Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

The holiday job

Started by watson2022, October 11, 2025, 03:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watson2022

Mike hadn't expected much from the interview—certainly not anything memorable. He was just trying to line up a holiday job between university terms, something simple to earn a bit of money and stay productive. The office was quiet, tucked between a café and a closed-down bookstore, and the atmosphere inside was warm but nondescript. He was shown to a small meeting room, and a moment later the door opened and in walked Louise. She was in her early forties, maybe a little older, with a composed confidence in the way she moved and spoke. Dressed in a fitted blouse and a dark skirt, she looked professional, polished... but there was something else. Mike couldn't put his finger on it at first—maybe it was how her sleeves sat just a little too snug at the upper arms, or how the line of her blouse seemed to shift as she sat, as though something under the fabric resisted the drape.

As she began the interview, Mike found it difficult to focus entirely on her words. He was picking up on details now—the subtle shape of her delts beneath the fabric when she reached across the desk, the quiet firmness in her forearms as she held a pen. It wasn't obvious, nothing exaggerated, but he noticed. And he doubted anyone who wasn't fascinated by muscular women would have seen it at all. That was the part that made him second-guess himself: Am I imagining this? he wondered. He'd spent so much time admiring strong women online, in videos, in competitions, in fitness articles—but he'd never met one in real life. Not like this. Not someone who looked like they could still step onto a bodybuilding stage and dominate, yet sat calmly across from him in office wear, asking about his availability over the holidays.

Louise, for her part, said nothing, but there was something in her eyes. She wasn't just reading his CV—she was reading him. Now and then, she shifted her posture in small, precise ways. A slow stretch of her arm to adjust her sleeve, a slight turn of her torso that made her blouse tighten over her back, a light roll of her shoulders as if to ease tension. All of it casual. All of it perfectly natural. But each movement revealed hints of a physique far beyond ordinary. Mike kept trying not to stare, willing his focus back to her questions, but he couldn't help the way his eyes flickered briefly to her arms, her shoulders, the line of her figure. Louise said nothing. She only smiled now and then, as if enjoying a private joke. And though she made no direct comment, the deliberate grace of her movements—the slight pause before uncrossing her legs, the way she folded her arms just tight enough across her chest—felt like quiet signals. She knew. She didn't need to say it. She could feel it in the way he watched her, trying not to. And for now, she let the tension build, wordless and unspoken.


watson2022

Mike couldn't stop glancing at Louise. She was an older woman, probably in her early forties, and at first glance, she appeared every bit the polished professional in a fitted blouse and dark skirt. There was nothing unusual about her—at least, nothing obvious. But as the conversation drifted along, as she reached for her pen or adjusted her posture, Mike's mind couldn't help but focus on the small, subtle flexes that seemed to ripple beneath her blouse.

She was muscular. There was no question about it. It wasn't overt, and it wasn't obvious to someone who wasn't paying attention, but Mike had been watching—really watching—and he could see it. The way her arms tensed when she moved, the soft strain of muscle beneath the fabric, the faint shift of her shoulders that hinted at something far more powerful than what she let on.

At first, he tried to force his mind back on the interview. She was asking him about his availability over the holidays. But the thought of the muscle she was hiding underneath the fabric was eating at him.

Louise saw it.

"Mike," she said, her voice low and teasing, pulling him from his thoughts. "You've been looking at me, haven't you?"

He flushed. Had he been that obvious? He tried to apologize, to focus more on what she was saying. But she wasn't letting him off the hook that easily.

"Oh, it's fine," she continued, a sly smile spreading across her face. "I can tell when someone's staring at my arms. You're probably trying to imagine how much muscle is hidden underneath all this," she said, gesturing to her blouse with a casual flick of her hand. "It's a bit of a surprise, isn't it? When you first see me, you don't expect it. But trust me, I can see it in your eyes. You're wondering just how strong I am, aren't you?"

Mike couldn't even hide it anymore. The words she spoke made his pulse quicken. He was wondering. He had been trying to keep his thoughts in check, but she was right—his eyes kept flicking to her arms, the way they shifted under the fabric with each small motion she made.

Louise leaned forward slightly, just enough for her biceps to subtly flex beneath her sleeves. The small, muscular shape of her arms, the way they tightened ever so slightly as she adjusted her position, was enough to make Mike's imagination run wild. He wanted to know—just how much muscle did she have?

"You know, Mike," she said, her voice taking on a playful, almost teasing quality. "I'm not exactly used to this kind of attention. Most people look at me and don't really notice the muscles until I move a certain way. It's not something I advertise." She smiled knowingly, eyes narrowing just a bit. "But I can tell you're not like everyone else. You're wondering what I look like when I'm really flexing. You're probably imagining the way my biceps swell, how solid they must feel, aren't you?"

Mike froze. It was like she could read his thoughts. He hadn't meant to be so obvious, but here she was, knowing exactly what was running through his mind.

Louise seemed to enjoy the effect she was having on him. "I get it. When you see a woman like me, someone who's not exactly the type you see on fitness blogs or magazine covers, it's hard to know what to think." She paused, leaning in just a little, her biceps shifting under the fabric. "But when I'm really pumped... that's when the real surprise happens." She looked at him pointedly, her gaze daring him to ask. "Want to know what that looks like?"

Mike could barely breathe. He wanted to ask, wanted to know how big she really was under those clothes, but something told him he shouldn't push it too much.

Louise noticed his hesitation and smiled wider, clearly enjoying the fact that she had him hooked. "I'll tell you, Mike. No need to imagine it." She seemed almost amused by the way his eyes flickered to her arms again, trying to sneak a glance at the muscle beneath the fabric. "When I'm pumped up, my biceps are 17 inches. 17 solid inches of muscle," she said it matter-of-factly, as if it was nothing extraordinary.

Mike's mouth went dry. Seventeen inches? He couldn't even process it. How was it possible that someone as small as her—at just 5 foot 1—could have biceps that size? It was almost unbelievable. But here she was, casually talking about it like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Louise clearly noticed the way his eyes widened. She leaned back, clearly enjoying the effect she had on him. "It's not just size, though. It's density. My muscles don't just look big—they feel big, Mike. They're dense. When I'm pumped, my biceps feel like rock. I could probably bench press 140 kilos without breaking a sweat."

Mike could hardly process the words. 140 kilos? She was strong enough to bench 140 kilos at just 5 foot 1? His mind couldn't keep up with the sheer size, strength, and power she was describing. He had imagined women like this in videos, had fantasized about the power of a muscular woman, but hearing Louise talk about it so casually—so modestly—was something else entirely.

"You probably don't believe me, do you?" she said with a soft laugh. "I don't blame you. You don't see women like me every day, do you? And I don't go around flexing or showing off. But when I do get pumped up, I'm stronger than most men twice my size."

Her words were like a punch to the gut. Mike could hardly breathe, could barely think, as images of her flexing—of those 17-inch biceps swollen with strength, of her small frame packing more muscle than he'd ever imagined—raced through his mind.

"I can tell you're dying to see it," Louise added, her tone light, teasing, but with a knowing edge. "You want to know what it looks like when I'm flexing. You want to feel my muscles, see how dense they are. I can see it in your eyes. Don't worry, Mike. One of these days, you'll get the chance to find out. You'll see exactly what I mean."

Mike was speechless. She knew. She knew how much she was teasing him, how much she was making him ache with desire to see just how big and powerful she really was. And she was loving every second of it.

Louise smiled, a small, satisfied smile, and leaned back in her chair. She didn't have to say anything more. She could see the effect her words had on him, and that was enough. For now, at least.

ChatGPT said:

Mike's pulse raced, his mind a whirl of confusion and excitement. He wasn't sure how to process the way Louise was talking. There was something in the way she spoke about herself—her strength, her muscles—that he just couldn't ignore. But it wasn't just the words that were catching him off guard. It was her confidence, the way she owned her body like it was something extraordinary, something he'd never seen before.

Louise sat back in her chair, a small smile tugging at her lips as she noticed the way Mike was looking at her. It wasn't just curiosity—it was something else, something deeper that she couldn't quite place, but it made her feel like she was the only person in the room.

"You know, Mike," she said, her voice light but full of challenge, "I can tell you're not really paying attention to the interview. You're much more interested in what I've got going on under these clothes than anything on my resume, aren't you?"

Mike's cheeks flushed a deep red, and he stammered, trying to find the right words to defend himself. But Louise didn't give him a chance.

"I'm not used to this kind of attention," she continued, her tone teasing, but there was something undeniably genuine in her voice. "I mean, I've had compliments before, sure, but nothing like this. It's kind of... nice, actually. Not every day does a young guy like you get so interested in my muscles."

Mike didn't know how to respond. He didn't mean to stare, but Louise was so open about it all—so comfortable in her own skin. It made him feel awkward and mesmerized at the same time.

Louise shifted slightly in her chair, folding her arms across her chest in that way that made her biceps flex just enough to catch Mike's eye. "You're not imagining things, Mike," she said, her voice dropping to a lower register, almost seductive. "I know you're thinking about it. Wondering. I can see it in your eyes."

The heat in Mike's face surged again, and he swallowed hard, his breath coming in quick, shallow gasps. Louise wasn't holding back. She was challenging him, pushing him to admit what he was thinking, but he couldn't bring himself to say it out loud.

She leaned forward, just a little, her gaze locking with his. "You want to see more, don't you? You want to see what these muscles of mine look like when I really get going. You want to see what I look like when I'm all pumped up, flexing hard, right?"

Mike couldn't answer. His mouth was dry, his thoughts scattered. But Louise didn't need him to answer. She knew.

"I can tell you've been imagining it," she said, almost whispering now, her voice teasing but intimate. "How solid they are. How strong. You're probably wondering how thick my biceps really are. How much power's hiding underneath this blouse, aren't you?"

The idea of it was almost too much to process. Louise, so casually describing her muscles, made everything feel real in a way he wasn't prepared for. He had no experience with women like her—confident, strong, owning their power—and the fact that she was letting him into this part of her world was both thrilling and terrifying.

"You know," Louise continued, her voice taking on an even more confident, playful tone, "I don't usually do this. I don't just show off for anyone. But... I can see you're curious. You really want to see what I'm capable of, don't you?"

Mike's heart thudded in his chest as she leaned in, her smile widening as she saw his reaction. He was completely caught, hooked by her words, and Louise knew it.

She chuckled softly, then slowly stood up. "I could stand up right now. Slip off my jacket, and show you what these muscles look like when they're fully pumped. Maybe even flex a little for you. What do you think?"

The words hung in the air, and Mike's mouth went dry. His mind was screaming for him to say something—anything—but all he could do was stare at her, lost in the thought of what she might actually look like in that moment. The idea of her, so casually offering a glimpse of her power, was too overwhelming.

Louise paused, enjoying the moment of control she had over him, watching him squirm. "I can see it in your eyes, Mike. You want it. But maybe we'll save that for another time, huh? For now... I'll leave you to wonder. And believe me, it's a good feeling knowing you're thinking about it."

She gave him one last, lingering look. The tension in the room thickened as she returned to her chair, her eyes twinkling with a playful, knowing glint. "You've got a lot of imagining to do, Mike. But one of these days... maybe I'll give you the chance to see for yourself. But for now? Consider this a little taste."

Mike was left sitting there, stunned and speechless, caught between the fantasy of what could be and the reality of what was happening right in front of him. He didn't know what to expect next—but one thing was certain: this wasn't over. Not by a long shot.

watson2022

Louise flashed a playful grin as she stood up, her movements smooth and deliberate. She reached for her jacket, unbuttoning it slowly, letting the fabric slip from her shoulders with casual ease. Her eyes met Mike's, and she could see his gaze already fixed on her arms, a mix of curiosity and something else—a little more intense—making it impossible for her to miss.

"Hope you're ready for a bit of a surprise," she said, her voice light and teasing. "Not exactly something you'd read about in my resume."

With a sly smile, Louise lifted her arms, flexing them just enough for the muscles to swell and tighten visibly. Her biceps bulged, veins running along her arms as the power in her muscles became undeniable. She held the flex, watching Mike's expression shift from surprise to awe, clearly captivated by the sight.

"Definitely not your usual office attire, huh?" she said, her tone playful but relaxed. "I don't often show off like this. But for you? I figured I'd make an exception."

Mike was completely still, his mouth dry, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight. He'd never seen anything like it—never imagined this side of Louise, and certainly hadn't expected it in the middle of an interview.

Louise let out a soft laugh, clearly enjoying the effect she was having on him. She flexed again, making her biceps grow even larger, muscles tight and defined. "I can see you wondering," she teased, her voice warm but teasing. "How strong are they? How solid? What's it like to have muscles like these? Bet you didn't think you'd be seeing this today."

She took a step closer, her smile widening as she relaxed her flex and let her arms fall back to her sides. "I guess it's not every day you see a woman like me. One who's put in the work to build something like this. But trust me, Mike, this is just a preview. I'm capable of a lot more."

Mike opened his mouth, but no words came out—he was too stunned, too caught up in the unexpected sight. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Louise wasn't just a professional. She was strong, confident, and had a presence that made everything else fade into the background.

Louise watched him with a knowing smile, then dropped her arms, letting the flex fade but still leaving her muscles subtly on display. "Don't worry, Mike," she said softly, her voice still playful but carrying an edge of something more serious. "I'm not here to overwhelm you. Just thought you might appreciate a little sneak peek into the work I've put in. You know, a bit of muscle to go with the qualifications."

She stepped back, giving him space as she began to slip her jacket back on, smoothly rebuttoning it without a hint of awkwardness. She gave him one last look, her expression mischievous. "But don't get too used to it. Not everyone gets to see this side of me. Maybe next time, if you're really curious, we can talk more about it."

Just as she finished buttoning her jacket, she gave a quick wink, her smile lingering a little longer than usual. "But, for now, let's get back to the interview, yeah?"

She moved to sit back down at her desk, smoothing out her blouse as she did. But before Mike could fully recover from what had just happened, there was a soft knock on the door.

The assistant walked in, carrying two cups of coffee on a small tray. As she set them down on the table, Louise's expression shifted to one of mischief. She gave Mike a quick glance, her smile cheeky, as if she'd been in on some inside joke the whole time.

Mike, still bright red and trying to gather himself, shifted uncomfortably in his chair. He could feel the heat of his blush spreading down his neck as he tried—and failed—to act like nothing had just happened.

Louise took a sip of her coffee with a satisfied grin, enjoying the subtle power she had over the situation. She glanced at Mike again, her eyes twinkling. "Alright then, Mike. Let's get back to it. You were saying about your experience with project management?"

Mike cleared his throat, trying to focus, but the image of Louise—her strength, her confidence, her teasing smile—was still swirling in his head, making it almost impossible to think straight.

watson2022



The interview was winding down, but Mike still couldn't quite shake the feeling that something was... off. Every time he looked up, he caught Emma watching him with a subtle smirk, as though she knew something he didn't. It wasn't like before—when she'd shown him a glimpse of her own strength. This time, there was a new element to the tension.
Then, the door opened, and in walked Mia. She was shorter than Emma but radiated the same level of confidence. She wore a fitted black blazer and slim trousers, the kind of corporate attire which was so common. Her dark hair was pulled back neatly, and her makeup was minimal but perfectly done. She looked every bit the professional.
Mike had no idea what Emma was getting at, but the moment Mia extended her hand with a smile, he couldn't help but feel that same pull of curiosity. Mia's demeanor was calm, collected, and... unassuming.
"Hi, Mike. I'm Mia," she said, her voice calm and friendly, almost too calm. "Emma mentioned you were here for an interview."
Mike, trying to shake off the odd feeling from earlier, stood up to shake her hand. "Nice to meet you, Mia. Emma said you've been with the company since last summer?"
"Yeah, that's right," Mia replied as she sat down beside Emma, folding her hands in her lap. "I've been helping with a few of the larger projects. It's been a good experience."
She asked him a few more questions about his experience managing teams, staying focused, and handling high-pressure situations, but Mike's mind was somewhere else. Emma's playful comments about her team kept running through his head, and he couldn't help but feel like he was missing something.
"So," Emma said, glancing at Mike with a teasing smile. "Mia here is one of our key team members. She's got a pretty unique approach to staying focused. Handles pressure like a pro."
Mike nodded, still trying to focus on the conversation. "Yeah, that's important. Staying calm under pressure is key."
"Exactly," Emma said, her voice almost a little too casual. "Mia is definitely used to managing a lot of stress. But you know what's really impressive?" Emma leaned forward slightly, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Mia's got this... discipline that's hard to ignore. I'm not talking about work discipline, though. I'm talking about a different kind of focus. A kind of... personal discipline."
Mike furrowed his brow, unsure where Emma was going with this. "Personal discipline?" he asked.
Mia, still sitting calmly beside Emma, didn't give anything away. She simply nodded. "I believe consistency is key. Whether it's at work or in personal life. It's about building over time."
Emma's eyes flicked to Mike, then back to Mia, a small smile curving her lips. "Yeah. Mia's got some incredible discipline. You'd be surprised at how much dedication she puts into... everything. But I don't think Mike would be surprised. I think he's noticed already, don't you, Mike?"
Mike blinked, caught off guard. "Noticed? I'm not—what do you mean?"
Emma's smile grew wider, and she looked between Mike and Mia, clearly enjoying the moment. "Oh, you've noticed," she teased, her voice light but with an edge of amusement. "I've seen you sneaking glances at Mia. Can't say I blame you—she's got that... look. I mean, I saw you staring at her arms a couple of times already."
Mike's face turned bright red. "I—I wasn't staring."
Emma raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Oh really? Because it looked like you couldn't tear your eyes away. I get it though, Mike. It's hard to hide your attraction to... well, muscle. That's something I haven't experienced before, but I'm kind of loving it. It's a little flattering, don't you think?"
Mike, now completely embarrassed, tried to find his words. "I wasn't—sorry, I wasn't trying to... I didn't mean—"
Emma waved him off with a playful laugh. "Relax, Mike. I'm just messing with you. It's cute. You're clearly fascinated by Mia's... presence."
Mia, for the first time, gave a small, knowing smile, but she stayed quiet, clearly enjoying the playful banter Emma was weaving. She glanced at Mike, her eyes calm but somehow sharp, taking in his reaction without a word.
Emma turned to Mia then, her grin widening. "So, Mia," she said, her voice lowering slightly as if sharing a secret, "how do you feel about being... noticed like that? I mean, Mike's clearly had a hard time hiding the fact that he's a little distracted. I think he's pretty taken with the whole, uh... 'muscle' thing. You'd be okay with that, right?"
Mia, still composed, gave a small, almost teasing smile of her own. "I'm used to it. It's hard not to be noticed, sometimes."
"Oh, I bet," Emma replied with a knowing look. "But seriously, Mia. I think we should show Mike what we're talking about. Let's give him a little... preview."
Mike's heart rate quickened. What did Emma mean by that?
Before he could react, Emma stood up and casually gestured for Mia to do the same. "Mia, why don't you show Mike what you've got? I think he's really curious now, don't you?"
Mia, still cool and reserved, took a moment to adjust her blazer, but instead of pulling it tighter or sitting back down, she slipped it off her shoulders with a smooth, deliberate motion. It fell neatly onto the chair behind her, leaving her in just her blouse and trousers.
Mike's eyes widened, a nervous tension building in his chest. He couldn't quite place it, but something had shifted. Mia stood there for a moment, just exuding quiet confidence. The blouse clung to her frame, and Mike could already see the faintest hints of muscle beneath the fabric, but it wasn't until Mia raised her arm slowly, flexing her bicep that the full revelation hit.
Mike's mouth went dry as he watched her arm swell, the muscle tightening and bulging with surprising strength. The definition in her arm was undeniable, and Mike found himself staring, unable to look away. Her bicep was perfectly sculpted—rounded, hard, and strong. The sight was a mix of awe and disbelief, and Mike couldn't quite process the fact that this unassuming woman had the kind of muscle that could rival any professional athlete.
Emma, leaning back in her chair with a satisfied smile, looked at Mike. "Well? How's that for a flex?"
Mia relaxed her arm, her face as calm as ever. She didn't seem to be showing off—she was just... revealing something she already knew was there. It wasn't about impressing anyone. It was just who she was.
Emma, still watching Mike's reaction, let out a soft chuckle. "I think Mike's a little impressed. You can't say you didn't notice that, right, Mike?"
Mike, his face red, could only nod. "I didn't expect that," he said quietly, still trying to wrap his mind around what he had just seen.
Emma laughed, clearly enjoying the reaction. "Well, now you know. Mia's got quite the presence. Not bad for someone who looks so unassuming at first, huh?"
Mia gave a small, satisfied smile, her quiet confidence settling back into place as she slipped her jacket back on. She gave Mike a final, casual glance. "Don't worry, Mike. It's no big deal."
Mike was still in shock, but Emma's teasing voice broke through his thoughts. "Oh, I think it's a huge deal. But hey, don't feel bad. I've noticed that look on a lot of people's faces. It's kind of fun, honestly."
The conversation shifted back to business, but Mike couldn't help but be more aware of the presence of the two women—one who had just revealed her amazing physique, and the other who was clearly loving the teasing she had just set up.
Mike had done plenty of interviews before. He prided himself on being composed — measured, even. But something about this one was... different.
Ever since Mia stepped into the room, there'd been a quiet hum in the air. She was polite, soft-spoken, focused — the kind of person you might not look twice at in the hallway, especially with her conservative officewear concealing everything underneath. But there was something in the way she moved: smooth, deliberate, like someone who knew exactly what she was capable of.
Still, he hadn't expected what came next.
Emma, lounging casually behind her desk, had noticed. She glanced between Mike and Mia, her grin sharpening just slightly.
"You know," she said, drawing out the words, "I've never seen someone look quite so... captivated. Not in a job interview, at least."
Mike shifted in his seat. "I—sorry. I didn't mean to be distracting."
Mia turned slightly toward him, tilting her head. "Distracting?" Her voice was calm, even.
Emma chuckled. "Oh, don't let him backtrack. He's been locked in since you stepped in, Mia. You should've seen his face when you took your jacket off."
Mike opened his mouth to protest — but he didn't really have a defense. The second Mia's blazer had come off, revealing the subtle, sculpted outlines through her fitted blouse, something in him had paused. Not just admiration — something deeper, less easy to name.
Mia looked at him more closely now. Not judgmental — just observant. "Really?" she said quietly.
He hesitated, then nodded. "I've just... never seen someone like you."
Emma raised an eyebrow, amused. "Oh, he's hooked."
Mia gave a small, thoughtful smile — not smug, not flirtatious. Almost surprised. "I'm not really used to that," she admitted. "Usually people try not to look. Or they stare and then look away like it's something to hide."
Mike shook his head slowly. "There's nothing to hide."
Something shifted in her posture — just slightly. A quiet confidence uncoiling. She seemed to sit taller. Her eyes met his, curious now.
"I came straight from a posing session," she said. "Didn't have time to change. Figured I'd keep the jacket on. Guess I didn't quite succeed in keeping things under wraps."
Emma leaned in, smiling. "You really want to tell me Mike's not dying to know what's under that blouse?"
Mike flushed slightly, but didn't look away. "If she wants to show me, I'd be honored. If not... I already respect what I can see."
Mia's smile grew — not playful, not mocking, just real. She unbuttoned her cuffs slowly, then reached for the edge of her blouse and rolled her sleeve up just enough to reveal her forearm. It was dense with muscle — not bulky, but refined and incredibly sculpted. As she flexed lightly, the shape of it changed, coiling with tension, veins pressing faintly against her skin.
Mike's breath caught. He wasn't staring — not rudely — but he couldn't stop looking.
Mia noticed. "That look again," she murmured. "It's still new. But I think I like it."
She rolled the other sleeve up, then slowly raised her arm and curled it — not a full flex, just enough to let the definition come alive. Her bicep rose visibly beneath the soft light of the office. It wasn't exaggerated — it was earned. Carved.
And Mike felt it — not just as admiration, but something else. Something electric. Something stirring. It wasn't about just seeing a body; it was about the story behind it, the years of effort written into every contour of her arm. He didn't know how to explain it — but he knew he wouldn't forget it.
Mia held the flex a moment longer, watching him. "You're still staring."
"I know," he said quietly. "I think I could for a while."
Emma whistled, mock-impressed. "Well, someone's not afraid to say what he thinks."
Mia relaxed her arm and leaned slightly forward. "You know," she said to Mike, her tone a touch lower, "I didn't think I'd enjoy this. The attention, I mean. But seeing your reaction... it's actually kind of nice."
There was a pause — not awkward, just charged — before Emma broke in again, her grin unapologetic. "Alright, we can circle back to resumes and references later. But I'd say we just uncovered a pretty strong point of connection."
Mia glanced at Mike again. There was warmth in her eyes now. "Maybe not what I expected from a morning meeting," she said, "but I'm not complaining."
Neither was he.
The interview wrapped up with the usual formalities, but the energy in the room had clearly shifted.
Emma stood, stretching casually. "Well," she said with a grin, "I think that just about covers it for now. Mike, feel free to stick around for a minute if you've got any follow-ups. I've got a call to jump on."
Mike glanced at Mia, then nodded. "Sure, I can do that."
Emma gave them both a look — something between playful and knowing — before slipping out and closing the door softly behind her.
For a moment, the office was quiet. Mia leaned back in her chair, her sleeves still rolled up, the faint outline of muscle visible along her forearms. Her posture was relaxed, but there was an energy to her now that hadn't been there earlier. As if something about the exchange had made her more comfortable — or more curious.
Mike cleared his throat lightly. "Hope I wasn't too much of a distraction."
She looked at him, eyes steady. "You were. A little."
Mike started to apologize, but she smiled before he could.
"But not in a bad way," she added. "Honestly, it caught me off guard. People usually don't react like that."
He nodded. "I think it just surprised me. You walked in looking... I mean, professional. Confident. But I didn't expect—" He gestured loosely toward her arms, still not quite sure how to say it without sounding foolish.
Mia finished the sentence for him. "That I was a bodybuilder."
He gave a sheepish smile. "Yeah. Not exactly the usual pre-meeting prep."
"I know," she said. "I was posing this morning — it's part of my prep for a show. I was running late, didn't have time to change, so I kept the posing suit on under the blouse. Wasn't planning to let anyone see it." She paused. "But Emma clearly had other ideas."
He laughed softly, the tension easing. "She does seem to enjoy stirring things up."
"She does." Mia looked at him again, more thoughtful now. "But I'm kind of glad she did. It's... interesting, seeing someone react the way you did."
Mike leaned forward slightly. "What do you mean?"
Mia glanced down at her arms, then back at him. "It's not that people don't notice. They do. But they look for a second, then look away. Or they ask awkward questions. Or pretend it doesn't exist. You didn't do any of that. You just looked. Like you were trying to understand it."
"I was," Mike said. "Still am."
She raised an eyebrow. "What is it you're trying to understand?"
He hesitated. Then: "What it's like to put in that kind of work. To carry that much with you. I've always admired discipline — real commitment. I just... didn't realize how much it would affect me when I saw it up close."
Mia tilted her head slightly, a small smile forming. "Affect you how?"
He met her eyes, and for a moment, he didn't try to hide it. "You're strong. That's obvious. But there's something else. You carry it like it belongs to you. Like you're not trying to impress anyone. It's just who you are."
Mia looked at him for a moment, something unreadable flickering in her expression — not surprise, not disbelief. Something closer to appreciation.
"That's probably the best way anyone's ever put it," she said softly.
A pause stretched between them. Not awkward — just full of the quiet weight of connection. Then she added, almost offhand, "You know, I'm due for another posing session later today. If you're curious... you could stop by the gym after work. It's not far."
Mike blinked. "Are you serious?"
She nodded, casually but with intent. "Sure. You seemed like you wanted to understand more. You'd see what it really takes. And if you ask questions like that... I think you'd get it."
He didn't answer right away — just smiled, the kind that comes when you know you've just been offered something rare. Something meaningful.
"I'd like that," he said.
Mia stood, gathering her jacket without rushing. "Then I'll see you there."
As she walked past him toward the door, Mike stood too, watching her go. Not just impressed — drawn in. Curious. Interested in more than what had caught his eye first.
Before she stepped out, Mia glanced over her shoulder, her expression easy and calm. "By the way," she added, "I didn't mind the way you looked at me."
And then she was gone.