clearskypharmacy

gfx gfx
blaster ugfreak
parapharma steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
483274 Posts in 62558 Topics by 26547 Members - Latest Member: Blumex July 04, 2020, 06:16:39 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Wrong decision  |  Hypothetical Ms Olympia 1994
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hypothetical Ms Olympia 1994  (Read 17084 times)

samusaran

Hypothetical Ms Olympia 1994
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »
who do u guys think would/should have won olympia 1994? denise rutkowski would have won if she didn't disappear.

lolu

Re: Hypothetical Ms Olympia 1994
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:14 pm »

no denise would have not won...lenda murray is almost unbeatable...the most perfect structure & porportions of any bodybuilder

including males in the history of bodybuilding

Offline josefanfbb

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

no denise would have not won...lenda murray is almost unbeatable...the most perfect structure & porportions of any bodybuilder

including males in the history of bodybuilding

But maybe with better calves...

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:06:10 am »
I'm with Lolu on this one !   What a phenominal frame with such beautiful, full muscle bodies !   The broad shoulders/back vs the tiny waist.  My my....   She's my idol.

Offline CookyMonzta

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:46:08 am »
who do u guys think would/should have won olympia 1994? denise rutkowski would have won if she didn't disappear.
Many people thought Laura Creavalle should have won that one.  I've played the ESPN broadcast many times on my VCR (now busted  :'(), and as much as I love Lenda, I think she got away with murder on this one.  On physique alone, the edge clearly goes to Laura; but what I think lost it for her was Lenda's posing.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:39:34 am »
You may well be absolutely correct Cooky.   I was always a Laura Creavalle fan as well.   Cory and Carla were also gals that had their posing presentation fine tuned.   Makes a big difference...to me at least.  It's an important part of this sport. 

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:59:34 pm »
Allison...I have a question which you are certainly qualified to answer because you obviously were involved in FBB during this (to some) golden age of FBB.

In light of the ongoing "crisis" surrounding the future of female bodybuilding, were the "legends" mentioned in this thread and the other participants as dependent on drugs/steroids...whatever you want to call them....to achieve their physical goals???

I acknowledge that significant "advances" have been made in the area of "supplemental" products, but were they as important at that time in order to be competitive?     

Patrick_Henry

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »
Samu., hi..
I was a big early '90s Rutkowski fan.. I definitely felt she could've won a Ms O in that '94 time frame..and we could even go further down the road, what would Denise have looked like in '97, '98 etc. if she had stayed in the game. She had a great frame & was getting bigger every time I saw her in a mag. Could she have won multiple titles (?)
..wonder the same thing about Tina Lockwood.. She had uncanny genetic potential for building muscle. Lockwood & Rutkowski were two athletes, where (in my opinion), the sky was the limit for 'em.

It's both fun, & sad, for me to speculate about what could've been. /peace/

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:46 pm »
Allison...I have a question which you are certainly qualified to answer because you obviously were involved in FBB during this (to some) golden age of FBB.

In light of the ongoing "crisis" surrounding the future of female bodybuilding, were the "legends" mentioned in this thread and the other participants as dependent on drugs/steroids...whatever you want to call them....to achieve their physical goals???

I acknowledge that significant "advances" have been made in the area of "supplemental" products, but were they as important at that time in order to be competitive?   
(off topic...sorry)
To hwillish:   I first began competition in 79-80 in Hawaii and was primarily a backyard gym trainer...I never hit the gyms once I got started.   Hawaii was a bit behind other states in starting FBB competition.  There were a lot of gals who were ...well, not naturally muscular. Dieted down yes.  I got 1st place and a trophy for every "best" body part in every contest (5) I ever entered there. I was a normally muscular woman, an active surfer in big waves, and had excellent personal training advice.  Then I went to Venice to do the Golds Classic in  83.  It was the first time I saw so many FBBs walking around who were obviously taking steroids. This was now a different world I was seeing first hand.   Pillow and I became friends shortly after.   She admitted to me her brief use of steroids there in Venice and became an advocate against steroid use after her return to Alaska.  We wrote back and forth on this for years after that.  It was a puzzlement to both of us from then on who was in fact a natural and who was not. It was obvious though that this bloom in the sport was getting plenty fertilizer! It still puzzles me on these early era women.  I asked that on another thread on Saradas and never got an answer.  Who were the naturals of the early era I asked.  I claimed Cory was a natural, & some said no way.  She never said nay nor yay...so I don't know really.   Few if any FBBs that are known came up and said "I swear on a stack of bibles I never used a performance enhancement drug) ever"...that I know of....except me.  I suspect the naturals were the ones that came and went quickly for the most part.  Ones that just disappeared early on.

Litmus:   So what you have with me: a gal who was one who not only came and went...I literally lost 100% interest in following the sport.  There were not many computers then and I was only glancing at the mag covers at the checkout counter.  Now 30 yr later I come back to really examine the scene more closely.  Sessions were unknown to me until I asked someone here what that  meant.  That entire side of FBB I was unaware of until very recently.  The 20% rule ( another thing I was clueless about ) was the writing on the wall, and that didn't work.  Now the elimination of FBB division from major event(s).  It appears that profoundly muscular women obviously now on steroids is something they don't want to see on the stage anymore.   Women will keep getting bigger, bigger and bigger...and they know that.  Look at the men.  I know it's not a popular thing to say here on Saradas, but the appearance of a woman well beyond what's humanly possible to the point of distortion of the female body will be eliminated from competitions...my hunch ( I'll be ducking smites on that one).  Steroided up women and all the associated "stuff" will persist..."off-line" and encouraged by their fans earning a living and glory the best way they know how.

Soooo who were the naturals of the early era?....boy I have not a clue.  I was one I can tell you that.  Possibly there were some that came in with genetic gifts and enhanced them...bloomed...then decided they didn't want to continue drug enhanced FBB.  The ones that stayed, got bigger faster. 

I strongly doubt the growth spurt of the late 80's and beyond was purely more advanced protein powder .
ALISON 

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »
Allison...pretty much what I've heard, but thanks for your viewpoint.

I can only say, it is too bad you live so far away from the US...Panama, right?  My favorite show to attend is the Masters in Pittsburgh every July.  And this year, Gary Udit has added a +65 division.

Now's your time for a "comeback" lady!!!! :cool2:

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02:06 pm »
Wonder how I could ever qualify?   I'm getting back into as close to contest condition as I can do without going crazy.  I started in November from out of shape condition.  At the time I began I estimated 1 full year .    It's now 6 months out since I started and altough I've come a long way and muscle shapes and form are showing...I'd never make contest shape by July this year.  IFBB started here in Panama last year.  No FBB division.  I think Saradas will be my only contest venue.  I pondered a Natural contest but no way I could do the drug testing from here.

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »
Allison...just for the fun of it go to to RXMuscle and search for the 2012 Masters Nationals.  By the way this is an NPC competition which offers Pro Cards... for whatever they are worth these days.

I am pretty sure you will find only 2 ladies who were above 60 (Sheila Benditz and Kay Friend) and Sheila I know for a fact is only 61.

It's just inspiring to me that there are actually ladies at this stage in life who are willing to get up on a stage and present themselves to the public as role models for what all of our futures can be.

Physically healthy and obviously mentally strong at any age.   

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »
Yup....staying in shape is certainly better than bedsores !.....ha ha
Well thanks for your inputs...and let me know if you hear more about the wheelchair division.  (getting back on the subject here) It would be fantastic to have a rehash of the 80's gals again on stage wouldn't it?   If anybody, Bill Jentz and Steve Wennerstrom would have the gals contacts.  Ho...that would be a blast !!!!!!   I'm in....

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 08:23:56 pm »
Me too...

Wheel Chair Division...actually I think we ought to propose that to the Arnold Committee.  They would probably go for it...lol

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »
EXCELLENT !!!!!

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Wrong decision  |  Hypothetical Ms Olympia 1994

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View