LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

WPW Magazine

Started by ollie703, February 02, 2010, 10:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRF

It is getting just a bit disconcerting for me, I ordered and fully paid for one of their downloadable titles yesterday only to find out that the link I was then direct to doesn't actually download anything- I retried it using chrome, safari and explorer STILL NOTHING- plus they claim that you can immediately access the videos[downloadable only] once purchased but that turned out to be another faux as well!

I emailed them twice since yesterday and haven't got a reply, hence this post. my only fear is that the site got so outdated and is in such under-demand that they completely abandoned it...and I for one, as a worst case scenario, ended up losing 20$....

any thoughts?  ???


m76

I emailed them about something  a year ago and I didn't get a reply even back then.  You could try contacting them trough wpwmax, I assume the same people are behind that site too. They still updated that and downloads actually work there.

IFBB Schmoe

WPW stopped producing new material several years ago.  Does anyone know why they quit?  When I was a kid, I was always super excited to get a new issue.  It's sad to see them close up shop.

autechre

I'm sure someone here will know the proper reasons why, but AFAIK they were getting towards retirement age, so have basically retired. Not sure why they didn't get someone else to help keep filming the girls - maybe because there's so many others doing a similar thing now.
Use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to grab my links - it's free!

Old Surehand

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm sure someone here will know the proper reasons why, but AFAIK they were getting towards retirement age, so have basically retired. Not sure why they didn't get someone else to help keep filming the girls - maybe because there's so many others doing a similar thing now.

Your answer makes a lot of sense.


I ♥ Saradas

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

m76

I'm still waiting on them to digitize their old 8mm footage from the late 70s early 80ies. But I fear that might never happen. I want those videos badly.

DRF

First off, one can only commend the consistent effort the guys behind the site have been able to devote for the past 25-30 years at least. I am not trying in any way to direct flak towards them as I have been dealing with them for the past 7 years and I can personally confirm that their flexibility and drive to satisfy customers are second to none. The downside for me is, and its fully justifiable given the limited niche market these guys are situated in, that the business needs to be looked at as more than a part-time thing. For those into old-school BBers this for the most part, this is the only site for throwback products- with offshoots like MUSCLEVILLE and WPWMax (which I think wpwonlinemagazine can take a lot of pointers from).

So its a shame when basic services which can easily be automated like setting up a log-in account (for PayPal purchases) take 3-4 days depending on how fast (or slow) someone manages to check the company's inbox and respond. Also, but this is on a much larger scale, the DVD video library should be converted into downloadable content which users can stream on the website like (WPWMAX) or download (Muscleville) especially for the early 1980s and 1990s content. This makes it both convenient for the customers in terms of accessibility and storage (their current access policy is that you can access your download for exactly a year after that the log-in credentials expire for me personally and I expect it is for many; storing purchases on hard-disks and laptops which are susceptible to damage inevitably mean that sooner or later you are going to lose some of your purchases. For me, I have probably two to three purchases that are gone due to malfunctions, now how do I convince them to allow me to re-access content I purchased 6-7 years ago with no trace of evidence or recipient ? WPWMax solves this issue by creating a log-in account, all purchases become indefinitely accessible and attached to that account .

Another point is archiving, the company is already feeling the need for this with some of their DVDs going missing without them having backup copies, this embarrassingly forces them to advertise the help of previous customers so they might potentially help out. Personally, I look this site because it is undeniably the only site that provides their own magazines, contests and video with individual or a group of BBers. They have already made the magazines into purchasable PDFs which is nice if you're not in the US or North America. But again these efforts remain patchy at best, since for example if you want to enjoy the benefit of one of their offers you need to manually email them and place an order for the content you wish to purchase to get a discount otherwise done through the site you only end up being charged full price.

Essentially, the ways in which this site can be improved or brought up to today's standards are innumerable and personally I only fear that at its current trajectory it might go under which is a shame seeing as it is of the very last remaining vestiges of the old-school FBBing era.

Would love to hear your thoughts  :cool2:

Stevebob

Bought a video from them not knowing that it doesn't actually give you a download link and you have to wait for them to manually sign you up for the site...

Obviously the site hasn't been update for a while so I was wondering if I've just completely squandered my money or if they do actually still allow you to download?

autechre

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bought a video from them not knowing that it doesn't actually give you a download link and you have to wait for them to manually sign you up for the site...

Obviously the site hasn't been update for a while so I was wondering if I've just completely squandered my money or if they do actually still allow you to download?

Unknown on the active part, but if you pay by ccbill it should give access straight away. Paypal has the (up to) 3 days wait.
See ordering instructions: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to grab my links - it's free!

Windjammer

I usually like to get my oldies videos from wpwmax that gives you instant access. Hopefully they'll keep putting out new videos of the same stuff from wpwmagazineonline
Karma is always appreciated :-)

autechre

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I usually like to get my oldies videos from wpwmax that gives you instant access.

Yep, me too.
Use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to grab my links - it's free!