⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Sightings of FBBs in gyms or elsewhere in London/UK

Started by sthenolagnia, May 13, 2014, 07:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickybrown

My best sighting of all time was when I visited the first Bodypower show at the NEC in Birmingham about five years ago. Driving into the car park, I saw a couple walking back from the halls to their car. He was clearly a BB as well, but she was the most incredible amazon I have ever witnessed. She must have been close to 6ft tall and she was absolutely immense. Her shoulders were so wide she couldn't put her arms by her sides. I have seen the competitors at the Ms. Olympia contest in the flesh and she made all of them look puny. I managed to park the car and ran like hell to try and catch them up, but they had disappeared.
I have looked out for her at subsequent Bodypower shows but have never seen her again. I would love to find out who she was. I can't think that she can have ever competed because she would have caused a sensation.


Boyo

I think that's the best part about liking FBB's and being somewhat familiar with a lot of them due to the internet. The chance of spotting a woman that you've never seen before.

It's kinda assumed that if you get to a certain level of muscularity then you OBVIOUSLY want to compete, and get your name out there, or possibly make money online (if you get my drift). Not all women though (just like not all men). Some just want to be as muscular as possible, just because they want to.

At my spin class there was a very, very muscular older blonde woman. Must have been late 40s, early 50s. Tall, long blonde hair, long, thick, ropey muscles. She probably could have competed, but was never interested. There must be hundreds of women, thousands even, worldwide who we have no idea about. To me that's exciting.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

fredzeppelin

Wow, there do seem to be a lot of fbb fans in the UK. Too bad there are so few fbbs there.

I'd be interested in hearing about fbb sightings in  Germany. That is one country where there are
a LOT of fbbs (relatively speaking) -- probably third most, after the US and Canada.

Boyo

I think the UK lacks world class FBB's and, coupled with that, steroid culture within women who work out. We lack the really big girls. However I will say that we have plenty of muscular women (relatively speaking). Plenty o' girls walking about with fairly decent musculature about them, but very few much bigger than that.

You go to some places in the UK, like Bridgend, Liverpool, Newcastle or Southend On Sea and steroid culture is overwhelming in the menfolk, however that's never transferred across to the women, and I suppose that's surprising.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Gourmetguy

Few days ago i saw a girl walking to Hulme with huge defined biceps.
She had black curly long hair and was waring a sleeveless basketball vest (im guessing to show off thos biceps)

I can't believe it, I have never seen a fbb on the streets anywhere before and within the space of 2 months i saw three!
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

UK_Fan

Two sighting of muscular women in London and a drawing of one on a billboard:

1.  About a couple of years ago I was walking through the (new) concourse at Kings Cross Station to catch my train home when suddenly this incredibly muscular, but very short asian woman (almost certainly a FBB, but I didn't recognise her face and didn't get a photo [no phone with a camera back then!]) - she had huge legs (both quads/hams and calves) and big arms, all of which were very defined and tanned.  I would've tried to speak to her (she seemed a bit lost and eventually spoke to a [lucky] male member of staff to fin the right platform), only I would've missed my train (bummer).  Amazingly I (probably) saw her again not too far away (about 15-20 mins walk) in Russell Square about 6 months later walking in the opposite direction with some nerdy-looking middle-aged (~50) guy (he looked like a college professor, which was a possibility given the location [lots of colleges/universities in the vicinity]).  Hopefully she will make an appearance again in the not-too-distant future as I still work in this part of London.  I will try and get a photo as I now have a smart phone with a camera.

2.  My other recent sighting was during my lunch-hour one day last week when I passed what I initially thought was a not-too-attractive woman (she was also smoking at the time), only to catch sight of her legs, particularly from the rear - they were large and very well defined - especially the calves.  I will definitely go for a walk that route again armed with my camera phone.  You never know, I might even have the courage to speak to her.

As others have said, the UK doesn't have a lot of decent FBBs, but a good number of fit and muscular women, most of which stay under the radar for us fans.

Finally, here's the 1950's comic-book-style billboard I saw (no covered over when I looked a couple of months ago) when travelling to a work meeting about a year ago:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The artist, Wrecking International (real name Alex Wright I believe) has its own website and facebook page showing him creating the artwork and other femuscle artwork he's produced.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    (just click on the icon and then hunt round the gallery)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jiminy

I go to the gym when there are very few people around, so rarely see any muscular girls in my area, but they are definintely around. A couple of months ago I was driving home and saw an amazingly fit girl running down the footpath beside the road. I struggled to keep my eyeballs on the road as I slowed down to check her out. Young brunette in black shorts and sports bra- looked a bit like Jessica Biel, but her body was more like the Tennis player, Sam Stosur's. Ripped, bulging biceps and rounded, powerful shoulders. Great muscle "detail" in her back too.

I think there are plenty of muscular women in the UK. We might not have a lot of "famous bodybuilders", but from what I know about competitive bodybuilding, even if you've got the body, it can still be notoriously difficult to get a pro card and compete in the shows you aspire to compete in.

When I first joined my gym, I used to see a woman who wasn't particularly ripped, but thick/bulky and pretty damn strong. She used to deadlift close to 200KG, and bench 100KG. Worked as a security guard somewhere, apparently.

hendoo

More sightings in Kingston upon Thames. Saw a particular ripped blonde middle aged woman in Bentall's shopping center and another woman who jogs down Coombe Lane towards Wimbledon in the morning. Kingston seems to be quite a good place to live.

Spook345

during the summer months we had a boot camp every Monday night at our local beach in Northumberland, a few muscular woman, but the impressive part was the trainer was none other than FBB Sharon Maddison, a small but very muscular power house, was always a wonderful sight watching her and other women training pulling tyres and flipping them

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Redpool5

There is a waitress in a very popular restaurant in the knowsley area of Liverpool who is huge.  She must be in her late 30s or early 40s. About 5ft 7 with Blonde hair and huge shoulders and very defined biceps & triceps. She is the only waiter/waitress who doesn't wear a shirt, she always has a vest top on.
The best thing is she's actually a very nice person and very popular..

kentpaul

There is one in my gym and we coincide about once a month but no conversation

Bodypower is good as well, see a lot of pros there both male and female.