gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
467227 Posts in 59313 Topics by 30064 Members - Latest Member: elrond October 15, 2019, 09:16:45 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  What's happened to...?  |  Joanna Thomas???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joanna Thomas???  (Read 8718 times)

Offline tardisfan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Joanna Thomas???
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »
I was always a fan of hers and was wondering if anyone knows what happened to her. Her site is updated with old photos/videos and it's like she's dropped off the face of the earth. Any help would be great. :thanks:

Offline raraparu

• Activity:
    0%
Re: What happened to Joanna Thomas???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »
 Joanna went back to the UK in 2013. Far as is known, she no longer does sessions.Saw her in August of 2013, she still had the deep voice, plus she was way too bulky for her 5-2 frame. She had a run of bad luck  that hastened her return to the UK.

Offline Spungle

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Joanna Thomas???
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »
Joanna has 3 apparent Facebook profiles. Some or all may be genuine, as Joanna's quite likely to have forgotten her old passwords and settings and set up a new page or two. The one that rings truest - and has well-known industry types such as Dave Palumbo amongst her friends on it - is this one:

https://www.facebook.com/joanna.thomas.3705157

I've corresponded with Joanna in the past and it reads like her own authentic style and it's the one profile she still posts semi-regularly to. All that said, here are her last two posts, both pre-Xmas 2017 (tidied up for ease of reading):

"It's twenty years that I turned pro - 1997 - and ten years since I retired in 2007. Where does the time go?

I have some plans in my head. It's not like you think, but I think it could empower a lot of people. I'm not ready yet to talk about it or show you, but if I do,  there will be a reason behind it and that would be to motivate and empower others.

I'm just insecure if to do it or not at the moment. All you see are great pics of me. This would be a whole new reality check and explanation, ten years later. I think in 2018, at 41 and with health issues and injuries due to those issues, I want to improve myself, for me and my health.  It's a whole new angle from how to get from where I am now to Destination B. More to come in 2018."

Bob Bonham responded with "Happy to hear this." and FBB Gina Jones replied "Let's do this. We talked about it earlier this year."

This was followed by a final post on the same day - December 2nd 2017 - that said:

"On that issue, any sponsorship from very old friends (by now, LOL) would be a help for 2018. Message me only if you're serious and I'll then explain more.

It's not about me competing (well, I'm far off that), it's more about me getting from a very difficult place over the past four years especially, to making the most of what I can naturally. To not only look better but to feel better and healthier. To be able to walk without pain. More in 2018.

For me to show you all what I was like could be a mistake. I'd probably get laughed at, which is why I'd have to tell my story regarding the past few years, so you get the whole health side of things. For me, it's about getting healthy again and to be able to be more, pain free. To be able to move and get fit enough so I can once again look at what I want to do now in life and be well enough to be able to work. It's both mental and physical.  Then maybe if people see me trying, other regular normal folk will try too.

LOL, I never thought I'd see forty. I'm a a very different person these days, but with much humour and still bad ass. Upward and onward they say. So any help and support out there would be really kind. In 2018, I guess it's up to people like me to try to set an example of what you can do as a regular person.

With love always,

Joanna Thomas"

What does it all mean?  No idea. It could mean that she wants help to leave bodybuilding behind her and pursue a life in the mainstream. All the talk of "showing people" and being "an example" also suggests writing a book. Who knows? I wish the best for her. It's been a long and crazy ride.

Offline xepha

• Activity:
    10%
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:01:14 am »
K+ Spungle.
this post brings home the uncomfortable feeling I have at times about the attraction I have toward these women, that several - not all, but more than a few - of them have achieved such a desirable look in response to (perhaps because of) deep internal problems.

I met her for a session, maybe during her last 'tour', sometime in 2013.  I ought to have known what I was getting into as I had read reviews and had also watched Supersize She.  In that show, she is an unreal physical specimen, but I think her inner frailty showed through authentically through all the usual editing and cliches that TLC laid on.

When I met with her, she was still attractive, thick, voluptuous, etc, but she seemed very unsatisfied with how life was turning out for her.  She talked a lot about her health issues, and pain, and her regrets, almost too bluntly.  But I also admired the fact that she seemed to be searching for something beyond BB and was not afraid to be herself about it.  She seemed under no illusions about the lifestyle and where it led her.

I find the post above from her Facebook page - if it is her - to be very poignant, and a bit sad.  I hope she finds some peace, God knows we all search for some. 

Offline knufflschmoe

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 11:50:36 am »
I noticed in her homepage that she was always complaining about the lack of reputation of FBB
think she was quite suffering from that,she  sounded often quite frustreted ,so I wondered that she didn`t
quitt the scene earlier ...

Offline Spungle

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 06:38:44 pm »
Jo has been very busy on Facebook this month, even a short vid.

Her Facebook page, as far as I can make out, is open to all comments.

Offline Javi45

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 03:38:43 am »
you think its more mental? i remember reading her blogs and I was very sad cause she was upbeat in her interviews. You think personal or the stress of being a female bodybuilder just finally hit her?

Offline Spungle

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 11:44:02 pm »
Joanna's pouring out all her thoughts on her Facebook page, usually post a couple of times a day.

From what I can make out, she's back home with her parents in Cornwall. Deosn't train any more, but still keeps in touch with her FBB friends. Can't train because basically her knees are shot and need an operation. Some days she's up and some she's down. I know she appreciates kind words, so don't be shy to pop over there and drop her a line. Jo is one of life's sweethearts.

Offline fbblover2011

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 09:37:13 pm »
She's on a treatment for her knees actually. Hope she will recover soon

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  What's happened to...?  |  Joanna Thomas???

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View