Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

#FEMUSCLE: ART + ART HISTORY - PAINTINGS - PHOTOS - STATUES - etc

Started by Gourmetguy, October 09, 2018, 10:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gourmetguy

FBB fountain statue

I was recently visiting Messina in Sicily for the day when i came across a statue of Neptune. The fascinating thing was the two women in the statue were very muscular. They also appeared to have had fbb boob jobs. The original statue dates from 1557!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

Gourmetguy

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

Patrick_Henry

Interesting. Could the bikini tops be some kind of replication of breast plates (?)

Junkerer22

I did some quick research on this fountain, apparently it was made by Giovanni Angelo Montorsoli, one of Michelangelo's collaborators. Now, knowing Michelangelo and his group's work, it wasn't unusual to see muscular women, some scholars assume he painted and sculpted women that way due to his alleged homosexuality. You can totally see that in the Sistine chapel, Eve is ripped! I guess Giovanni dragged some of that style with him.

Gourmetguy

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was stunning to see a what marvelous muscular women sculptures. Great photos you been take, Gourmet guy.

Karma point for this.

Just wish i could have got a bit closer. I could only take photos from afar

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I understand. You can keep up a good work.

Thanks matey, will try

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:cool2:
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

Gourmetguy

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did some quick research on this fountain, apparently it was made by Giovanni Angelo Montorsoli, one of Michelangelo's collaborators. Now, knowing Michelangelo and his group's work, it wasn't unusual to see muscular women, some scholars assume he painted and sculpted women that way due to his alleged homosexuality. You can totally see that in the Sistine chapel, Eve is ripped! I guess Giovanni dragged some of that style with him.

Thats interesting. I think Eve does have a minor buffness to her
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

Gourmetguy

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interesting. Could the bikini tops be some kind of replication of breast plates (?)

You cant tell so much from my pics but the nipples were definitely visible. So the mystery deepens.
you shouldn't have to ask for karma if it is deserved

oriander2000

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did some quick research on this fountain, apparently it was made by Giovanni Angelo Montorsoli, one of Michelangelo's collaborators. Now, knowing Michelangelo and his group's work, it wasn't unusual to see muscular women, some scholars assume he painted and sculpted women that way due to his alleged homosexuality. You can totally see that in the Sistine chapel, Eve is ripped! I guess Giovanni dragged some of that style with him.

Not exactly. Female nude models were hard to find in those times for sculpture. While many painters had to draw / paint female nudes "by memory" when referring to the intimate parts, sculpture models had to pose still for longer periods, and weren't exactly seen with good eyes. A more probable explanation is that Buonarotti, like many others, had to use male models.

What sets Buonarotti aside is that his models were quite buff, since they were mostly quarrymen, so his statues came out looking like bodybuilders, especially - and ironically - after adding them breasts, which look like the obvious implants many fbbs sport these days.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kujarer

Los Angles Coliseum female athlete body statue by Robert Graham for the '84 Olympics...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh:

Kujarer

Amazons by Nicholas/Nikolai Kalmakov (1873-1955)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh:

Kujarer

Michelangelo Tribute 'Women' 2020 West Hollywood USA

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh:

Kujarer

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michelangelo Tribute 'Women' 2020 West Hollywood USA

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

More accurate description: "Michelangelo 2020: A Tribute to Women," a sculpture by internationally renowned Italian artist Mauro Perucchetti, installed in 2015 in West Hollywood Park.

"Please be patient with me ... I'm from the 1900's"

 :laugh: