LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Author: [Machao6] Something I'm working on | #WIP

Started by Machao6, December 21, 2016, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaguar

I noticed the basque/bask thing too.  That is the thing these days, the spell checkers catch a lot, but not usually word substitution.

Good going, this is just as good as the first exert.  Keep it up!  I really enjoyed this and I'm anxious to read more.
:clap:
* You are the author and you are the boss of your story!
* Take your time and write what you are driven to write and what your characters drive you to write.
* The story is the journey, and when the journey is over, we will all wish it was longer.

Jaguar

* You are the author and you are the boss of your story!
* Take your time and write what you are driven to write and what your characters drive you to write.
* The story is the journey, and when the journey is over, we will all wish it was longer.

Machao6

I'm settling into a new job at the moment and haven't thought about writing for a while. I have a lot more sitting around but I'd like to come back and make it "punchier", cut some of the waffle out. The selections I've shown get straight to the point and I want the whole thing to read like that.

Machao6

So it took me a long time to get back into writing and I now have 40,524 words of this story. I would describe it as about halfway done XD, with several characters introductions to their respective amazon counterparts and one "main" arc covering most of the details - probably boringly and poorly-thought out - that lamely justify the fantasy amazon society. The actual interesting stuff of amazons fighting a war of attrition against seemingly impossible odds is yet to play out!

I find myself at a bit of an impasse. Obviously if I weren't personally invested in writing it I wouldn't have bothered getting this far and editing things back up to a standard I'm happy to show to you. But on the other hand, a recent close call involving a USB stick and the horriffic question of whether a friend of mine had copied the word file and might possibly have seen this have led me to question something. If I'm embarrassed by the work and worried about what it says about me, should I really be writing it?

I knew from the outset that I would not want my IRL name attached to this if I fiinish it. While I make a point of pride to treat it properly in the writing process, I would never risk publishing it officially for fear of the critical scrutiny - and its basically impossible now to publish something without people using the work to label you. I'm not a mysogynist or anything, but this work of fantasy is a total afront to women's agency - for the express purpose of my own gratification. It's not my personal vision of how things should be, its a fantasy, but I can't be arsed having to fend off that kind of conversation IRL. So that puts publication out of the window. I'd examined ways of linking it to something where people could tip me financially if they liked the work like cof-fee or something, but in all honesty there's no way of doing that without some risk or IRL exposure and that's not something I'm prepared to risk. So I guess my intention is to publish it here.

What I'd like to ask though, is...how best to do that? Do people prefer to view an online story in a series of posts? 40k words is a lot of thread to read. I appreciate that others have done so but if anyone has any thoughts either way, I'd like to hear. I also wonder if I should start a new thread to post the story segments in chronological order.

Any advice? Or input from Admins if applicable?

seldom

Others are better qualified than me to comment on compensation.

For Climbers (28k words), I released each chapter here and some other sites (including DA) as they were ready, then when it was all done I posted a big HTML file with a hyperlinked table of contents to DtV's site.