steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma clearskypharmacy
ugfreak blaster
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
483070 Posts in 62564 Topics by 26547 Members - Latest Member: Blumex July 04, 2020, 11:42:49 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020  (Read 23580 times)

Offline Dunerider304

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    16.67%
Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020
« on: April 22, 2019, 12:15:59 am »
Seeing news that Wings of Strength has signed on as the new presenting sponsor for the Olympia weekend. Supposedly a LOT more $$$$ than the Olympia has received in several years. Maybe that will bring the Rising Phoenix / Ms O back where it belongs.

birmi482

Re: Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:38:58 am »
I still don't understand how WOS make money. The don't have a functioning website, they sell a few items like calendars, clothes but you dont make real money from that. They may have a nimber of sponsors that pay them, but they have a kot of expenses themselved l. Fibo must have cost them at least 100K , paying for the booth, the athletes, the flights, hotels. And now they pay the Olympia. So either their sponsorship deals are very attractive which means that there is a market for large fbbs or someone is emptying out his own pockets....

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:17:27 am »
Joe Weider’s Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend continues a run of growth and momentum.  The fitness industry’s showcase event has agreed to a presenting sponsorship with Wings of Strength, an Arizona based company devoted to providing opportunities for bodybuilders and physique athletes competing throughout the fitness industry.  While specific terms of the agreement have not been disclosed, the deal is one of the largest sponsorship commitments in the 55 year history of the event.

Jake Wood, President of Wings of Strength, explains, “This is a landmark achievement for Wings of Strength. We started our company because of a genuine passion for bodybuilding, providing opportunities for female bodybuilders and anyone who shares our love for this incredible sport.  Over the years we have grown in many different ways.” Wood continues, “The chance to be a part of bodybuilding’s most prestigious event and one of the world’s biggest media companies, is the next step in our evolution.”

Wings of Strength has expanded its industry-wide footprint by producing NPC and IFBB Professional League events in cities throughout the world, including the Rising Phoenix World Championship, the most prestigious title in the world of female bodybuilding.

Chief Olympia Officer Dan Solomon adds, “The commitment Wings of Strength has made to this year’s Olympia is historic.  It’s a true demonstration of their overall dedication to bodybuilders and fitness athletes all over the world.”

As part of this deal, Wings of Strength will have a significant presence throughout Olympia Weekend.  Keep an eye out for a series of feature stories in the pages of Muscle & Fitness Magazine spotlighting the remarkable growth of one of the fitness industry’s most unique companies.

For more information about Joe Weider’s Fitness & Performance Weekend, including tickets, please visit MrOlympia.com.

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/flexonline/news/olympia-weekend-and-wings-strength-agree-major-sponsorship-deal

Offline m100

• Activity:
    6.67%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 08:21:57 am »
I still don't understand how WOS make money. The don't have a functioning website, they sell a few items like calendars, clothes but you dont make real money from that. They may have a nimber of sponsors that pay them, but they have a kot of expenses themselved l. Fibo must have cost them at least 100K , paying for the booth, the athletes, the flights, hotels. And now they pay the Olympia. So either their sponsorship deals are very attractive which means that there is a market for large fbbs or someone is emptying out his own pockets....

That's a good question. I was asking myself that aswell. I visited their booth during Fibo and they selled some clothes but definitely not enough to finance the booth. Not even close. Last year they didn't even sold anything during Fibo. I just went there, made some photos and got some autographs, that's it. Maybe it's just for Marketing reasons and to promote female bodybuilding? But Marketing for what purpose?
Anyway, the only thing I can assume is, that there is Millionaire/Billionaire behind it, who's sponsoring fbb's and wants to support the girls and the industry.

birmi482

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 08:36:00 am »
 For a business, at the end of the day there must be a profit, they don't do it for altruistic purposes even though they present themselves as promoter. But don't get them wrong, Alina is a FBB turned business woman , she is a VP, her win at RisingPhoenix raised more than a few eyebrows since other contestants, Margie Martin on the top, looked much better and more muscular. I hope that the whole Olympia thing is genuine and not another stunt to give Alina finally her Miss Olympia title.  But as I  wrote before, their business model is an enigma to me. Maybe Jake Woods is a millionaire benefactor who sponsors the whole venture and puts his hands deep into his ownn pockets. If that's the case, he deserves a standing ovation from all of us.

Offline supergav67

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:51:38 am »
OK. I,II say it, Huh .Should never have  been thrown out of /axed from /left the Olympia in the first place, huh!

birmi482

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 09:01:15 am »
But it has not yet been included. The statement speaks about promotion and presentation. Nowhere does it say that the big girls will return. WingsofStrength promoted also Physique and Fitness/Figure shows, see in Romania. So we have to wait and see

birmi482

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 09:04:46 am »
The statement just speaks about "a significant presence" of WOS. Nowhere does it say that there will be a Ms Olympia FBB competition for the big girls

Offline FBBMW

• Activity:
    3.33%
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 05:44:45 pm »
The FBB portion of a show isn't very big now, so it will not be hard to include, plus that should draw more fans to the
rest of the show.   

Pro Physique is basically the lightweight class of FBB, so the FBB contest could have no classes or MW and above. 

If some rich FBB fans are involved in sponsoring contests/shows, that will be great.   
Arnold should have done more to keep FBB alive.      All FBB needs is a few of the $20+ million a year sports stars or
Bill Gates types to get interested in FBB.       

Offline genin723

• Activity:
    30%
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »
Sounds like "Scuttle Butt" to me. Someone throwing out Gossip to make it reality. If Jake Wood could afford to fund the Ms. O by himself then he'll go broke without sponsors. There is a good chance he's shopping around for wealthy "Schmoes" who want the Real Ms. Olympia back on the Olympia Weekend. More then likely they will keep the RS show  and the Ms. Olympia is more of ceremony show. Next to the Arnold and the FIBO the Olympia is the biggest event for bodybuilding.

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:56:05 pm »
Sounds like "Scuttle Butt" to me. Someone throwing out Gossip to make it reality. If Jake Wood could afford to fund the Ms. O by himself then he'll go broke without sponsors. There is a good chance he's shopping around for wealthy "Schmoes" who want the Real Ms. Olympia back on the Olympia Weekend. More then likely they will keep the RS show  and the Ms. Olympia is more of ceremony show. Next to the Arnold and the FIBO the Olympia is the biggest event for bodybuilding.

Reading comprehension is important. Here's the actual article:

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/flexonline/news/olympia-weekend-and-wings-strength-agree-major-sponsorship-deal

No one said that he was funding the Olympia by himself. Apparently, no one knows where he gets the money to fund the other 10 pro shows he's doing this year. You guys cry about the lack of pro bodybuilding. This man's company is putting on 8 pro shows this year, which all include a class for female bodybuilding. As long as there's women's bodybuilding, who cares? He's done more for the sport of women's bodybuilding than has been done in a long time. A few years ago, women's bodybuilding was dead in the water. Women's bodybuilding has always been low budget, compared to the men's show anyway. It's also announced on their IG page @wingsofstrength. Just because you don't have access to his financial information doesn't mean he made it up. Why would they go through all the trouble of publishing this info if it isn't true? If this information was shared on April 1st, I could see your point.

Offline genin723

• Activity:
    30%
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:06 am »

Reading comprehension is important. Here's the actual article:

No one said that he was funding the Olympia by himself. Apparently, no one knows where he gets the money to fund the other 10 pro shows he's doing this year. You guys cry about the lack of pro bodybuilding. This man's company is putting on 8 pro shows this year, which all include a class for female bodybuilding. As long as there's women's bodybuilding, who cares? He's done more for the sport of women's bodybuilding than has been done in a long time. A few years ago, women's bodybuilding was dead in the water. Women's bodybuilding has always been low budget, compared to the men's show anyway. It's also announced on their IG page @wingsofstrength. Just because you don't have access to his financial information doesn't mean he made it up. Why would they go through all the trouble of publishing this info if it isn't true? If this information was shared on April 1st, I could see your point.

I'm like many fbbing fans who have gotten tired of how women in bodybuilding are being mistreated. Being a fan for decades, I've seen the ups and downs. I don't wanna get my hopes and then have them pulled from under me. The IFBB has long been putting daggers into female bodybuilding. So many great shows are either gone or dropping fbbing from their line-up. If Jake can pull this off it would be one of greatest things to happen. I still remember there was almost no Ms. O back in '99. But some how they found away to put a show together. If he can make this happen he'll go down in history as Female Bodybuilding's Savior. :bravo:

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    23.33%
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 03:43:37 am »
I really do not want to be too optimistic, just to have my hopes dashed. Yet, I think this could turn out well.  We will see, but one thing is for sure muscular women will never disappear. 

birmi482

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 05:44:02 am »
FBB has been revived in the last few years thanks to WOS, but most competitors are already 40 plus. Besides the two Russian Nataliyas and Oana from Romania and Aleesha, there are no relatively young fbbs, this in complete contrast to WPD, where the two leading athletes are in the beginning of the 20s. In order to make FBB attractive, new blood must come in otherwise the revival will be very shortlived

Offline shchukin

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 02:51:23 pm »
There are some big young girls in Russia, e.g. Anastasia Korableva. She participated the Russian BB Cup few days ago, but she was not judged well. Probably it is due to the fact that there was physique cathegory, but she was too big for it.  There is Alexandra Antipova who can participate FBB events. Tamila Sadulaeva shows rapid growth in few months. There is no adequate support for FBB in Russia in my opinion, but probably these and other girls achieve more internationally.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Women's Bodybuilding to return to the Olympia in 2020

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View