⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

= Meta discussion = - Content tags could be included with stories

Started by fred.pert, October 20, 2023, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.pert


Surely I can't be the only one who gets frustrated when I'm 15 -30 minutes invested in a long read when suddenly the story takes an unexpected turn and goes into kinks that are a complete turn off for me.   :o :(


What do you guys think about a collective effort from the authors AND readers to tag the stories we post and the stories we read. I bet the readers would give Karma to anyone who takes the time to help. ;D


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


1dave100

For me, I think it would be helpful.  As was mentioned, I'm not a big fan of certain genres of stories and tend to skip those.  It would be easier if an effort was made to note that for the reader.  Some authors will put a paragraph at the beginning that mentions those, and it is appreciated. 

Kujarer

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
... I think it would be helpful ...  Some authors will put a paragraph at the beginning that mentions those, and it is appreciated ...

Some excellent ideas, 'fred' and '1dave'. Not entirely new, though...  =>  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tags and a synopsis would be expected, perhaps even required, just as previews are in nearly all areas of the Forum at present.

Another practice that would be helpful, altho' probably not practical, is when an author starts posting an ongoing story--one that hasn't been completed--they consider marking it as such, e.g.: #WIP, or similar. Example [here's one that's still incomplete, AFAIK, 16 years later]:
  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When the story is finished, the author would remove the #WIP marking, or, if said author isn't at a membership level with that privilege, engage a Moderator to make that change. I'm not entirely sure how a reader would insert tags and/or a synopsis, especially early on in the thread where it would be most useful, since Members can't modify the posts of other Members; again, a Moderator would be needed.

I'm curious to see if these suggestions take hold.

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh: