Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
581838 Posts in 74197 Topics by 29442 Members - Latest Member: Dodo23 May 23, 2024, 03:58:35 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Anita Albrecht , Mad advice from british health experts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anita Albrecht , Mad advice from british health experts  (Read 9619 times)

Offline grossbar

• Activity:
    0%
Anita Albrecht , Mad advice from british health experts
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:22 pm »
An article in British newspapers today.
What do they know ?

Date: 26 March 2014. A female bodybuilder has slammed an NHS nurse who branded her overweight and told her she needed to exercise more and eat less. Athletic Anita Albrecht (Pictured) was left stunned when a nurse told her she was eating too much and needed to go on a drastic diet to lose weight during a routine appointment.
A superfit bodybuilder was branded overweight and put on a strict diet by an NHS nurse simply based on her BMI.
Anita Albrecht said she was told during a routine appointment she was ‘eating too much’ and needed to lose weight.
The 39-year-old, who works as a personal trainer, said her body mass index came out at 29 – four points over the healthy range and one short of obese.
But Ms Albrecht, who competes against some of the world’s leading bodybuilders, said the measure was distorted by her muscle-bound physique.
She said: ‘She insulted me by making assumptions about my lifestyle.
‘The information the nurse has given me is actually dangerous. A 1,000 calorie-a-day diet is only for people who are severely obese who are not active.
‘They should only be on that for a maximum of 12 weeks – generally as a precursor to surgery.’
BMI is worked out by dividing weight in kilograms by height in metres squared. But critics say it is flawed because it does not distinguish between fat and muscle, which is heavier.
Miss Albrecht, who is 1.5m (4ft 11in) tall and weighs about 66kg (10st), saw the nurse during an appointment about contraception at a family planning clinic in Harold Hill, east London.
She was told she needed to exercise more, eat less and to cut alcohol and fruit juice from her diet.
‘She put me on scales and clearly I’m a lot heavier than other women because of my height and I’m a bodybuilder,’ said Miss Albrecht.
‘For nine months of the year I don’t even drink as I am a competitive athlete. I felt insulted, was made to feel as though I was overweight, over eating and I felt a knock in my confidence.
‘When I tried to explain to her about body composition she wasn’t interested at all.’
NHS England declined to comment because of patient confidentiality. But its website concedes that athletes, such as rugby players, can be wrongly classed as overweight using BMI.
Body Mass Index is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by their height in metres squared.
The measurement was devised by Belgian mathematician Adolphe Quetelet while studying astronomy in 19th century France.
The student was inspired by stargazers who used probability to make their measurements as accurate as possible and decided to apply the same techniques to human features.
However, it wasn’t until the 1970s that researchers re-visited and supported his ‘Quetelet Index’ formula.

Anita Albrecht[/u]

Offline mockingbird

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Anita Albrecht , Mad advice from british health experts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:45 pm »
I guess I like fat chicks
User is currently banned [View]

Offline sandrock10

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:34:17 am »
I heard about that story yesterday! Still wondering about that one!

jim37

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:12:16 am »
that nurse is dumb dumber and dumbest :)

Offline NinjaStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Intolerably bitchy
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:31:54 pm »
The whole BMI thing is bullshit anyway. It's not a one-fits-all solution. Sounds like that nurse was a real diploma-mill type. If I were Anita, I'd go to a different practitioner.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Offline crimson_E_86

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »
That's hilarious. You telling me a nurse looked at the woman who is clearly muscled and said she's overweight. 

Offline dad123

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »
in england,if you are bigger than a stick they consider you fat.

muslmstr

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:51 pm »
This is why the government needs to stay OUT of the business of intruding into people's lives.  Asking some questions would have resolved that issue. People are not numbers; they are human beings. This is what happens when government begins to spin out of control.

UK_Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:31 am »
This is why the government needs to stay OUT of the business of intruding into people's lives.  Asking some questions would have resolved that issue. People are not numbers; they are human beings. This is what happens when government begins to spin out of control.

Unfortunately its not the current government's fault - its the leftie 'nany-state' NHS workers (who make up IMO the vast majority of NHS staff in the UK) who mostly think they know best, based on either out-dated information or (as has been said) a 'one-size-fits-all' approach to medicine.  In my view they are often more concerned with appearing to show genuine concern and so give the 'default' response to issues such as this than be bothered to actually be more thorough and think.  Unless and until this sort of attitude is not only challenged in the media, but throughout society, things won't change.  Things got so bad under the previous administration that it'll likely take decades to turn around (especially attitudes), and its always difficult for governments to take on such vested interests in many areas at once (they are doing so with the educational establishment at present).  That being said, they could be doing a lot more, although I suspect its partly due to having to compromise as its a coalition between right and left of centre political parties.

Offline martybong2

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 02:38:30 am »

Unfortunately its not the current government's fault - its the leftie 'nany-state' NHS workers (who make up IMO the vast majority of NHS staff in the UK) who mostly think they know best, based on either out-dated information or (as has been said) a 'one-size-fits-all' approach to medicine.  In my view they are often more concerned with appearing to show genuine concern and so give the 'default' response to issues such as this than be bothered to actually be more thorough and think.  Unless and until this sort of attitude is not only challenged in the media, but throughout society, things won't change.  Things got so bad under the previous administration that it'll likely take decades to turn around (especially attitudes), and its always difficult for governments to take on such vested interests in many areas at once (they are doing so with the educational establishment at present).  That being said, they could be doing a lot more, although I suspect its partly due to having to compromise as its a coalition between right and left of centre political parties.

Is there a section for the misinformed bollocks of the year award? I think we've found a contender. You want the media to challenge this? Isn't what this article was about in the first place? Secondly, this has nothing to to with party politics, you're just venting steam because your 'team' (that's how it appears) isn't top of the league right now. THIRDLY! You just stuck the tag of "leftie 'nany-state' NHS workers (who make up IMO the vast majority of NHS staff in the UK)" on hundreds of thousands hard working and decent people that save lives day in, day out. What exactly do you do as a career? Something tells me that if we met you would be begging for this "nanny-state" to come pick you up. Get a heart.

Offline Boselectah

• Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »
I read that story... it don't seem right to me. There is no way on earth she weighs 10 stone (140lbs) in the photo that accompanies the story - she's a tiny 4'11" and I'd be staggered if she weighed more than 8 stone even with her added muscle.
To weigh 10 stone she'd have to be VERY off-season with quite a bit of lard on her. I reckon the nurse may well have some amount of justification in her verdict and was worrying about someone using their heightened muscularity to hide from the fact they were actually a bit fat at that particular point in time., but, without having a current photo it's not clear.

Online e_honda

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    83.33%
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »
^^^^^
I would have to agree with that and that's the most likely explanation of what happened. There is no way anyone would call her fat if she showed up looking the way she did in that picture.

If she showed up weighing 140 lbs at her 4'11" height during her offseason, then yeah, I can see how someone might perceive that as fat. She's probably still really fit during offseason and strong as hell, but I'm guessing she looks pretty chunky while she's at it.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Anita Albrecht , Mad advice from british health experts

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View