on the show. At first, I thought she was just a fitness enthusiast or maybe competitor, but when she announced that she was the reigning Hawaiian Tropics girls champion, I never looked at that contest/pageant the same way. She ended up getting picked. Even Chuck was drooling over her. LOL ;D 

Unicron

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

westernport

I don't like to be cynical, but this is all about money.

Well, in a sense that more competitors are now being brought into the fold in terms of IFBB member fees, down into the NPC and other federations around the world. More competitors equals more money, and the with the WPD and Men's Physique, that's even more revenue to bring into the fold.

I don't see women's bodybuilding ever dying or going away in terms of competitions; really, I think it will be just further marginalized.

On a completely different topic...

I do find it interesting the sport of bodybuilding, figure and fitness has been exempt from the "so-called" recession. It seems like other sports have been impacted, but the bodybuilding/fitness industry as a whole has not.

asianfitnessfan

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't like to be cynical, but this is all about money.

Well, in a sense that more competitors are now being brought into the fold in terms of IFBB member fees, down into the NPC and other federations around the world. More competitors equals more money, and the with the WPD and Men's Physique, that's even more revenue to bring into the fold.

I don't see women's bodybuilding ever dying or going away in terms of competitions; really, I think it will be just further marginalized.

On a completely different topic...

I do find it interesting the sport of bodybuilding, figure and fitness has been exempt from the "so-called" recession. It seems like other sports have been impacted, but the bodybuilding/fitness industry as a whole has not.

As I wrote earlier, the revenue stream is not about contests, it is about who owns the "muscle" brand and most importantly-- the accompanying images.  The images fuel the aspiration that motivates people to spend $50 on supplements (something the average gymgoer does not at all need). 

As far as a recession-- which sports have been affected by the recession?  None that I know of.  It's merchandise sales attached to the sports... a football fan can buy a shirt with a team and a number on it... a bodybuilding fan buys powder with a weider logo on it...