ugfreak

gfx gfx
clearskypharmacy parapharma
steroidify blaster
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
483088 Posts in 62565 Topics by 26547 Members - Latest Member: Blumex July 04, 2020, 12:41:45 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020  (Read 23583 times)

birmi482

Re: Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 04:01:18 am »
@femflexusa. i agree with you completely on the new blood issue. But in order for new big girls like powerlifters to move to fbb they have to feel that they are welcome and that it makes economically sense to them, their increased size being an asset or advantage and not a disadvantage. Therefore, they have to feel sure that neither WOS nor the IFBB will try again to curtail the girls. Again, I am speaking my mind as someone who likes the girls impossibly big. With regards to Phoenix, there was hardly any new blood there, the top fbbs being 40-50 years old. Alina and Margie are both the same age. What i disliked was the fact that the girl with less muscle mass and muscularity won. Today, thanks to social media, especially inst@gram, the gulf beetween what fans want and what the IFBB judges want is very visible. Fans speak out their mind and as I said before, many fans want the girls really big. It is not by coincidence that the biggest girls have most followers. The IFBB cannot turn them away, they understood that there is a market for them. Just let us hope that they don't try again to meddle and that WOS will stay clean and continue to promote massive fbbs. They well understand that someone like Nataliya is financially much more attractive than some physique girl or some sized down fbb

Offline genin723

• Activity:
    30%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 06:20:36 am »
I wanna speak from my own thoughts. I've been a fan of Female Bodybuilding for almost thirty years.  I've seen many a lady who should been a champions, but some reason never got their shot.  Many a great physique getting placed out the top ten for some reason or another.  I still remember the time Paula Bircumshaw got screwed when they placed her in 8th place at the Ms. I. If she was a man at the Arnold Classic she would of been in the top three. In some cases like with Tina Lockwood who could been a superstar, but she disappeared without a trace. Then when the IFBB decided to put in weight classes for the women. The men don't have to compete in weight classes. They keep halting the progress of women in this sport. No one tells Jay Cutler or Kai Greene you need to be smaller and were sparkly posing trunks. Just cause society can't except the ideal of women and muscle doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I can only wish the best comes out of this deal. It's been along time since real female bodybuilding been part of the Olympia Weekend. I would love to be there when the ladies make their return in 5 yrs since the last Ms. O.

birmi482

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 07:27:35 am »
i think that in 2019, muscular girls in general are socially more acceptable than 15-20 years ago. In Russia, female weightlifters, shot putters, discus throwers have ammassed a huge number of international medals and brought pride to the Soviet Union previously and now to Russia, but the stance to female bodybuilding might  be different than to strength sports. It could well be that the dominance if Iris Kyle might have contributed to almost killing off the sport, but in genereal it looks that the last two FIBO shows and the success if the Romania event as well as the relatively large following on insta will contribute to the revival of real fbb

Offline paul2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 04:45:41 pm »
They are only attending the expo, it is not on the events list, think they have killed off with physique category

birmi482

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2019, 06:06:45 pm »
the battle Aleesha vs Natalya makes only sense if it is for 1st place and not for some comfort prize like"most muscular fbb" but in the contest itself they place at the bottom. This will be the real sign that fbb is welcoming the big girls, and not that some moronic idiotic IFBB judge will tell Aleesha that she has to loose 25 pounds in order to have a chance to win. This should be over once and for all!!! If WOS is serious then such a judge should be banned from all fbb competitions. Criterias for winning have to change dramatically because in contrast what some of you think, the winner is very important because he sets a trend for others to follow. Therefore for someone like me who likes the bigger the better, the Nataliya vs Aleesha matchup should be for first, nothing less.

Offline M7

• Activity:
    33.33%
  • never too big for me
    • imagevenue
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2019, 07:49:33 pm »
the battle Aleesha vs Natalya makes only sense if it is for 1st place and not for some comfort prize like"most muscular fbb" but in the contest itself they place at the bottom. This will be the real sign that fbb is welcoming the big girls, and not that some moronic idiotic IFBB judge will tell Aleesha that she has to loose 25 pounds in order to have a chance to win. This should be over once and for all!!! If WOS is serious then such a judge should be banned from all fbb competitions. Criterias for winning have to change dramatically because in contrast what some of you think, the winner is very important because he sets a trend for others to follow. Therefore for someone like me who likes the bigger the better, the Nataliya vs Aleesha matchup should be for first, nothing less.

I agree with you, but the problem is most of us fans of the bigger women are not (and have not been) attending shows. We have to start buying tickets if we want anything to change. Which is also a problem when the IFBB doesn't want really big fbbs and judges them unfairly. Doesn't exactly give fans motivation to go to their shows, but in the end it doesn't matter how popular these women are online if fans don't go to contests. The WOS deserve so much credit for everything they're doing, but they have no control over how the IFBB decides to judge the competitions. The IFBB runs the game and for the WOS to play, they have to play by their rules. After their first show, they said they were disappointed that Helle (Trevino) didn't place higher. She was the class of the field, but the judges said her waist was too thick. Never mind that her size, shape, symmetry and definition was spot on (and she has calves!). The IFBB puts a bigger priority on female competitors having a tiny, "feminine" waist. It's sexist, plain and simple. After Alina's win though, it seems to me like they can be bribed like anyone else. Looked fixed to me. Nothing personal against Alina, I think she's a cool lady. She deserved to be Ms. O, but I don't think she deserved the win here.

Like any business, money is what the IFBB is going to listen to so if their are enough fans going to shows supporting the big fbbs, things could change, but until that happens don't hold your breath.

Offline bruce321

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    40%
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2019, 09:55:30 pm »
Muscularity has always been a component in the judging, but only one of several criteria. Sometimes the most muscular woman wins, but she's got to check the other boxes. Judging a contest primarily on muscularity would be the death of FBB contests. There's only a handful of women with the potential to reach the level of an Aleesha or Natalya, and it won't be hard for the women to figure out who'd be competitive if the rules were changed. I'd take a guess that the majority of FBB's without the genetics or the will to compete in the kind of chemical warfare that characterize the men's divisions will either drop out or downsize - which is exactly what we're trying to avoid.

birmi482

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2019, 02:51:48 am »
@bruce321: Girls who cannot compete at that level are invited to join the WPD class. WPD should have been created exactly for this: fbbs who don't want or can't get that big. But girls who can get freakingly huge, let them compete amongst themselves, you don't have to kill them off or to want to "educate". Whoever wants to go the full mile with all related consequences has the full right to do, there are enough fans for female muscle mass monsters.

Offline bruce321

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    40%
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2019, 05:28:42 am »
@bruce321: Girls who cannot compete at that level are invited to join the WPD class. WPD should have been created exactly for this: fbbs who don't want or can't get that big. But girls who can get freakingly huge, let them compete amongst themselves, you don't have to kill them off or to want to "educate". Whoever wants to go the full mile with all related consequences has the full right to do, there are enough fans for female muscle mass monsters.
You understand what I said, and that "girls who can get freakingly huge, let them compete amongst themselves" is the consequence of your judging standards. Where we diverge is you seem to think that's a sustainable model for competition. I see it leading to the same six women on stage in every contest. Even a fan will get bored pretty quickly of that. But the real issue is you want to kill off the existing FBB division and banish the current competitors if they can't make it in your new world order. Since all this is hypothetical, let's just add another division, opposite of WPD for up-sized FBB's - WMD, Women's Mass Division. You wouldn't need judges. Just take their bodyfat percentage, weigh them, and award placings based on lean body mass per inch of height. In the case of a tie, the woman with most inst@gram followers wins. That'll excite the fans!

My view is that the main issue with the existing standards came about when they started penalizing for size. We agree, bodybuilding is about getting big. Nobody should be setting a threshold beyond which you're losing points. But bodybuilding is also about how you look. If getting big impacts the other criteria, you'll lose points for symmetry and aesthetics. I don't even want to get into the issue of femininity. Removing the penalty would move us back to the celebrated era of the early 2000's when big girls where plentiful on stage. But being the biggest girl never guaranteed a win, and a less muscular woman still had a chance if she showed up spot on. While there's a certain level of development you have to achieve to break out of WPD, beyond that it should be up to the individual competitors to decide how big they want to be and where they look best.

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    23.33%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2019, 05:48:43 am »
Bodybuilding is more than just getting big. It is about having the right balance of size, shape, symmetry and conditioning. That's what the Ms.Olympia winners had. Physique and figure are just different levels and paradigms of physique. It all comes to taste. Some people prefer the more sleek and toned look. Others seem to like a more in between around the range of Carla Dunlap or Tomoko Kanda. Then there is the voluptuous amazon look of Bev Francis or Iris Kyle. I think there is room for all types of physiques. The IFBB just came to its sense realizing there was a fan base for bigger women. Even the bikini girls are looking bigger. So, it should  be clear the IFBB cannot fight change. I really think this is going to be the age of the muscle women. It seems to be more embraced in sports circles and social media is driving this trend.

birmi482

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2019, 08:46:23 am »
@bruce321: I completely disagree with you about the fact that we would always see the same six girls. The other way round, a WMD division would bring new blood in, some Russian powerlifters turned FBB (like Nataliya Amazonka) or some Western girls like Natalie Edmondson and others. Girls that would have been excluded and disencouraged due to their size, are no welcomed to join in. And don't forget that basically almost all larger fbbs are 40 years or more, so this is a real chance to have some new blood coming in. I agree that muscle mass and size is not everything but in a new WMD it should be placed as one of the most important factors, a plus and not a minus

birmi482

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2019, 05:41:26 pm »
When the IFBB wanted to kill off FBB, it was a political decision, i don't think it was necessarily economical. FBB competitions continued despite the cacellation of Ms Olympia. FBB will always be a niche sport and not mainstream. But as such, it still can enjoy increased popularity and relative financial success, as seen recently in Romania. As with regards to Natalya Amazonka and Aleesha, I don't think that they are unique and unreachable. Their success will draw in new faces who otherwise would have stayed outside. They are role models who can bring in a new generation of FBBs. Their popularity is a source of motivation for new girls but they will vome in only if given equal oppurtunity

birmi482

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2019, 09:49:35 pm »
scoop: Rennee Toney might come back to the stage at the Romania Wos event. Add to that all the girls you named plus Jana, so here we have the monster freak show all of us have been waiting for. No wonder that they moved the Romania event to a larger venue.....

birmi482

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2019, 03:25:26 pm »
i don't think that it was financial. Why should other female events be more profitable? Only because they have more competitors, so they have more fees from participants. The WOS events were at least from a mediatic point of view highly successful. FBB is live and kicking. The fact that even now the FBB have not yet been officially readmitted to the MS OLYMPIA in spite of the recent success shows how political the IFBB is

Offline bruce321

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    40%
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:20 pm »
i don't think that it was financial. Why should other female events be more profitable? Only because they have more competitors, so they have more fees from participants. The WOS events were at least from a mediatic point of view highly successful. FBB is live and kicking. The fact that even now the FBB have not yet been officially readmitted to the MS OLYMPIA in spite of the recent success shows how political the IFBB is
For a long time FBB was losing shows. WOS added a few using Jake Woods' money. I believe the IFBB doesn't determine if FBB is going to be included at an event. That's up to the promoters. If the WOS FBB contests brought all the benefits you seem to think they do, other promotors/sponsors besides WOS would follow suit. Has that happened?

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View