bodygear.to

gfx gfx
www.pharmacomstore.ws arlrussia
roids24.to clearskypharmacy
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
429076 Posts in 56815 Topics by 30721 Members - Latest Member: Volthak February 19, 2019, 11:16:48 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  End of a Sport
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: End of a Sport  (Read 2170 times)

Offline schillster1

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    40%
End of a Sport
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »
Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy once said that you can always tell when a civilization is about to end because of shoes.  Everyone is looking down at and concerned with what they're wearing on their feet.   The same can be said about female bodybuilding.  A woman works hard to pack on pounds of rock hard chiseled muscle only to be covered with artwork commonly called tattoos and  have implants to see whose boobs can be made bigger and not only this we have cell phone for selfies.  So this signals the end of the sport, tattoos, implants and selfies... and we call it progress.  Think about it.

Offline Bernie1212

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: End of a Sport
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:00:33 pm »
Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy once said that you can always tell when a civilization is about to end because of shoes.  Everyone is looking down at and concerned with what they're wearing on their feet.   The same can be said about female bodybuilding.  A woman works hard to pack on pounds of rock hard chiseled muscle only to be covered with artwork commonly called tattoos and  have implants to see whose boobs can be made bigger and not only this we have cell phone for selfies.  So this signals the end of the sport, tattoos, implants and selfies... and we call it progress.  Think about it.
If that is the case, Southern California as a whole is screwed.  There are tattoos, implants and selfies everywhere.
Yo.

Offline OldSchmoe67

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:11:34 pm »
Your frame of reference seems to be oblique and rather esoteric. There are more muscular women in the world than ever, and that trend, lifestyle or whatever shows no sign of slowing down. Who cares about the sport? It's not as if it had a strong foothold from the beginning, and I was there at the beginning, like many of us.   

Offline OldSchmoe67

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
Your frame of reference seems to be oblique and rather esoteric. There are more muscular women in the world than ever, and that trend, lifestyle or whatever shows no sign of slowing down. Who cares about the sport? It's not as if it had a strong foothold from the beginning, and I was there at the beginning, like many of us.

The thing is - I'd much rather see an unblemished FBB posing properly in the HD phot/video set rather than a second-rate 'woman' covered in tats, sporting a couple of huge grapefruits on her chest contorting herself in front of a toilet mirror taking a grainy, low-res selfie (often covering her face in doing so) any day.  I'd prefer something other than the 'never mind the quality, feel the width' approach we as a society are currently going down.

Not more muscular as in size, more muscular as in numbers. There are now millions of women building pronounced muscle, and they do it at all levels of development. 38 years ago there might have been a few dozen.

Offline sa2009

• Activity:
    80%
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:51 pm »
I would agree thankfully their are still alot of women , who are still embracing the female muscle look . But would agree the tatt trend .. is just out of control . It used to be if you were covered in them , you were a rebel and unique . Now it's just the opposite . Thankfully their are still great looking stars in the fm world like Yeon Woo , Anastasia P , and a few others who stand out in all this craze . Even Dani Reardon didn't take it to the extreme like so many . On the pics , do like the pro shoots their used to be . But will still take selfies over nothing anytime .
I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline schillster1

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    40%
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 02:15:35 pm »

:hellno: "Who cares about the sport?"  It seems that those women who want to build muscle on top of muscle do.  And please stop using ten cent words when dealing with a five cent brain.

Offline schillster1

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    40%
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »
If that is the case, Southern California as a whole is screwed.  There are tattoos, implants and selfies everywhere.

Bernie, Southern California like myhome state Illinois has been screwed for years, for separate reasons tho, but sgrewed for years. :funny:

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 03:15:44 pm »
They've taken the "sport" out of female bodybuilding years ago. The tattoos, implants and the switch to physique are all the results of political correctness. The desire to be like everyone else and what fits in society. I used to look at people covered with tattoos and say, "they'll sure have a hard time finding a job." In some areas, you may be considered the oddball for not wearing tattoos. I see guys with business suits and snake tattoos on their necks. It's all about the need to conform with what is considered trendy. If movie stars, musicians and pro ball players do it, it's going to definitely be considered okay.

Offline timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »
The Weiders always referred to Bodybuilding as a sport, and the competitors were referred to as athletes. I know this was partly due to the push to try to get the IOC to register Bodybuilding as an Olympic sport, but old habits die hard, and I still think of bodybuilding as a sport.
I also have a very good FBB friend in Europe, and she always says that " She is off to her sport" when referring to her gym visit to train. Never that she is going to work out, or bodybuild etc. Again, a reason for this is that in Germany, she gets bad comments because she is a Physique athlete. Nevertheless, she is totally committed to her sport. She views bodybuilding as a sport and art form.

But, I do see a conflict in the USA where bodybuilding seems to be considered a beauty contest, I have had this debate before, and this is what I was told by US members here in Saradas. I can almost accept this for women, but most men would be offended if you asked them when their next beauty contest was! On the other hand, that would bring femininity to the sport and balance the stigma many male BB's still have about women competing in "their" sport!

As far as the sport ending, I don't see it. I do not agree that female bodybuilders should be restricted on how much muscle they can build. However, some guidelines must remain for the safety of the athletes.

The issue always was that there was no mid way for women, as bodybuilding required extreme development, and athletes did not want that due to the reasons already mentioned. So, rather than destroy bodybuilding, they should just have introduced Physique, so there somewhere for less muscular women to compete, and encouraged Female Bodybuilding to prosper. I realise, not as easy as it sounds, but no, or very few contests for FBB's, is a barrier.
Now, because there are so few bodybuilding contests, we see Physique women easily at Lightweight and now Middleweight bodybuilding levels . I am pleased to see it, but really, these women should have moved on to the Bodybuilding category. So, now, it is harder, again, to get to Physique, the original issue is returning! Certainly, my friend agrees with me that she is facing the challenge of packing on as much muscle as she had when she won major international contest in bodybuilding 6 years ago, just to win Physique! Not something she really wants to do, but she could, and I hope will.

When you then look at Fitness, with women like Jodi Boam flexing like there is no tomorrow, Figure athletes that used to look like Bikini, but now some are as big as Physique women, and Bikini, who started with big bums and implants, now have biceps as big as Rachel McLish when she won the Ms Olympia, I don't see the death of a sport. Evolution of a sport, yes. Damage at the top, yes. But no sign of ending.

The implant and tattoo issue. You may remember Pumping Iron 2, when Oscar State insisted that Rachel McLish cut out the padding in her bikini top, which was very slight, and Rachel was more concerned her nipples would show! Masking tape was always the solution to that! In those days, there was true discipline, and it was about each athlete winning due to hard work in the gym, rather than the quality of the cosmetic surgeon's work. In every walk of life, discipline has been relaxed, so many people do what they want, and this is the case here. Of course there are still regulations and rules to follow, but we have moved into a different world.

Some of my old rants about implants are still lurking on the forum, but I try to be more open minded these days, but I do not believe implants should win over natural in a contest. That, really is unfair, if it happens... If they are added to the scorecard, that will be the day i am no longer a fan of the sport!

I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »
You make several good points, timmon. My issue is with the powers that be and people's tendency to conform to whatever is considered trendy (tattoos, pink hair, mohawk haircuts, etc.). The fact that they make the judging criteria too subjective and ambiguous takes the sport out of bodybuilding.

Offline OldSchmoe67

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:25 pm »

:hellno: "Who cares about the sport?"  It seems that those women who want to build muscle on top of muscle do.  And please stop using ten cent words when dealing with a five cent brain.

Sigh.

I had a feeling that I was prodding a troll.

Offline FemFlexUSA

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    3.33%
    • FemFlex
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:01 pm »
Not a sport, never has been.

People build muscle, and always will. In fact, in part because of the "culture" of women's bodybuilding (which includes all muscle levels in the various competitions), more women than ever are not afraid to become muscular. For MOST people who work out for the purpose of looking or feeling good, chasing the approval of "judges" is nowhere on the menu.

femflex.com - where beauty meets muscle
herbicepscam.com - world's best muscle webcam site

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 07:53:36 pm »
Not a sport, never has been.

People build muscle, and always will. In fact, in part because of the "culture" of women's bodybuilding (which includes all muscle levels in the various competitions), more women than ever are not afraid to become muscular. For MOST people who work out for the purpose of looking or feeling good, chasing the approval of "judges" is nowhere on the menu.

You're right, but a lot of supporters look at as a sport because, although you're judged on looks, specialized weight training and diet is used to create that look. They can call it whatever they want, for all I care. I'm to the point that I only follow competitions out of idle curiosity. When they started giving more pro cards to bikini girls than bodybuilders in pro qualifier events, I said forget it.Too many dirty hands in the game.

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:17 pm »
Sport, pageant...they can coexist, as though they are separate things. I will repeat myself (or better said, "be coherent") when I say which category should emphasize what:

Bodybuilding: Mass. Pure mass. Huge. Bloated. "A guy wearing bikini". Veiny. Ripped. Guts and wrinkles and doll hair and oil and everything. Flex, not pose. Closed fists, hips on front, squeeze like there's no tomorrow.

Physique: Proportions. Good muscle mass but shaping an hourglass figure, good definition but no dry skin, no vascularity, graceful posing. No acrobatic routine (why?), dancing or cheerleader stuff: knees up, tiptoes, hips sideways.

Figure: Regular muscle mass with almost minimal definition (abs, pecs), but mind the proportions (wide back, delts and quads are mandatory). Dryness or vascularty are a no-no.

Fitness: Routine. Just routine (flexibility, acrobatics, presentation, etc.). Zero "pageant". What for? Citing timmon's example of Jodi Boam, she looks like an fbb, with impressive mass and definition, yet she can flip and jump like no other.

Bikini: Hourglass proportions with good muscle tone, but little mass and slight definition.No dryness, no veins...and please, no implants. I want to see pecs!

I also try to hold my rants against implants, but I must make another analogy: they're like going to a facial beauty contest with a clown nose on. "Sorry, those balloons didn't let me see your pecs. Points down." 

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 05:31:40 am »
Well, for starters, there's no "Bikini" for men  :funny:...although in some European tournaments there is a Fitness category for them. There is a Figure equivalent for guys, where they wear shorts instead of speedos (sometimes called "Physique", but they don't flex). And Physique and Bodybuilding are renamed "Classic Bodybuilding" and "Bodybuilding" respectively.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  End of a Sport

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View