LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#DISCUSSION: Popular themes in femuscle fiction [POLL CLOSED]

Started by dreammachine, June 10, 2014, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatJustice

I'll admit that a lot of the thoughts here echo my own; I've been ploughing a slightly lonely furrow on the net for futa muscle and body mod stories and I've never found writing actual violence interesting to write, but occasionally the threat of it can be a lot of fun.

As for quality, well I'll be the first to admit that the vast majority of what I write is simply not of any quality whatsoever, but rather puff pieces of porny erotica. I do occasionally branch out into other things; trying different settings and often adding a degree of light or black humour into the stories; there are also some more tender shorts that I have written as well, but not often.

Now all I actually need is to find a place to put some of my older stories as I no longer maintain a blog presence; you can still find them over on the net from several years back, but I do need somewhere private to stash them.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, here are a few subcategories to think about (I'm sure all of you in the thread have read these many times before):

1) Orgasm driven muscle growth.
2) Muscle growth driven orgasms.
3) Genital feats of strength.
4) Bimbo-isation / Forced change of sexual preference.
5) Implants
6) Pec-breasts
7) Skimpy clothing
8. Hidden muscle (librarians and geek girls mostly for some reason... dunno why)
9) Feats of strength
10) Invulnerability
11) Clumsiness
12) Orgasm fuelled workouts
13) Super powers
14) The Ultra Basement of Weightlifting
15) Young face on massive body

I'm sure there are hundred more, but some of those crop up loads as tropes and themes.


Jeremy Lightning

Hey, I would love to read some of your stories, I think mindless muscle porn is pretty much what I love to read, and your list of story elements is right up my alley. Would you post your stories here, or maybe send some of them via PM to me? Because quite frankly, we can never have enough muscle growth stories, the more and bigger the better and it seems like you have some great fetishes that match up with a lot of mine.
Don't forget to K+ if you enjoy my writing.

Great stories about strong and muscular women and girls, hope you enjoy!

Ardanian

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.

I can't believe what I just read... Someone who actually gets it? Saints be praised! And while we're at it, can we drop the whole contrived circumstances the stories are centered around? For example, how many times do we have to read about the older brother younger sister thing, or the asshole high school football team that needs to be taught a lesson, or the creepy older man lusting after the inexplicably muscular and strong sixteen year old girl? These so called plots have been done to death, and you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Obviously, you're limited with what you can do plotwise considering the salient point is a girl with big muscles and lots of strength, but it's not so difficult to come up with creative and interesting themes to explore, or at the least new takes on existing themes. You can subvert, avert, or even lampshape tropes to keep things fresh.

Secondly, let's work on dialog and voice. Too many times I read a story that's got some really shitty dialog that doesn't begin to capture how people actually talk. That takes me out of it when I see it. By voice I mean work on the narrative. Again, I often find the tone of the story hackneyed. It's like many authors rush to cram as much description in the beginning at once, and the descriptions is always perfectly accurate to the exact measurement. "I'm a 6'2" 200LBS guy, and she's a 6'7" 275LBS Amazon, etc..." Oh really? You have the innate ability to size up someone you've never met to the inch? It wouldn't be so awkward to include a measuring scene if you must have the figures in your story, but try not to casually drop numbers in the narrative out of context. Use more creatively vague descriptions to get the reader's mind's eye to picture what your characters look like. If you can hold our interest with imagination, then we don't need exact measurements.

God bless you, sir. When I've spent a ludicrous amount of time writing and re-writing then deleting then re-thinking then finally committing a single sentence - when all the while I know I can just say "She grew 18 inch biceps and looked like Alina Popa", this gives me hope that there are people who really do appreciate it.

Of course, I don't many of us can deny that this genre is what it is - ultimately a fetish. I totally agree with you with the fact that a well-rounded and believable character hulking out is far more appealing, but I do think there is a room for the 'quick fixes' that pop up fairly often. Does that make us a niche within a niche? I don't know - I'd rather we had much more solidarity as a tiny, obscure community of muscle writers, but different strokes for different folks, and that's totally cool, too.

Poddy, you're probably one of the best authors this forum has right now. Of course it's appreciated. Most other stories are a solid block of typo-riddled text written by someone with the linguistic talents of a seven year old. There is a time and place for a quick fix, but the key is knowing when and when not to use them. Too many authors rely on on them to churn out a story and the end result is bog standard. I thoroughly enjoy the Pumpsuit story, and it's inspired me to get off my lazy ass to get writing again. If anything, I should be thanking you.

We are very lucky in having some awesome and talented writers on this forum.  However whilst some only have "the linguistic talents of a 7 year old" we also need to remember that for some writers English id clearly not their native language.  I agree it is very hard to read grammatically bad stories full of typos, but we have to credit some of these writers with giving it a go.  English is a bitch to learn and to write a story in another language is hard so whilst it bugs me I applaud the courage of all non-native English speaking authors who post stories for us to enjoy.

crimson_E_86

Don't forget sometimes the authors don't have enough time to write long detailed stories let alone finish writing the stories. It's sad seeing stories that are well detailed and going in a great direction only to see them go unfinished leaving readers cliffhangers. So, I guess there are advantages for the short stories.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

GAP

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mostly read for the muscle but  can see what you mean, a strong characterization and even a plot would to wonders for a story. Also, give the males some characterization besides being a jerk who just picks on women, thinks they are weak or that males are stronger who more or less exists to be humiliated or even killed by the women.

I can't believe what I just read... Someone who actually gets it? Saints be praised! And while we're at it, can we drop the whole contrived circumstances the stories are centered around? For example, how many times do we have to read about the older brother younger sister thing, or the asshole high school football team that needs to be taught a lesson, or the creepy older man lusting after the inexplicably muscular and strong sixteen year old girl? These so called plots have been done to death, and you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Obviously, you're limited with what you can do plotwise considering the salient point is a girl with big muscles and lots of strength, but it's not so difficult to come up with creative and interesting themes to explore, or at the least new takes on existing themes. You can subvert, avert, or even lampshape tropes to keep things fresh.

Secondly, let's work on dialog and voice. Too many times I read a story that's got some really shitty dialog that doesn't begin to capture how people actually talk. That takes me out of it when I see it. By voice I mean work on the narrative. Again, I often find the tone of the story hackneyed. It's like many authors rush to cram as much description in the beginning at once, and the descriptions is always perfectly accurate to the exact measurement. "I'm a 6'2" 200LBS guy, and she's a 6'7" 275LBS Amazon, etc..." Oh really? You have the innate ability to size up someone you've never met to the inch? It wouldn't be so awkward to include a measuring scene if you must have the figures in your story, but try not to casually drop numbers in the narrative out of context. Use more creatively vague descriptions to get the reader's mind's eye to picture what your characters look like. If you can hold our interest with imagination, then we don't need exact measurements.

God bless you, sir. When I've spent a ludicrous amount of time writing and re-writing then deleting then re-thinking then finally committing a single sentence - when all the while I know I can just say "She grew 18 inch biceps and looked like Alina Popa", this gives me hope that there are people who really do appreciate it.

Of course, I don't many of us can deny that this genre is what it is - ultimately a fetish. I totally agree with you with the fact that a well-rounded and believable character hulking out is far more appealing, but I do think there is a room for the 'quick fixes' that pop up fairly often. Does that make us a niche within a niche? I don't know - I'd rather we had much more solidarity as a tiny, obscure community of muscle writers, but different strokes for different folks, and that's totally cool, too.

Poddy, you're probably one of the best authors this forum has right now. Of course it's appreciated. Most other stories are a solid block of typo-riddled text written by someone with the linguistic talents of a seven year old. There is a time and place for a quick fix, but the key is knowing when and when not to use them. Too many authors rely on on them to churn out a story and the end result is bog standard. I thoroughly enjoy the Pumpsuit story, and it's inspired me to get off my lazy ass to get writing again. If anything, I should be thanking you.

We are very lucky in having some awesome and talented writers on this forum.  However whilst some only have "the linguistic talents of a 7 year old" we also need to remember that for some writers English id clearly not their native language.  I agree it is very hard to read grammatically bad stories full of typos, but we have to credit some of these writers with giving it a go.  English is a bitch to learn and to write a story in another language is hard so whilst it bugs me I applaud the courage of all non-native English speaking authors who post stories for us to enjoy.

I used to be able to write stories but I believe I am out of practice and I don't know if I can write another story. I think I might be able to but I am not sure.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Don't forget sometimes the authors don't have enough time to write long detailed stories let alone finish writing the stories. It's sad seeing stories that are well detailed and going in a great direction only to see them go unfinished leaving readers cliffhangers. So, I guess there are advantages for the short stories.

I know I don't.  :(
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login