LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

2013 USA Championships

Started by polecia, July 26, 2013, 05:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubus

I agree. I cannot be a fan of someone who is total newbie, I've never heard about the overall winner. However, I remember "discussion" or rather argument here, about Shannon, last year. I wrote that she needs more humility, not to devastate her career and forthcoming successes. She has huge potential, but Cindy Phillips also had and ended, at least for some time, her career, not competing in Tampa, year after winning the pro card. Shannon has some flaws, look at her abs and lower part of legs, especially from the back. Rene Marven looked better, winning the pro card, that's for sure.


laughaboutidiots

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

now i have heard it all. Shannon is unbeatable there. Seems like some biased judges scoring that show.  I am trully shocked shannon didn't win, she is flawless, you must be part of margies fan base. I don't go for anyone in particular but I know the real winner when i see one and Shannon won by a long shot. Very sad how the best get robbed in this sport.

flawless ? ? ?  ;D

she is good, relative good symetrie, she has legs ....but flawless...first, she wasnt ripped enough, second, she needs to fill out her frame

goldbricker

She got a pro card.  Mission accomplished.

I saw the contest pics and wanted to hold my tongue until after the competition but...might she need a little more size everywhere (gasp) if she is going to step onstage with some of the current pros?  No?  I'm sure she can but I'm saying think of her standing next to those huge girls.

gwmarti18

The general consensus from the people I've talked to about Shannon (who are experts in BBing, I'm just a fan) is that a.) her abs/core need work b.) her frame is a little small but packed with muscle so she creates a blocky projection...she is a light heavyweight but may be more successful doing lightweight or middleweight and losing some size, especially in her legs.  I personally think she looks fantastic now....kind of has the Anne Freitas factor...I can't believe shes only 21! I wonder what she'll look like when she's 31..

jubus

She is 22, it is probably the youngest pro ever, Joanna Thomas, Michelle Ralabate, Cindy Phillips were 23 when they their pro cards.

Ozzyfm

I must say I would have put Shannon to the first place without seeing the others competitors...;) But she's still number one in my heart!

laughaboutidiots

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
from the people I've talked to about Shannon (who are experts in BBing )  ...... losing some size, especially in her legs.

that people arent experts in bb....maybe they are experts in judgepolitics....


losing size in her legs ?  :angry:....her legs are near perfect , only a little bit more definition

goldbricker

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The general consensus from the people I've talked to about Shannon (who are experts in BBing, I'm just a fan) is that a.) her abs/core need work b.) her frame is a little small but packed with muscle so she creates a blocky projection...she is a light heavyweight but may be more successful doing lightweight or middleweight and losing some size, especially in her legs.  I personally think she looks fantastic now....kind of has the Anne Freitas factor...I can't believe shes only 21! I wonder what she'll look like when she's 31..

Shannon does have that same  "wow" factor but has far more pleasing quad "sweep" and calves than Anne, just my opinion.  But hey I love Anne's freak-show legs too, don't get me wrong there (before the pile-on).  And of course she doesn't have Anne's muscle size or density...yet.


That being said I do not think Shannon Courtney is being overrated one bit.  I can think of a shooting star or two who got as much hype but had a less gifted basic structure.  Only thing is her height but she's got a lot to make it work.

Lose size in the legs...GAWD I hope not (we need a new quad queen around here).   :look:


bguettler2112

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
She is 22, it is probably the youngest pro ever, Joanna Thomas, Michelle Ralabate, Cindy Phillips were 23 when they their pro cards.

Hopefully the juice doesn't mess with her face like these girls. 

papadoc1981

I also think Shannon should have gotten the overall but either way she's a pro now so not really any point in complaining.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
She is 22, it is probably the youngest pro ever, Joanna Thomas, Michelle Ralabate, Cindy Phillips were 23 when they their pro cards.
Jo was just 21 when she turned Pro.
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

laughaboutidiots

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
She is 22, it is probably the youngest pro ever, Joanna Thomas, Michelle Ralabate, Cindy Phillips were 23 when they their pro cards.
Jo was just 21 when she turned Pro.

yes...but in all fairness, jo got the procard with winning british championship  .....nearly alone on stage....so there is different standards

Timmon

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
She is 22, it is probably the youngest pro ever, Joanna Thomas, Michelle Ralabate, Cindy Phillips were 23 when they their pro cards.
Jo was just 21 when she turned Pro.

yes...but in all fairness, jo got the procard with winning british championship  .....nearly alone on stage....so there is different standards
Fair enough, but a pro card is a Pro card (soon to be even rarer if we believe the recent hype of fewer pro contests). At the end of the day, when has FBB ever been fair?
In Jo's case, she got the card, and did OK as soon as she went over to the USA, so even if she did face little real competition in the UK, she still proved herself as world class FBB. Still remarkable for 21 (like her sister who also go her Pro card a year earlier).
I ♥ Saradas 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

laughaboutidiots

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fair enough, but a pro card is a Pro card

they give pro cards to bikini also

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

At the end of the day, when has FBB ever been fair?


its not even fair how to get a pro-card....in most european countries you have to win worldchamoinship....but in some others its like a gift....britain, netherlands etc....national, even if that one is the only competitor

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In Jo's case, she got the card, and did OK as soon as she went over to the USA, so even if she did face little real competition in the UK, she still proved herself as world class FBB.

jo was good ....in fact, even one of my favs....but not consistent